HTRK – Marry Me Tonight – Ghostly International – LP – 2015

Startseite Foren Die Tonträger: Aktuell und Antiquariat Replays: Neuauflagen, Deluxe- und erweiterte Editionen HTRK – Marry Me Tonight – Ghostly International – LP – 2015

Ansicht von 1 Beitrag (von insgesamt 1)
  • Autor

foe

GI-230_1500x300_540_540.jpg

HTRK – Marry Me Tonight – Ghostly International – LP – 2015

Tracklist:
    1. „HA“
    2. „Rentboy“
    3. „Your Mistress Turns to Dust“
    4. „Kiss Before the Fall“
    5. „Waltz Real Slow“
    6. „Panties“
    7. „Shoot You Up“
    8. „Fascinator“
    9. „Disco“

Ich möchte gerne mal wieder ein Album vorstellen, das ein wenig Aufmerksamkeit verdient hat und hier einigen gut gefallen könnte. Ursprünglich 2009 erschienen, wurde Marry Me Tonight von HTRK jetzt erstmals auf Vinyl veröffentlicht. Henry Rollins hat mich in seiner KCRW-Show auf dieses aussergewöhnliche Album aufmerksam gemacht und mir die LP durch den Hinweis auf die Mitarbeit von Rowland S. Howard als Produzent und Musiker quasi schon auf den Plattenteller gelegt.

„Marry Me Tonight“ entwickelt mit Drum-Machine, Bass und Gitarre eine reduzierte, faszinierende, unterkühlte und leicht abgehangene Sogwirkung. Rowland S. Howard ist nicht nur wegen seiner Mitarbeit ein guter Bezugspunkt und natürlich muss man Rock nicht hassen.

Vielleicht einfach mal reinhören: Bandcamp

Ghostly International wrote:
    Like all three HTRK albums, 2009’s Marry Me Tonight is singular in sound and circumstance. It’s the only album the outfit recorded from start to finish as a trio, and it’s the only HTRK record that bears the co-production stamp of Rowland S. Howard. Breathy, caustic and rife with contradiction, Marry Me Tonight took the raw material recorded on 2005’s Nostalgia and transformed it into a pop record—pop that buckled and warped beneath the glare of Howard, fellow producer Lindsay Gravina and the HTRK trio: Jonnine Standish, Nigel Yang and Sean Stewart. Howard died at the end of 2009; Stewart died the year after. Things would never be the same.

Marry Me Tonight, which originally came out on Blast First Petite digitally and on CD, will receive its first full vinyl pressing in 2015 through Ghostly International and Mistletone Records. The album will land on April 28th accompanied by a 20-page booklet of photos and liner notes written by people who were around at the time of its recording and touring—Conrad Standish, producer Lindsay Gravina, Yeah Yeah Yeahs’ Nick Zinner, Angus Andrew of Liars, Danielle De Picciotto, Genevieve McGuckin—and others for whom the record holds a special significance, like Jim Haynes and Regis (real name Karl O’Connor). There will be two versions, one pressed on translucent magenta vinyl and another in standard black.

„HTRK possess an originality and mystery worthy of obsession and scrutiny,“ writes Zinner in his liner notes, „for their beautiful and damaged sound is truly, and thankfully, their own.“

Edit: Das Thema gehört wohl eher in das Vinyl-Forum, Unterforum: Reissues. Vielleicht könnte das ein Moderator noch verschieben. Thanks.

--

Highlights von Rolling-Stone.de
      Werbung
    Ansicht von 1 Beitrag (von insgesamt 1)

Schlagwörter: , , ,

Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.