Antwort auf: In The Pipeline – Coming Soon – Forthcoming Goodies

#10881721  | PERMALINK

flashbackmagazine

ROLLING STONES – „Let It Bleed“ (50th Anniversary Deluxe Box)

This November, ABKCO are set to reissue The Rolling Stones‘ 1969 album Let It Bleed as a 50th anniversary box set.

This set will feature newly remastered (by Bob Ludwig) stereo and mono versions of the album on both vinyl and SACD.

The collection also includes a reproduction of the 1969 seven-inch mono single of ‘Honky Tonk Women’/ ‘You Can’t Always Get What You Want’ in a picture sleeve.

An 80 page hardcover book includes an notes by he-gets-everywhere journalist David Fricke, along with never-before-seen photos by the band’s tour photographer Ethan Russell. Perhaps in the hope of distracting you from the lack of bonus audio, this set also includes more ‘stuff’ in the shape of three 12” x 12” hand-numbered REPLICA-signed lithographs printed on embossed archival paper, and a massive (23” x 23”) poster.

If you are interested in the remastering, Bob Ludwig apparently worked from Direct Stream Digital files taken from the original tapes at a 2.8 MHz sampling rate.

Let It Bleed is reissued on 1 November 2019. There will also be standalone remastered stereo CD and vinyl editions available.

LP 1 – Stereo

Side 1

Gimme Shelter

Love In Vain

Country Honk

Live with Me

Let It Bleed

Side 2

Midnight Rambler

You Got the Silver

Monkey Man

You Can’t Always Get What You Want

LP 2 – Mono

Side 1

Gimme Shelter

Love In Vain

Country Honk

Live with Me

Let It Bleed

Side 2

Midnight Rambler

You Got the Silver

Monkey Man

Hybrid Super Audio CD 1 – Stereo

Gimme Shelter

Love In Vain

Country Honk

Live with Me

Let It Bleed

Midnight Rambler

You Got the Silver

Monkey Man

Hybrid Super Audio CD 2 – Mono

Gimme Shelter

Love In Vain

Country Honk

Live with Me

Let It Bleed

Midnight Rambler

You Got the Silver

Monkey Man

7” vinyl single – (Mono)

Side A – Honky Tonk Women

Side B – You Can’t Always Get What You Want

Quelle: SuperDeluxeEdition

Persönliche Anmerkung: einer ersten kleinen Vorfreude folgt gleich die große Ernüchterung. Eine enttäusche VÖ, gerade bei ersten Preisen zwischen 110 EUR und 150 EUR. Gerade auch mit ergänzendem Seitenblick auf die angekündigte Box von Pink Floyd kann man eigentlich nur einen Druck bekommen, dass die Plattenfirmen zunehmend einen Hau weg haben. Auf der anderen Seite: wenn es genug Leute gibt, die SO etwas zu SOLCHEN Preisen kaufen …

Link_zu_amazon.de

--