Paul Weller

Ansicht von 15 Beiträgen - 15,541 bis 15,555 (von insgesamt 15,992)
  • Autor

k-o-r-r

Für mich besser als der Album-Track. Es ist möglich, aus Paul Weller Tracks etwas herauszuholen und manche können es halt…

--

Highlights von Rolling-Stone.de
    Werbung
    #11593797  | PERMALINK

j-w
    maximum rhythm & blues

marbeckZum Thema Remixes:
    <iframe src=“https://www.youtube.com/embed/HCL0Vidk6Ug?feature=oembed“ allow=“accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture“ allowfullscreen=““ width=“500″ height=“281″ frameborder=“0″></iframe>

Super! Die Album-Version ist leider von der Produktion her der schwächste Track auf Fat Pop, wenn es auch einer meiner Lieblingstracks ist. Das hier klingt viel besser!

--

Staring at a grey sky, try to paint it blue - Teenage Blue
    #11593869  | PERMALINK

cappucino

Hi all!

It’s been quite some time since I participated in the forum here, but I do get the emails and look at some of them from time to time. Some of you may remember me in my quest for information on German Style Council concerts and tickets stubs from their concerts there – and that I am an American in Motown. I am a big Weller fan of all era’s going back decades. The rest I think most of you can put two and two together, and at least two people who I know are here know. I’ll leave it at that. Please, no personal messages or enquiries about anything.

This has been posted elsewhere, so it’s nothing new that someone else hasn’t already said, and I’m just repeating it and saying it myself, in my own way, here. The „problem“ with the Third Man release is that is many, but chief among them is that for years the fans outside of the UK are usually in the very back of the imaginary queue to have the opportunity to obtain the limited edition, limited number items that have been produced over the years. Many buy multiple copies, put one in the collection and put an extra on Ebay … which pays for their copy and they make some profit as well. Many buy multiple copies for themselves to have doubles in their collections, thereby taking one completely out of the possibility of someone else who may want one. Some people buy multiples, and sell them at an inflated price privately, too. This has gone on for years and the only practice that gets called out by everyone is the disgusting profiteering that goes on at Ebay. I feel some other actions are just as awful.

I know of Germany’s history with The Jam, The Style Council and Paul Weller. No, he’s NOT a number one artist there, but he has a VERY loyal fanbase there in pockets all over, and Weller’s love of Germany may be unspoken as far as I can tell, but it’s certainly there in terms of his actions. I’ve thought about this in the past a number of times and the best thing I can come up with is due to the early days of The Beatles and their success there – and Weller’s obvious love for them in turn means that he shows love for Germany. After all, he’s toured there from the very early days of The Jam and toured there about as much as anywhere else except the UK with The Style Council. Japan and Italy are the only other countries TSC toured in about the same number of concerts.

As I started to say above, the British fans are used to being in the front of the imaginary queue for getting limited edition, limited quantity releases and usually end up with at least one copy of such items, if not multiple while other fans in other parts of the world are USED to not being able to obtain such items, and if one *really* wants one, they end up having to pay terribly high prices and put big profits in other’s pockets. I have many friends in the UK, and I love it there and many have been wonderful over the years, and sometimes not. I have nothing against them, or any of the fans there. I know that it is the largest concentration of fans anywhere in the world. I get that. I can’t exactly say that it provides me with „joy“ that the tables have been turned with this release, but so many in the UK are now experiencing what so many people outside of the UK have experienced for YEARS. It really doesn’t seem they like it at all, and some of it has really shocked, surprised and saddened me to see the true nature of some who I thought I really knew.

I *could* and wish I *could* say more, but if it’s one thing I’ve learned in the last week is to keep things to myself even if it means I am trying to do good, the „right“ thing and spread some happiness.

