Re: John Lennon

#288145  | PERMALINK

dominick-birdsey
Birdcore

Originally posted by dock@9 Jul 2002, 21:32
die Rock'n'Roll is für mich auch nen Muß…………….

In his later years, John Lennon admitted that while he was in college he was a violent drunk who smashed phone boxes. That same punk also sat in on blues circles, only to infiltrate them, and get everyone to play that crazy devil music, rock 'n' roll. Following the demise of The Beatles, Lennon spent the early part of 1975 cutting a record with Phil Spector that revisited the soundtrack of his rebellious youth. The resulting album, Rock and Roll, featured Lennon covering the songs of 50s greats like Chuck Berry, Gene Vincent and Buddy Holly.

According to Billboard, Rock and Roll is now scheduled to get the special-edition reissue treatment, and will feature, in addition to the complete remastered album, a new photo booklet and four bonus tracks. The new tracks include „To Know Her Is to Love Her“ and „Angel Baby“, „Since My Baby Left Me“ (not the same track included on Menlove Avenue), and a reprise of „Just Because“ that includes a Christmas message to Paul, George, Ringo, Yoko… and all of Great Britain. The album is scheduled to hit streets on September 27th, and here's the full tracklist:

01 Be-Bop-A-Lula
02 Stand By Me
03 Rip It Up/Ready Teddy (Medley)
04 You Can't Catch Me
05 Ain't That a Shame
06 Do You Want to Dance?
07 Sweet Little Sixteen
08 Slippin' And Slidin'
09 Peggy Sue
10 Bring it on Home/Send Me Some Loving (Medley)
11 Bony Maronie
12 Ya Ya
13 Just Because

Bonus tracks:
14 Angel Baby
15 To Know Her is to Love Her
16 Since My Baby Left Me
17 Just Because

Quelle: Pitchfork

(Von Vinyl weiß ich aber nichts)

--