HipHop & Rap

Ansicht von 15 Beiträgen - 2,281 bis 2,295 (von insgesamt 2,955)
  • Autor

mikko
    Moderator / Juontaja

Tolle Besprechung, Cleetus!

Ich kenne fast nichts, aber ich hab’s sehr gern gelesen.

--

Twang-Bang-Wah-Wah-Zoing! - Die nächste Guitars Galore Rundfunk Übertragung ist am Donnerstag, 19. September 2019 von 20-21 Uhr auf der Berliner UKW Frequenz 91,0 Mhz, im Berliner Kabel 92,6 Mhz oder als Livestream über www.alex-berlin.de mit neuen Schallplatten und Konzert Tipps! - Die nächste Guitars Galore Sendung auf radio stone.fm ist am Dienstag, 17. September 2019 von 20 - 21 Uhr mit US Garage & Psychedelic Sounds der Sixties!
    Highlights von Rolling-Stone.de
    Werbung
    #526851  | PERMALINK

cleetus

Dank euch!

--

Don't be fooled by the rocks that I got - I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block
    #526853  | PERMALINK

atom

Freut mich sehr, Cleetus. Ich hatte bisher immer Pech, da der Gig entweder kurzfristig abgesagt wurde oder nur noch Cappadonna übrig geblieben ist.

--

Hey man, why don't we make a tune... just playin' the melody, not play the solos...
    #526855  | PERMALINK

august-ramone
    Ich habe fertig!

lathoVor allem großartige Besprechung, Cleet, thanks!

Oh a, da machtdas Aufstehen heute richtig Spaß! Thx für den tollen Bericht!

--

http://www.radiostonefm.de/ Wenn es um Menschenleben geht, ist es zweitrangig, dass der Dax einbricht und das Bruttoinlandsprodukt schrumpft.
    #526857  | PERMALINK

atom

Am 10. Juli erscheint:

Adrian Younge Presents…Ghostface Killah – Twelve Reasons To Die II

ADRIAN YOUNGE ANNOUNCES THE RELEASE OF THE HIGHLY-ANTICIPATED “TWELVE REASONS TO DIE II” ALBUM, STARRING GHOSTFACE KILLAH Featuring RAEKWON, RZA, BILAL, VINCE STAPLES and more!

Fans who have been waiting for the past two years can finally rejoice: Adrian Younge’s and Ghostface Killah’s Twelve Reasons To Die II is coming soon.

To up the ante this time around, Ghostface has added a very important lyrical companion to the mix: Raekwon. The chemistry that was cemented two decades ago on Rae’s classic Only Built 4 Cuban Linx is as strong as ever, clearly heard on five out of the album’s 13 songs. And on the topic of chemistry, executive producer and Wu-Tang patriarch The RZA returns to Part II as the story’s narrator.

Where the first installment of Twelve Reasons To Die was based in 1960s Italy – detailing the machinations of the feared DeLuca crime family – Part II inhabits the grimy streets of mid-1970s New York City. Descendants of the DeLucas are running the city, but a powerful, younger crime syndicate is percolating, commanded by black gangster Lester Kane (personified by Raekwon).

As Kane’s power grows, he takes on the DeLucas and a bloodbath ensues. Kane has always known the legend of Tony Starks, who was killed by the DeLucas in Italy and whose remains were partially used to create twelve vinyl records. When played back in the “old world,” the Ghostface Killer rose and destroyed the Italian faction. This plays into the story’s conclusion at the end of Part II.

The storyline for Part II is vividly brought to life with the help of Younge’s never-endingly evocative and unique brand of cinematic, psychedelic soul. The music – on which Younge himself plays upwards of 10 instruments on certain songs – was recorded strictly on analog tape, to bring out the true grit of the ‘70s era that provides the Twelve Reasons backdrop.

Twelve Reasons To Die II is another heavy feather in the caps of all involved, especially Younge and Ghost, who again poured their skills and intellect into this dramatic and engaging tale. It all fits perfectly into the Wu-Tang family tree as well as Younge’s always-expanding musical universe, which now proudly relies on Linear Labs to house it.

--

Hey man, why don't we make a tune... just playin' the melody, not play the solos...
    #526859  | PERMALINK

travis-bickle

Sehr cool, cleet!

--

When shit hit the fan, is you still a fan?
    #526861  | PERMALINK

spiderland77

#526863  | PERMALINK

irrlicht
    Nihil

Yep, klasse Text, da wäre ich gerne dabeigewesen, Cleetus.

--

Hold on Magnolia to that great highway moon
    #526865  | PERMALINK

monoton

CleetusSo, gestern also ein weiteres Häkchen auf meiner Bucket-List gemacht: Wu-Tang live im Zenith,…

Wirklich kenntnisreich und äußerst unterhaltsam geschrieben, Cleetus! Big thumbs uuUUuup!!

--

#526867  | PERMALINK

cleetus

Danke nochmal, freut mich. Ein Punkt noch, der mich im Nachhinein etwas ärgert bzw den ich nicht begreife: Merchandise. Wenn man sich vor fünfzehn Jahren drei miese T-Shirts (und die meisten Rap-Shirts waren mies, weil American Apparel benutzt wurde, Metaller druckten fast ausschließlich auf Gildan Heavy Cotton, die liegen jetzt immer noch wie kugelsichere Westen im Schrank) hinter einen Biertisch hängt und für 25 DM verkauft, war das irgendwie ok, weil sich die wenigsten vom Taschengeld oder Zeitungaustragen oder Ferienjobs überhaupt was anderes leisten konnte als die Eintrittskarte und fünf Augustiner vor der Halle. Durch die Transformation von gewaltbereiten Jugendlichen zu gehaltbereiten Erwachsenen, wäre da für den Clan locker nochmal 50k extra drin gewesen, wenn man sich darüber im Vorfeld Gedanken gemacht hätte. Stattdessen gabs drei T-Shirts für 25€, AApparel, auf einem stand C.R.E.A.M., auf einem got weed? und auf dem dritten war ein Foto von ODB mit getaggtem Got your money drunter.

