Antwort auf: Ich höre gerade folgendes Album (Vol. III)

Startseite Foren Fave Raves: Die definitiven Listen My Playlist Ich höre gerade folgendes Album (Vol. III) Antwort auf: Ich höre gerade folgendes Album (Vol. III)

#12277657  | PERMALINK

firecracker

Ich hatte das gar nicht gemerkt, dass der so lang ist. War mir auch nicht mehr bewusst, dass das Album fast eine Stunde lang ist. Die vergeht aber sehr schnell, wenn man das hört. Toll auch, dass die Kommunikation am Ende des vorletzten Tracks drin geblieben ist. Total sympathisches Lachen (von Tony Allen vermutlich). Und nicht viel später ist er gestorben. ♥

Joan says..“Damon Albarn introduced me to Afrobeat legend, Tony Allen, at the Africa Express event “The Circus” in London in 2019. Tony and I played Nina Simone’s I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel To Be Free and made a pact to record together in the future. In November of that year, our pact was realised. My old friend and fierce musician Dave Okumu joined Tony and me in a Parisian studio, where we improvised, untethered by form or tempo. I left with the tapes without knowing exactly how I’d use them.
In April I lost a beloved mentor, Hal Willner. Hal created beautiful and unlikely collaborations among artists. Hal appointed me Musical Director of Hal’s collaboration on Neil Young’s songbook in 2004 (Prospect Park) and 2011 (Winter Olympics Vancouver). Grieving Hal’s death, I began creating songs from the Parisian improvisations, only to learn of Tony’s passing while in the studio. As my world became undone, I focused on creating the new album from the Paris collaboration.
joanaspolicewoman.bandcamp.com

zuletzt geändert von firecracker

--

Dirty, dirty feet from the concert in the grass / I wanted to believe that freedom there could last (Willy Mason)