Antwort auf: Auswertung der Umfrage – Die 20 besten Tracks von Tim Buckley

Startseite Foren Fave Raves: Die definitiven Listen Die besten Tracks Auswertung der Umfrage – Die 20 besten Tracks von Tim Buckley Antwort auf: Auswertung der Umfrage – Die 20 besten Tracks von Tim Buckley

#12061393  | PERMALINK

firecracker

was

stefane

was Das Endergebnis hat einige Überraschungen gebracht, aber damit bin ich schon zufrieden.

Was waren für Dich die großen Überraschungen beim Endergebnis, was?

Dass Pleasant Street gewinnt. Ich mag den Song, aber ich höre andere Tracks auf Goodbye and Hello stärker.

Bestimmt wegen des überragend spannenden Filmes so superpopulär. I almost hate to say it: Ich bin eingeschlafen und habe hinterher recht lange nach dieser einen kurzen Szene suchen müssen …

Was Christian licorice clothes sein sollen, habe ich trotzdem nicht verstanden. Das werde ich jetzt noch 20x lesen, vielleicht ja dann:

Maybe I’ve just always liked those songs that suggest—in an address to a woman, generally—that our bodies betray us. The power someone like this lover here has over “you” has to do with you giving him that power. We can say it’s a manifestation of weakness, but what a song like “Pleasant Street” wants us to consider is the power of need. When you’re overwhelmed by lust and addiction, when you’re desperate for what can relieve your craving—and I guess it could be booze or sweets or what-have-you, maybe even baby flesh for you addicted moms out there—you don’t succumb to someone else, really, you succumb to the strength of your own desire. It’s amazing to feel things so deeply and so, dare I say it, religiously. It becomes a faith, indeed, that lust for the liberating miracle. Which is where I think the “Christian licorice clothes” comes from. That kind of palliative—the hocus pocus of religious panaceas (a Host, a piece of licorice)—doesn’t work in the short run. Maybe, ultimately, it will. But right now, “I love—Pleasant Street, O I wheel, I steal, I feel my way down to kneel, down, down … dowwwwwwn.” browndmt.blogspot.com

Da! Die Lösung. Vielleicht. Stephen Pike 9 years ago: „The Christian Licorice Store“ was an actual store in Haight/Ashbury
The song took the name from that and so did the movie. Just wanted to correct the info above.

zuletzt geändert von firecracker

--

Dirty, dirty feet from the concert in the grass / I wanted to believe that freedom there could last (Willy Mason)