Re: Dead Can Dance

#2714447  | PERMALINK

herling

Herbert…von Serpents Egg bis Into the Labyrinth war keine Entwicklung, nur stetiges Wiederholen.

Ich würde sagen sie haben in dieser Zeit „ihren“ Sound gefunden und Album für Album langsam aber sicher verfeinert. Und mit „Aion“ war ein stark mittelalterliches (?!) Album dabei. Ich selbst finde das erste Album klingt ein wenig nach Demo. Das hat sicher seinen Charme, aber es ist einfach sehr untypisch.

Ivo Watts-Russel (4AD):
I had a bit of a system going at 4AD in the first three years. I discovered a small eight-track-studio in London called Blackwing (…) I’d tell most of the artists I signed „I want to work with you, why don’t we go into Blackwing with John Fryer – he’s learning but he’s a really nice bloke.“ The arrangement worked beautifully for many of the groups but DCD didn’t really get on with John. They were never happy with the way that first record sounded (…).

--

There's only two ways to sum up music: either it's good or it's bad. If it's good you don't mess about with it, you just enjoy it. (Louis Armstrong)