Re: Was ist Pop?

#2229341  | PERMALINK

stillstand

Wir leben in einer Popkultur, weil wir Popradio haben. Weil die meinungsbildenden Medien vor elekrtrischen Gitarren panische Angst haben, so wie der Papst vor Kommunisten.

Das schöne ist natürlich: In Deutschland bist Du als Rockhörer immer ein Aussätziger, das steigert das Wohlbefinden.

@jan Wölfer

Es hat ja niemand gesagt, dass Du Dich meiner Meinung anschließen musst, aber daß ich so in Rätseln sprechen täte, ist mir doch etwas neu.

So, jetzt noch mal eine andere Definition von M.C. Strong. Autor des Standard-Nachschlagwerkes für Rock-Tonträger.

As for my definition of what is Rock and what is pop, I see it like this: Rock music is written by the artist for his or herself not in the initial intention of making money, but to make music and to possibly stretch its limit and boundaries a little further, hence the term „a classic of its generation“ This is the music that normally stands all time barriers and can be even loved decades after its inception. Take for example Eddie Cochran, the Beatles, Jimi Hendrix the Sex Pistols an REM. These rock artists I agree have also become Pop icons, athough they have and never will lose their rock credibility tag. However easy listening pop music is written for thge singers/musicians by mostly an outside songwriter and is recorded with the sole intention of making a quick buck, either for themselves or their record label. Take for Example Cliff Richard, Neil Sedaka, Bay City Rollers, Bros and Take That. Another thing is that Rock's not just about loud guitars by heavy metal bands, which people have actually stated to me it should be. If it was, we would be a poorer world for it.

--