Re: Guy Clark

#1021645  | PERMALINK

spade

Wie ist eigentlich die „Old Friends“? Überlege, sie mir zuzulegen, weil ich Clarks Coverversion von „To Live Is To Fly“ so großartig finde.

Hab‘ die CD ewig nicht mehr gehört, aber meiner Erinnerung nach ist sie exzellent, wenn auch natürlich kein Vergleich zum unerreichten Debut. Habe, um mich an das Tracklisting zu erinnern, gerade mal bei amazon.com nachgeschaut, und zitiere mal aus einer Kundenrezension dort (die zitierte Textpassage aus „Come From The Heart“ spricht – auch wenn sie nicht von Guy Clark selber verfaßt wurde -, denke ich, für sich – und für das Album!):

A deep songwriter’s album, both Guy’s and his wife’s songs as well as the great Townes Van Zandt’s song „To Live Is To Fly“ Surprisingly „COMES FROM THE HEART“ ,the song that has become a cult classic and quoted all over the internet, is written by Susannah Clark and Richard Leigh. The lyrics just connect with people in a positive encouraging way. The chorus is:
„You got to sing like you don’t need the money
Love like you’ll never get hurt
You got to dance like nobody’s watchin‘

It’s gotta come from the heart if you want it to work“
I believe this is the first recording of it but many singers have recorded it by now. I just wanted to let people know about this amazing song and where it came from.As far as I’m concerned all Guy Clark albums are good and some are great.

Seine Version von „To Live’s To Fly“ finde ich auch klasse. Kennst Du die Fassung von der Townes-Tribute-CD? Die auf „Old Friends“ ist ja eine andere, mit Backgroundgesang von Emmylou Harris!

--