JAMES YORKSTON – When The Haar Rolls In

Startseite Foren Die Tonträger: Aktuell und Antiquariat Aktuelle Platten JAMES YORKSTON – When The Haar Rolls In

Ansicht von 15 Beiträgen - 1 bis 15 (von insgesamt 178)
  • Autor

dock

Hello everyone,

Well, the next album’s all done. We’re all extremely happy with it. Hoping for an August release, on Domino Records as usual. I’ll keep things posted. It’s pretty much the same line up as the previous records, but we’ve picked up a few Athletes since the last one and there’s also some guests – Nancy Elizabeth Cunliffe, Marry Gilhooly, Olly Knight, Norma Waterson & Mike Waterson. It goes without saying we’re pretty chuffed having them all on there. I’ll write some more about it at the time, but suffice to say, everyone involved was on top form.

And there were no ghosts.

--

Highlights von Rolling-Stone.de
      Werbung
      #6716835  | PERMALINK

atom

Das sind tolle Nachrichten, dock. Besonders gespannt bin ich natürlich auf die Gäste.

--

Hey man, why don't we make a tune... just playin' the melody, not play the solos...
      #6716837  | PERMALINK

weilstein

Es lebe 2008!

--

#6716839  | PERMALINK

tugboat-captain

Ja, wirklich tolle Neuigkeiten! Ich hoffe, er kommt auch mal wieder für ein paar Konzerte nach Deutschland. Die letze Tour (Ende 2004) war zwar in Sachen Besucherzahlen insgesamt ein Flop, aber vielleicht gibt es hierzulande inzwischen mehr Leute, die seine Musik zu schätzen wissen.

--

detours elsewhere
      #6716841  | PERMALINK

faspotun

Gerade heute habe ich wieder mal Just Beyond The River gehört und mich gefragt, ob da nicht auch mal wieder was Neues kommt. Sehr erfreuliche Nachrichten!

--

#6716843  | PERMALINK

sweetheart
      trouble loves me

Gute Neuigkeiten zum am 1. September erscheinenden Album:

DominoWith the understated power of a gentle giant, James Yorkston returns with his 4th studio album. When the Haar Rolls In is out on the 1st of September and proves once again why he is one of the most essential songwriters of our time.Returning with his trusty Athletes, along with some legendary English folk names – Norma Waterson, Mike Waterson, Marry Gilhooly, Olly Knight, there is much to mine for Yorkston fans of old and new, all the ambition, beauty and pathos of his previous albums is sweeping through with the soothing, lush arrangements of all sorts: the timpani, clarinets, violins, vibraphone, concertinas, bull bass, prepared pianos, mandolins, bouzoukis, banjos and wine glasses.”What is’ Haar?” you may ask. It’s the sea fog that rolls in off the North Sea. Mist. It’s pretty common up in the East Neuk of Fife and plays havoc with drying the washing, apparently. There are more celebrations of human frailty and tales of waking up drunk in unfamiliar surroundings, throwing rocks at magpies, dogs chasing ghosts, stubborn sea winds, regrets and joys and smiles and peace and quiet and love and hate and more love. Better than that though, it’s a beautiful, honest album.

And for the obsessive James Yorkston fans amongst us; there something very special indeed, we have 1000 limited When the Haar Rolls In Deluxe Box Sets including:

– CD edition of When the Haar Rolls In and double 10″ vinyl Long Player of When the Haar Rolls In which will include an extra track
      – CD of James Yorkston songs covered by Archie Bronson Outfit, King Creosote, U.N.P.O.C and others
      – CD of James Yorkston remixes including the rare Four Tet remix of ‘The Lang Toun’
      – Exclusive James Yorkston Pin Badge
      – Exclusive James Yorkston Canvas Bag

The When the Haar Rolls In Deluxe Box Sets will be available to pre-order from Domino Mart later this week and When the Haar Rolls In will be out on CD, double 10″ vinyl and digital download on the 1st of September.

--

My favourite 45s and LPs of all time.
      #6716845  | PERMALINK

sweetheart
      trouble loves me

DominoNot only this; one of the 1000 box sets will have a Golden Ticket which will grant one very lucky fan their very own James Yorkston composition written just for them and, if within reasonable distance, James has agreed to perform the song live at their home.

Daran werde ich gewiß teilnehmen.

--

#6716847  | PERMALINK

dock

When The Haar Rolls In

Hello,

The new album, When The Haar Rolls In, is due for release on Domino Records 1st Spetember 2008.

Featuring myself and a slightly enlarged version of The Athletes; plus a joint guest appearance from Norma Waterson, Mike Waterson, Marry Gilhooly & Olly Knight. Pleased to say, we’re extremely happy with it all. It sounds BIG.
      There’ll also be an album of people tackling covers of my songs, coming out in a Haar box set, alongside a remix CD. Very exciting. All sorts of names involved, mostly friends of mine, including various Fence Collective members (KC / PT / HMS G / RP / UNPOC) and other folk I’ve met on the road. A few of the versions are better than the originals, which is a bit disconcerting. Old songs & new. This will be available in advance from jamesyorkston.co.uk, Fence & Domino.
      I’ll keep things up to date as they come in. In the meantime, see below for London & Edinburgh shows.

All the best,

JY

--

#6716851  | PERMALINK

sweetheart
      trouble loves me

Artwork:

Tracklist:

1. B’s Jig
      2. Tortoise Regrets Hare
      3. Temptation
      4. When The Haar Rolls In
      5. Queen Of Spain
      6. Midnight Feast
      7. Would You Have Me Born With Wooden Eyes?
      8. Summer’s Not The Same Without You
      9. The Capture Of The Horse

--

#6716853  | PERMALINK

themagneticfield

schick, freu mich drauf

--

"Man kann nicht verhindern, dass man verletzt wird, aber man kann mitbestimmen von wem. Was berührt, das bleibt!
      #6716855  | PERMALINK

mr-soul

Ich mich auch, sehr sogar.

--

"i tell all my friends that i'm bound for heaven, and if it ain't so you can't blame me for living" Thank You, Jason!
      #6716857  | PERMALINK

dock

Das „When The Haar Rolls In“ Box-Set kann ab sofort vorbestellt werden Domino

--

#6716859  | PERMALINK

bauer-ewald

Bin ebenfalls sehr gespannt. Sehr schönes Artwork, mal wieder. Und eine gute Gelegenheit herauszufinden was „The Haar“ bedeutet.

--

#6716861  | PERMALINK

dock

Ist schon jemand im Besitz der Box/des Albums?

--

#6716863  | PERMALINK

tugboat-captain

dockIst schon jemand im Besitz der Box/des Albums?

Ja, ich (normale 10-Inch-Ausgabe)! Ich bin noch ganz geplättet von den ersten Eindrücken. So großartig! Mehr folgt mit der Zeit.

--

detours elsewhere
    Ansicht von 15 Beiträgen - 1 bis 15 (von insgesamt 178)

Schlagwörter: 

Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.