Antwort auf: 01.06.2017: My Life 63 | Live & Kicking | Dos and Don'ts

Startseite Foren Das Radio-Forum StoneFM 01.06.2017: My Life 63 | Live & Kicking | Dos and Don'ts Antwort auf: 01.06.2017: My Life 63 | Live & Kicking | Dos and Don'ts

#10193789  | PERMALINK

marbeck
Keine Lust, mir etwas auszudenken

The song was written by Mitch Murray,[2] who offered it to Adam Faith and Brian Poole but was turned down.[4] George Martin of EMI decided to pick it up for the new group he was producing, the Beatles, as the A-side of their first record.[4] The Beatles recorded the song but opposed releasing it, feeling that it did not fit their sound, but worked out changes from Murray’s demo-disc version. These included a new introduction, vocal harmony, an instrumental interlude, small lyric changes and removal of the half-step modulation for the last verse.[4] They recorded the song in September, 1962; although Murray disliked their changes, the decision not to release the Beatles‘ version was primarily a business one.[5] Love Me Do was their first single instead. The recording was officially released in November 1995 on the Beatles retrospective Anthology 1 album.

--

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." - George Best --- Dienstags und donnerstags, ab 20 Uhr, samstags ab 20.30 Uhr: Radio StoneFM