Antwort auf: 29.09.2020: Meeresfrüchte und Inselgewächse | Linton Kwesi Johnson | PPP

Startseite Foren Das Radio-Forum StoneFM 29.09.2020: Meeresfrüchte und Inselgewächse | Linton Kwesi Johnson | PPP Antwort auf: 29.09.2020: Meeresfrüchte und Inselgewächse | Linton Kwesi Johnson | PPP

#11225983  | PERMALINK

soulpope
"Ever Since The World Ended, I Don`t Get Out As Much"

wahrLinton Kwesi Johnson – Inglan Is A Bitch (1980) Aus: Bass Culture England Is A Bitch When I had just come to the town of London I used to work in the underground but working in the underground you don’t get to know your way around. England is a bitch there’s no escaping it England is a bitch there’s no running away from it. I got a little job in a big hotel and after a while, I was doing quite well they started me off as a dishwasher but when I started making money, I didn’t turn into a clock watcher1 England is a bitch there’s no escaping it England is a bitch no point in trying to hide from it. When they give you your first wage packet2 first they rob it with a big tax bracket3 you have to struggle to make ends meet and when you go to bed you just can’t sleep. England is a bitch there’s no escaping it England is a bitch and I don’t lie, I tell the truth. I used to work digging ditches, when it was cold, no shit4 I was strong like a mule, but boy was I a fool then after a while I stopped doing overtime then after a while I just put down my tools. England is a bitch there’s no escaping it England is a bitch you have to know how to survive in it. Well I did day work and I did night work I did cleaning and duty work they say that black men are very lazy but if you see how I work you would say I’m crazy. England is a bitch there’s no escaping it England is a bitch you better face up to it. They have a little factory up in Brackley in this factory all they do is pack crockery for the last fifteen years they got my labor now after fifteen years I’ve fallen out of favor. England is a bitch there’s no escaping it England is a bitch there’s no running away from it. I know they have work, work in abundance yet still, they make me redundant now, at fifty five I’m getting quite old yet still, they sent me for unemployment5 . England is a bitch there’s no escaping it England is a bitch what are we gonna do about it?

Hab Deine Sendung leider versäumt …. toller Typ und diese Scheibe wohl eine seiner besten Stunden ….

--

"Kunst ist schön, macht aber viel Arbeit" (K. Valentin)