Antwort auf: Dead & Gone

#10858871  | PERMALINK

stormy-monday
We Shall Overcome

But Wiki also sez:
Substance abuse issues throughout his life, and became a regular user of crack, heroin, and methamphetamine during the early 2000s. He has unintentionally overdosed twice, including one occasion in Manhattan on an unspecified drug following the album release party for Bright Flight.

On November 19, 2003, Berman attempted suicide in Nashville by attempting to consume 300 Xanax pills combined with crack cocaine. When he was discovered by his wife Cassie, he refused hospitalization, and instead demanded to be brought to the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel (the location where Vice President Al Gore had stayed for two weeks during the 2000 election recounts). At the front desk, Berman demanded (and received) the „Al Gore suite“; while riding the elevator up to the room, told the bellhop, „I want to die where the presidency died!“ He was eventually taken to Vanderbilt University Medical Center.] Around a year later, he checked in for drug rehab at the Hazelden Foundation. The episode was later detailed at length by Nick Weidenfeld in an article for Fader titled „Dying in the Al Gore Suite“.

When asked about his sobriety during a 2019 interview, Berman stated, „I was only 100% sober for Tanglewood Numbers. Touring made me a daily pot smoker. It was the only way I could cordon myself off from the fuss, and endure the boredom. I was a daily smoker from 2006-09.“ He also noted that „Alcohol on its own doesn’t appeal to me much.“

Trotzdem, R.I.P. David Berman. Ja, Scheisse.

--

Well, my telephone rang, it would not stop It's President Biden callin' me up He said, "My friend, Maik, what do we need to make the country grow?" I said, "My friend, Joe, my friend Bob would advice you , Brigitte Bardot, Anita Ekberg, Sophia Loren" Country'll grow