All the best to the German Weller community and friends….and the Spanish one that I know is here, too!
    Apologies for my use of English here. I have a near complete absence of knowledge of the German language and rely on Google Translate, even though it doesn’t translate a red button that says „ABSENDEN“ – which I have NO idea what it means, but kind of think it means to post my message.  :laugh:

--

#11593903  | PERMALINK

parry

Latest Weller remixes on Wellaaaargh!

All „Cosmic Fringes“ and „Fat Pop“ are absolute shit, but „Glad Times“ and „That Pleasure“ are real gems. In FLAC.

--

#11594219  | PERMALINK

k-o-r-r

cappucino…I am a big Weller fan of all era’s going back decades. The rest I think most of you can put two and two together, and at least two people who I know are here know. I’ll leave it at that.

I do not know who you are – should I or anyone else really know you ??? Are you that famous ???

The „problem“ with the Third Man release is that…(people) buy multiples, and sell them at an inflated price privately, too. This has gone on for years and the only practice that gets called out by everyone is the disgusting profiteering that goes on at Ebay.

The real problem with this new limited release was, that the real fans had nearly no possibility to get a copy through the net. I assume that most copies were sold in the London Third Man Shop and you had to be there to get one. Also I think that nowadays the record shops which are able to obtain copies do not sell them for a real price, but put them on EBAY or DISCOGS. On DISCOGS there is the following comment on the record listing site „release a single where 99.9% of your fans have no chance of getting it & watch the greedy b&st&rds cash in, weller you should treat your fans better than this.“. It could not be said better. I will check in the near future, if the price is dropping. But if not, I will not buy a copy. There are many gaps in my P.W. collection, I am able to accept that this is another one.

zuletzt geändert von k-o-r-r

--

#11594519  | PERMALINK

k-o-r-r

parryLatest Weller remixes on Wellaaaargh! All „Cosmic Fringes“ and „Fat Pop“ are absolute shit, but „Glad Times“ and „That Pleasure“ are real gems. In FLAC.

Thanks – you are right, „Glad Times“ and „That Pleasure“ are very very good remixes.

zuletzt geändert von k-o-r-r

--

#11594649  | PERMALINK

cappucino

k-o-r-r

cappucino…I am a big Weller fan of all era’s going back decades. The rest I think most of you can put two and two together, and at least two people who I know are here know. I’ll leave it at that.

I do not know who you are – should I or anyone else really know you ??? Are you that famous ???

I am nobody.

The „problem“ with the Third Man release is that…(people) buy multiples, and sell them at an inflated price privately, too. This has gone on for years and the only practice that gets called out by everyone is the disgusting profiteering that goes on at Ebay.

The real problem with this new limited release was, that the real fans had nearly no possibility to get a copy through the net. I assume that most copies were sold in the London Third Man Shop and you had to be there to get one. Also I think that nowadays the record shops which are able to obtain copies do not sell them for a real price, but put them on EBAY or DISCOGS. On DISCOGS there is the following comment on the record listing site „release a single where 99.9% of your fans have no chance of getting it & watch the greedy b&st&rds cash in, weller you should treat your fans better than this.“. It could not be said better. I will check in the near future, if the price is dropping. But if not, I will not buy a copy. There are many gaps in my P.W. collection, I am able to accept that this is another one.

I’ve been reaching out to many at Third Man for nearly two months and I can tell you they’ve been rather wonderful. Most copies were NOT sold in London, other than the yellow copies. The number of that particular pressing is unknown and unknown by nearly everyone at Third Man. The only person who is probably aware of the actual number is the press operator, who makes about $15 US per hour. All numbers of those are based on estimates from people who were there on the day of release in London. Whether the staff at the London store counted the numbers they received, is unknown by me. They may have and told people, but I’m not aware if that did actually happen. The estimates are about 300. Quite frankly, that number is obviously very low, but someone else pointed out that there if anyone queued up in London were able to walk out with a yellow and black vinyl version of the single and the impression I get is they were limiting it to one of each per person. That doesn’t stop people from coming in with other people who could care less about Paul Weller or simply getting one to put on Ebay for a quick profit and Third Man would have no way of determining that.

