Father John Misty – I Love You, Honeybear

Startseite Foren Die Tonträger: Aktuell und Antiquariat Aktuelle Platten Father John Misty – I Love You, Honeybear

Ansicht von 15 Beiträgen - 1 bis 15 (von insgesamt 28)
  • Autor

chocolate-milk

VÖ-Termin: 06.02.2015

fathffffer-john-misty-honey-bear.jpg

„I Love You, Honeybear is a concept album about a guy named Josh Tillman who spends quite a bit of time banging his head against walls, cultivating weak ties with strangers and generally avoiding intimacy at all costs,“ said Tillman in the album’s press release. „This all serves to fuel a version of himself that his self-loathing narcissism can deal with. We see him engaging in all manner of regrettable behavior.“ (paste magazine)

1. I Love You, Honeybear
    2. Chateau Lobby #4 (in C for Two Virgins)
    3. True Affection
    4. The Night Josh Tillman Came To Our Apartment
    5. When You’re Smiling And Astride Me
    6. Nothing Good Ever Happens At The Goddamn Thirsty Crow
    7. Strange Encounter
    8. The Ideal Husband
    9. Bored In The USA
    10. Holy Shit
    11. I Went To The Store One Day

„Bored in the USA“ live at David Letterman

Homepage: klick

--

Highlights von Rolling-Stone.de
    Werbung
    #9468357  | PERMALINK

onkel-tom

Hört sich sehr gut an. Da bleibe ich mal dran.

--

Gewinnen ist nicht alles, gewinnen ist das einzige.
    #9468359  | PERMALINK

rockingroll

Bored In The USA ist eine sehr tolle Nummer.

--

#9468361  | PERMALINK

the-imposter
    na gut

ja, ziemlich gut, erinnert aber auch stark an Elton John zu Madman Across The Water Zeiten

--

out of the blue
    #9468363  | PERMALINK

onkel-tom

Das wäre dann ein weiterer Pluspunkt.

--

Gewinnen ist nicht alles, gewinnen ist das einzige.
    #9468365  | PERMALINK

chocolate-milk

Mich erinnert er etwas an John Grant (insbesondere die Texte, die hier allerdings noch sarkastischer und zynischer sind).

Finde beide Vorabtracks vielversprechend.

--

#9468367  | PERMALINK

shanks

chocolate milk
    Chateau Lobby #4 (in C for Two Virgins)

„People are boring / But you’re something else completely / Damn, let’s take our chances“

:liebe:

Allerliebst (vor allem das Mariachi-Gedöns), wie auch „Bored in the USA“. Klingt nach einer Steigerung zum Debut. Da freue ich mich sehr drauf.

--

Es ist Breitling, scheiß auf deine Aldi-Uhr / Auf meinem nächstem Cover halt ich das Excalibur
    #9468369  | PERMALINK

piiijiii

ShanksKlingt nach einer Steigerung zum Debut.

Darauf hoffe ich.
    Mir gefallen die Vorabtracks auch, daher habe ich mir das Debut zur Verkürzung der Wartezeit zugelegt und bin ziemlich ernüchtert.
    Die erste Seite werde ich noch ein paar mal hören, aber Seite 2 ist so aufregend wie der Tatort vom letzten Sonntag. Völlig belangloses Folk-Geschrummel.

--

#9468371  | PERMALINK

fuse

Jetzt gibt es auch einen Stream des ganzen Albums. Allerdings nur mit der auf der verlinkten Webseite beschriebenen SAP-Methode. Für mich gewöhnungsbedürftig bis unbrauchbar.

--

#9468373  | PERMALINK

chocolate-milk

fuseFür mich gewöhnungsbedürftig bis unbrauchbar.

Was macht es für dich gewöhnungsbedürftig bis unbrauchbar?

--

#9468375  | PERMALINK

fuse

Hast du dir den Stream angehört? Ich halte das für derart verfremdet, dass ich mir absolut keinen Eindruck von den Songs machen kann. Eigentlich wird es ja auch in der Notiz auf der verlinkten Seite beschrieben:

…SAP, a new signal-to-audio process by which popular albums are „sapped“ of their performances, original vocal, atmosphere and other distracting affectations so the consumer can decide quickly and efficiently whether they like a musical composition, based strictly on its formal attributes, enough to spend money on it…

Für mich kein grosses Problem, da ich Streams nur gelegentlich nutze und i.d.R. keinen Einfluss darauf haben, ob ich mir ein Album zulege oder nicht.

