Antwort auf: Ich höre gerade … Soul!

#11163177  | PERMALINK

soulpope
"Ever Since The World Ended, I Don`t Get Out As Much"

Beschwingt in einen s-o-u-l-i-g-e-n Tag …. :

Gloria Scott „What I Gonna Do“ (Casablanca)       1975 …. aus dem Album, welches Whitney Houston wohl gerne veröffentlicht hätte …. schon im Schatten von Disco, aber mit den Füssen im Soul …. produziert von Barry White …. trotz der Qualität war`s das für Gloria Scott – interessanter Hintergrund :

Gloria Scott signed a seven-year contract with Barry White. There was only one album What Am I Gonna Do and six years of galley.
Between the two was born this single that was the apple of discord. He reached the 14th place of the Disco charts and strong of this success the same Gloria became angry all red with the impious Barry:
– „I’m not your singer you handle at will, Barry, I want to sing my own songs my own lyrics and mostly I want to work directly with you, my Barry, and not have all the time in my legs this gnome of Gene Page and all his acolytes! „.
Barry White listened calmly to him like a Buddha, venturous and benevolent, and pronounced these words in his voice from beyond grave:
– „Ok, I call HR Barnum and I see if he is free … you will close the door when leaving, thank you“
Gloria recorded a second album with HR Barnum, who never came out and whose titles have not yet been exhumed for forty years.
The reasons were never known. Mysterious. They were surely buried in the foggy brain of Barry where cathedrals of sounds were built more quickly than the speed of sound.

--

"Kunst ist schön, macht aber viel Arbeit" (K. Valentin)