As far as the black vinyl releases I can tell you with certainty that Third Man stocked them in their shops in Detroit with 100% certainty. Obviously we all know the shop in London did as well. Their other shop, in Nashville, I’d bet did as well. Matter of fact, I’d put what little money I have that they probably have stock still sitting in the bins. I also know that the Third Man website sold them, although I know they sold out of them and I don’t know how quickly. Other shops around the world I’m uncertain of the quantities and numbers they received, if at all. I do think it could have been handled better to give real fans a chance all over the world an opportunity to obtain a copy online, but this isn’t the first time we’ve all been through this. As you say, you have gaps in your collection and I can assure you that I do as well. It was impossible for me to get the In Another Room release and I think that was just as bad as the Third Man release. People bought multiple copies thereby denying others the opportunity to get one. Loads ended up on Ebay at out of reach prices for many real fans and it still continues.

What I can tell you is that not everyone was out to think of only themselves, make a quick profit or hoard them and no one should be angry at Third Man Records.

It’s all so funny, too, because some of the press releases about it make it sound like a big love fest between Weller and Jack White. There’s been NO indication to me of that in the past, and as a matter of fact I remember Paul saying in an interview about The White Stripes that „he likes melody in his music“ … meaning that he wasn’t too keen on them because they lacked melody. I’ve also never had any indication that Jack ever knew or had any kind of opinion of Weller, either. While I’m not a big fan and know all their material, I’m also in a position to have heard plenty about and know a bit of more local information about Jack and Meg than many others. In my eyes, it had a lot more to do with a marriage of convivence so to speak and that the price was right for Paul.  I’ve got NO proof for that, but I think that’s all it is about. Nothing more. Nothing less. Whether that’s him being money hungry or making certain his kids are fed is really his determination.

Those are my thoughts – and not yours.  B-)

--

#11594651  | PERMALINK

cappucino

Oh, one more bit of info. I’ve not gotten any indication of how many of the black vinyl versions were pressed, either. The numbers I’ve read online are between 1,200 – 1,400. Where that number originates from in terms of sourcing and how accurate it is, again, I’ve got no idea.

Also – ALL copies were pressed at Third Man’s only record manufacturing facility, which is in Detroit, Michigan, USA and about 5 minutes away from Motown itself.

--

#11604439  | PERMALINK

j-w
    maximum rhythm & blues

Heute kam das „Days Of Speed“-2LP-Reissue. Toll. Noch jemand hier so happy darüber?

--

Staring at a grey sky, try to paint it blue - Teenage Blue
    #11604555  | PERMALINK

marbeck
    Keine Lust, mir etwas auszudenken

@j-w: wo hast du bestellt?

Seinerzeit gab es auf Splinters ein „begleitendes“ Projekt. Unter dem Titel „Slow Time Mondays“ wurde versucht, Live-Versionen der Lieder zusammenzustellen, die Paul Weller damals auf der Akustik-Tour gespielt hat und die nicht auf DoS sind. Wenn ich mich recht erinnere, fehlten am Ende nur 3. Mit hat STM immer mindestens genau so gut gefallen wie DoS. Wer an STM interessiert ist, schaue mal auf Wellargh.

--

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." - George Best --- Dienstags und donnerstags, ab 20 Uhr, samstags ab 20.30 Uhr: Radio StoneFM
    #11604827  | PERMALINK

jjhum

j-wHeute kam das „Days Of Speed“-2LP-Reissue. Toll. Noch jemand hier so happy darüber?

