Re: Porcupine Tree – Deadwing

#2538819  | PERMALINK

pink-nice

dr.musicUnd dann nächste Woche noch das große PT-Feature in der „eclipsed“. So kann man das Warten auf „Deadwing“ gerade noch ertragen.:)

Schon 4 Rezensionen auf der Prog List……..2x *** und 2x *****

http://www.progarchives.com/

PORCUPINE TREE Deadwing
Review by Gabriel Penteado @ 10:16:46 PM EST, 2005-03-15

— Somehow „They did it again“ doesn’t sound quite right here. This is ther best work so far. And i won’t hold back in saying that this AIN’T an opinion, it’s a fact. This album is somehow heavier than In Absentia in some parts and also more Elegant than Stupid Dream in others. It all starts with the AWESOME deadwing,kicking you out of whatever chair you’re on. this track changes so much that you will get scared sometimes when it gets you as a surprise, the best opening track made by porcupine tree so far. After that we have Shallow, a pretty rocking track that reminds of newer Rush songs. The awesome songs continue unbeatable with Lazarus, problably the best ballad they EVER made (and i’m not forgetting trains and such)(also, try to listen to this holding someone you really like and just keep hugging), and Halo only to get to another album highlight, Arriving somewhere (But Not Here), a 12 minute piece that just stuns you from beggining to end rendering everyone who likes music speechless. then back to other almighty tracks, such as Mellotron Scratch, Open Car (another AWESOME song) and the start of something beatiful. to close with a AWESOME TRACK, galss arm shaterring, makes you wanna listen to the whole thing again. Remember that just because i didnt comment on a few songs, this doesnt mean theyre highlights AT ALL, in fact if any of the songs were to be singles, they were good enough for it. And i think this is it about it, really worth buying. Unless you dont like prog rock that is

--

Wenn ich meinen Hund beleidigen will nenne ich ihn Mensch. (AS) „Weißt du, was ich manchmal denke? Es müsste immer Musik da sein. Bei allem was du machst. Und wenn's so richtig Scheiße ist, dann ist wenigstens noch die Musik da. Und an der Stelle, wo es am allerschönsten ist, da müsste die Platte springen und du hörst immer nur diesen einen Moment.“