--

#9468377  | PERMALINK

chocolate-milk

fuseHast du dir den Stream angehört? Ich halte das für derart verfremdet, dass ich mir absolut keinen Eindruck von den Songs machen kann. Eigentlich wird es ja auch in der Notiz auf der verlinkten Seite beschrieben:

Für mich kein grosses Problem, da ich Streams nur gelegentlich nutze und i.d.R. keinen Einfluss darauf haben, ob ich mir ein Album zulege oder nicht.

Hab den Stream nicht gehört. Zum besseren Verständnis, findest du die beiden Vorab-Tracks ebenfalls verfremdet („Chateau Lobby #4“ und „Bored In The USA“) oder bilden die beiden die große Ausnahme?

--

#9468379  | PERMALINK

fuse

Wenn du dir den Stream anhörst, wirst du wissen, was ich meine. Das ist eben kein „normaler“ Stream, wie beschrieben. Alle anderen Vorab-VÖ (wie die von dir verlinkten) geben natürlich die normalen Songs wieder, machen Lust auf mehr und lassen ein tolles Album erahnen. Ich höre mir eigentlich selten Streams an, aber hier habe ich einfach mal raufgeklickt. Bis ich dann mitbekam, dass es sich um bearbeitete Audio-files handelt und ich entsetzt abgeschaltet habe.

--

#9468381  | PERMALINK

Anonym
    Inaktiv

Wer damit liebäugelt „I Love You HB“ als Deluxe Vinyl Variante zu kaufen sollte aufpassen:

Thank you for buying the fancy, colored-vinyl, deluxe version of Father John Misty’s new album, I Love You, Honeybear! Also, we are sorry that many of these fancy, colored-vinyl, deluxe versions of Father John Misty’s new album, I Love You, Honeybear are, it appears, warped! In our efforts to replicate the “wow factor” of such legendary album packages as the Rolling Stones’ Sticky Fingers zipper cover by Andy Warhol, we wound up accidentally replicating the “defect factor” of the same. In short, the extra, bulging thickness of the pop-up art in the Father John Misty jacket creates a lump that, when the LPs are sealed and packed, pushes into the LPs, causing the vinyl to warp and making that handsome, painstakingly and expensively produced jacket an elaborate record-destroying device. This oversight, and any attendant suffering, is our fault, and we are very sorry. We promise to be less ambitious in the future.

We are currently making 100% non-warped, colored-vinyl LPs to replace these damaged LPs. We hope to have a delivery date for those soon, and we will update this page as soon as we have that information.

Please contact your place of purchase for instructions on how to obtain replacement LPs. If you got it from Sub Pop’s online store please email websales@subpop.com with your name and address, and we will ship you replacement LPs as soon as they arrive, which will likely be around March 3rd. And, if you bought this album from Father John Misty’s website, please contact them for replacement LPs here: http://help.merchline.com/customer/portal/emails/new. Please keep the jacket – we will be replacing only the vinyl itself. To reiterate, if your copy of I Love You, Honeybear is warped and you got your album anywhere other than Sub Pop’s website, or Father John Misty’s website, please contact your place of purchase

In the meantime, please accept our apologies, and we hope you can enjoy the unmolested music of Father John Misty via the download code provided with your LP, and maybe also at one of his exciting, upcoming live shows.

Other things worth mentioning here and related to Father John Misty’s new and very good I Love You, Honeybear album…

In response to several emails on the subject, here’s info on something we did with this album on LP (both the deluxe and regular editions) that was NOT an accident: due to its length and the wide audio spectrum of the recording, we at Sub Pop, together with Father John Misty, decided that the album sounded much better cut at 45 RPM over 2 pieces of vinyl. Though we all prefer the listening experience of a single piece of vinyl, we decided in this case to prioritize audio quality (an admittedly very subjective determination). You’re welcome!

Nachtrag: Es gibt aber auch eine EU Deluxe Variante auf Bella Union die wohl ok sein soll.

--

#9468383  | PERMALINK

misch
    Here, There and Everywhere

Schönes Album, bisher das beste in 2015 und ‚Holy Shit‘ ist schon jetzt ein ernster Anwärter auf den Song des Jahres. Mich wundert, dass der Thread zum Album nicht deutlich höher frequentiert ist…tja, doch nicht so RS-Forum-Konsens wie ich dachte.

--

In an ocean of noise, I first heard your voice. Now who here among us still believes in choice? - Not I!
Ansicht von 15 Beiträgen - 1 bis 15 (von insgesamt 28)

Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.