Antwort auf: The Smiths

#2033957  | PERMALINK

joshua-tree
Back from the Grave

Normanrecords.co.uk TRACKLISTING:
7″ #1 A) Hand in Glove, B) Handsome Devil (Live), Originally issued as RT131
7″ #1 A) This Charming Man, B) Jeane, Originally issued as RT136
7″ #1 A) What Difference Does It Make?, B) Back To The Old House, Originally issued as RT146
7″ #1 A) Still Ill, B) You’ve Got Everything Now, Scheduled as 4th single issued as DJ „A“ Label promo R61DJ, [**Exclusive to this box]
7″ #1 A) Heaven Knows I’m Miserable Now, B) Suffer Little Children, Originally issued as RT156
7″ #1 A) William, It Was Really Nothing, 6) Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want, Originally issued as RT166
7″ #1 A) How Soon Is Now?, 7) Well I Wonder, Originally issued as RT176
7″ #1 A) Shakespeare’s Sister, 8) What She Said, Originally issued as RT181
7″ #1 A) The Headmaster Ritual, 9) Oscillate Wildly, Originally issued as Megadisc MD5295 (Holland) [**Exclusive to this box]
7″ #1 A) That Joke Isn’t Funny Anymore, 10) Meat Is Murder (Live), Originally issued as RT186
7″ #1 A) The Boy With The Thorn In His Side, B) Asleep, Originally issued as RT191
7″ #1 A) Bigmouth Strikes Again, B) Money Changes Everything, Originally issued as RT192

OVERVIEW: Rhino UK are proud to present „Singles Box“: a clamshell box containing the first ten UK-issued singles in their original picture sleeves. The box also contains two additional singles which are exclusive to this box set – The projected 4th single – „Still Ill“ (which was pressed as DJ promo „A“ label single only, but ultimately got passed over and replaced by „Heaven Knows I’m Miserable Now“), presented in it’s original form, and the Dutch release of „The Headmaster Ritual“ housed in it’s black & white „cowboy“ sleeve – the rarest commercially issued Smiths single in any territory. The box is completed with four contemporary badges and a poster featuring the single artworks. All singles utilise the original production masters from the period. A must have item, and limited to 7500 copies only.

The Smiths were the definitive British independent band of the eighties, releasing a remarkable series of singles and albums between 1983 and 1987 that was both commercially and critically successful. The Smiths laid down a marker for guitar pop-rock that remains unsurpassed. They were the inspiration for the guitar driven rock that dominated the nineties and for the spiritual revival of today’s indie scene.

To celebrate the release of the forthcoming ‘The Sound Of The Smiths’ – the new compilation of the band’s greatest hits – 10 x 7” singles will be released (two a week) from 10th November through to 8th December 08 on 7” vinyl and as digital downloads, all using the original production masters. They will all be housed in the original picture bags. The individual 7’s will be strictly limited to 3000 copies only.

Obwohl ich die ersten 3 Singles bereits besitze, werden die anschliessenden Lücken (ich habe davon meist nur die 12′) meiner Sammlung geschlossen.

--