Ich hoffe, dass morgen ein Päckchen auf der Treppe liegt,wenn ich aus dem Urlaub zurückkomme. Die Originalpressung habe ich damals einem Freund zum Geburtstag geschenkt.Seitdem gibt es bei ihm den running gag “ Könnte ich ja jetzt dein Geburtstagsgeschenk von damals auflegen, ach nee, dann ist sie vielleicht nicht mehr mint und du kennst die ja auch. … ach, du hast sie gar nicht?“

--

#11604893  | PERMALINK

k-o-r-r

„Days Of Speed“, da kommen schöne Erinnerungen hoch. Ich habe damals Paul bei zwei Konzerten sehen können: zuerst am 10.04.2001 im Tollhaus in Karlsruhe und anschliessend am 05.11.2001 in der Tuchfabrik in Trier. Letzteres war ein absolutes Highlight: ich stamme aus der Nähe von Trier und kannte den Veranstalter persönlich. Daher konnte ich den ganzen Nachmittag bei den Proben zusehen und mich sogar mit Paul persönlich unterhalten. Nikki Weller war damals auch dabei. Hier die Set-List von Trier, die ich mitgeschrieben habe:

1. Country
    2. Above The Clouds
    3. The Loved
    4. Brand New Start
    5. Clues
    6. English Rose
    7. Love-Less
    8. Amongst Butterflies
    9. Science
    10. Back In The Fire
    11. Foot On The Mountain
    12. You Do Something To Me
    13. That´s Entertainment
    14. Wild Wood
    15. Headstart For Happiness
    16. Everything Has A Price To Pay
    17. There’s No Drinking After You’re Dead
    18. Town Called Malice

--

#11604897  | PERMALINK

k-o-r-r

Hat eigentlich jemand die Bootleg CD´s von Moonchild Records: Berlin 1995 / Berlin 2004 / Berlin 2006 und Nishiazabu Yellow (1992). Sind das gute Aufnahmen ? Sind die noch irgendwo erhältlich oder kann sie jemand posten ?

--

#11604907  | PERMALINK

clau
    Coffee Bar Cat

k-o-r-rHat eigentlich jemand die Bootleg CD´s von Moonchild Records: Berlin 1995 / Berlin 2004 / Berlin 2006 und Nishiazabu Yellow (1992). Sind das gute Aufnahmen ? Sind die noch irgendwo erhältlich oder kann sie jemand posten ?

Da war ich!

--

How does it feel to be one of the beautiful people?
    #11605243  | PERMALINK

marbeck
    Keine Lust, mir etwas auszudenken

k-o-r-r„Days Of Speed“, da kommen schöne Erinnerungen hoch. Ich habe damals Paul bei zwei Konzerten sehen können: zuerst am 10.04.2001 im Tollhaus in Karlsruhe und anschliessend am 05.11.2001 in der Tuchfabrik in Trier. Letzteres war ein absolutes Highlight: ich stamme aus der Nähe von Trier und kannte den Veranstalter persönlich. Daher konnte ich den ganzen Nachmittag bei den Proben zusehen und mich sogar mit Paul persönlich unterhalten. Nikki Weller war damals auch dabei. Hier die Set-List von Trier, die ich mitgeschrieben habe:
    1. Country
    2. Above The Clouds
    3. The Loved
    4. Brand New Start
    5. Clues
    6. English Rose
    7. Love-Less
    8. Amongst Butterflies
    9. Science
    10. Back In The Fire
    11. Foot On The Mountain
    12. You Do Something To Me
    13. That´s Entertainment
    14. Wild Wood
    15. Headstart For Happiness
    16. Everything Has A Price To Pay
    17. There’s No Drinking After You’re Dead
    18. Town Called Malice

In Karlsruhe war ich nicht, habe aber ein Bootleg. Ich war aber in Darmstadt und in Trier, von letzterem Gig habe ich noch meine von Weller signierte Eintritskarte. Ein Bootleg von dem Trier-Konzert gibt es meines Wissens nicht. Ich selbst habe meine Aufnahme vermasselt, es existiert nur der Mitschnitt von „Everything Has A Price To Pay“. :-(

--

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." - George Best --- Dienstags und donnerstags, ab 20 Uhr, samstags ab 20.30 Uhr: Radio StoneFM
Ansicht von 15 Beiträgen - 15,541 bis 15,555 (von insgesamt 15,992)

Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.