Art Brut – Wham! Bang! Pow! Let's Rock Out! (VÖ: 23.11.2018)

Startseite Foren Die Tonträger: Aktuell und Antiquariat Aktuelle Platten Art Brut – Wham! Bang! Pow! Let's Rock Out! (VÖ: 23.11.2018)

Ansicht von 4 Beiträgen - 1 bis 4 (von insgesamt 4)
  • Autor

marbeck
    Keine Lust, mir etwas auszudenken

Here to remind us of our insatiable, adolescent appetite for music, Art Brut are back together. What started as a break-up album and turned into an ‘in-love record’, Wham! Bang! Pow! Let’s Rock Out! is a collection of post-punk, poppy bangers that recall the distinctive sound that burst out of the Berlin-based band back in 2005. With sleeve by Jim Avignon and production duties from Jim Moray, it puts sincere narrative shape into poignant reflections of encompassing a youthful heart in a world that perpetually forces us to grow up and – if you believe us, just know that this IS the best Art Brut album yet.

Erinnert sich noch jemand an die Band?

Hier zwei Titel aus dem neuen Album:

Hospital!

Und der Titelsong:

--

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." - George Best --- Dienstags und donnerstags, ab 20 Uhr, samstags ab 20.30 Uhr: Radio StoneFM
    Highlights von Rolling-Stone.de
    Werbung
    #10649893  | PERMALINK

clau
    Coffee Bar Cat

marbeck
    Erinnert sich noch jemand an die Band?

Das erste Album damals fand ich toll, ich hab’s auch immer noch in der Sammlung, aber seit Jahren nicht gehört. Die neue LP kann man ja mal wieder antesten…

--

How does it feel to be one of the beautiful people?
    #10717577  | PERMALINK

marbeck
    Keine Lust, mir etwas auszudenken

Mir gefällt das Album. Ich mochte die Stimme von Eddie Argos schon immer, ebenso die Texte.

Beispiel

I know that it’s a cliché
    But I swear, I’m not lying
    But the day you left
    I dreamt I was flying
    A record collection
    Split in two
    And you took all the bad songs
    Away with you

Hopefully
    This’ll be
    The last break-up song
    I ever need

I hope you’re very happy together
    I hope you’re very happy together
    And if you’re not, that’s even better

--

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." - George Best --- Dienstags und donnerstags, ab 20 Uhr, samstags ab 20.30 Uhr: Radio StoneFM
    #10717591  | PERMALINK

feertheereeper

Na klar, von denen war doch dieses LA-Lied. Die hätten viel mehr Aufmerksamkeit verdient gehabt als sie gekriegt haben. Schön, dass es sie noch gibt!

--

Ansicht von 4 Beiträgen - 1 bis 4 (von insgesamt 4)

Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.