Hier ein Interview mit DJ Whoo Kid über die Abenteuer der G-Unit in Ghaddafi’s Gnaden:

Miaminewtimes.comSaadi was an odd one. „He was very, like, it’s hard to describe,“ Whoo Kid says. „I don’t know if he was starstruck, but he was very respectful.“ Saadi enjoyed G-Unit’s particular brand of unapologetic gangsta rap. And from the way Whoo Kid describes him, it almost feels like Saadi wished he were a member himself.

Whoo Kid recalls meeting Saadi one time in Italy before a show with 50 Cent. Saadi nervously leaned in toward 50 and told him he really liked his outfit — so much so that he wanted to wire him more than $300,000 for it.

„Yo, man I never saw 50 Cent butt-ass naked so fast [laughs]. I think he paid like $350,000 for that outfit, and he wore it the next time we saw him.“

--

Don't be fooled by the rocks that I got - I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block
    #526869  | PERMALINK

atom

Mello Music Group kündigt ein weiteres Highlight an, auf das ich mich sehr freue:

L’ORANGE & KOOL KEITH – Time? Astonishing!

1. Time? Astonishing!
    2. The Traveler (feat. J-Live)
    3. The Green Ray
    4. Twenty Fifty Three (feat. Mr. Lif)
    5. Meanwhile, Back Home (feat. Open Mike Eagle)
    6. The Wanderer
    7. This New World (feat. Blu, Montage One & DJ Trackstar)
    8. Dr. Bipolar
    9. Suspended Animation (feat. MC Paul Barman)
    10. I Need Out Of This World (feat. MindsOne)
    11. To Space!
    12. Days I Used To Know
    13. Bonus: Sometimes I Feel

VÖ: 24.07.2015

If there’s a secret to time travel, Kool Keith owns the patent. Even a flying DeLorean seems too conventional for the Bronx legend. He’d more logically orbit throughout the galaxy in a gleaming chrome spaceship, teaching the stars and aliens new forms of originality. He is too weird to live, too rare to die, too uniquely ultra-magnetic to be accurately mimicked.

Released on Mello Music Group, Time? Astonishing! is the latest dimensional warp from hip-hop’s premiere astral traveler. His union with MMG producer L’ Orange finds him exploring uncharted terrain: choppy volcanic rock planets, ice glacier moons, new surgical procedures, and fresh rappers to toss into the ether. The scalpel remains eternally sharp.

The themes aren’t dissimilar from his past opuses as Dr. Octagon and Black Elvis. But L’ Orange’s production appropriately coaxes the most appealingly baffling gonzo vision from Keith since his days collaborating with Dan “The Automator” Nakamura. This isn’t the noir-rap of L’Orange’s previous work, but something atmospheric, ethereal, and absurd.

Yet there’s a sense of tradition within the playfulness. The beats glow with radioactive grit. Hard enough to knock from your car speakers, cinematic and plutonium-propelled enough to transport you to strange terra firma. Buck Rodgers movie serials meet boom-bap. And along for the odyssey are a cast of the best underground MC’s of the last decade: Blu, Open Mike Eagle, Mr. Lif, J-Live, and more.

But the star is Keith Thornton, offering more ammunition for his spot as the most creative rapper of all-time, offering more amazing adventures in the future. While other veterans often look back, Keith always knew that space ships don’t come equipped with rear view mirrors.

Every thought is a different action. He’s easing into new zones, encountering polygonic time travelers, surrounded by enemies, blasting them with radioactive wave forms. L’Orange is the gunner on the flank, lacing the legend with synthesizers set to stun, great wheeling humid organs, and sad exotic jazz riffs. These are space symphonies and occult odysseys, fuel for wanderers, wonderers, and all the a-likes.

Welcome to the new world, even more sinister and suspenseful than the last one. We live in astonishing times: abstract, absurd, and indelibly Kool.

--

#526871  | PERMALINK

spiderland77

Tolle Besprechung des Wu-Tang Konzertes! Danke!

--

#526873  | PERMALINK

atom

„Time? Astonishing!“ ist glücklicherweise besser und näher an Octagon als sämtliche Fortsetzungen, die es seit 2006 gab. Ein paar spins brauche ich allerdings noch. „Twelve Reasons To Die II“ steht leider im Schatten des tollen Vorgängers.

Hat schon jemand „Every Hero Needs A Villain“ von Czarface gehört?

--

#526875  | PERMALINK

napoleon-dynamite

atom“Time? Astonishing!“ ist glücklicherweise besser und näher an Octagon als sämtliche Fortsetzungen, die es seit 2006 gab. Ein paar spins brauche ich allerdings noch. „Twelve Reasons To Die II“ steht leider im Schatten des tollen Vorgängers.

Sehe ich beides wie du. „Reasons II“ unterbricht leider den guten Lauf, den Ghostface seit „Apollo Kids“ hatte.

--

I'm making jokes for single digits now.
    #526877  | PERMALINK

cleetus

atom
    Hat schon jemand „Every Hero Needs A Villain“ von Czarface gehört?

Ja. So tollen no nonsense, frühe 2000er, Flow-Rap hab ich seit Choclair oder The Last Emperor nicht mehr gehört. Zwei Durchgänge bisher, sehr positiver Eindruck (macht aber eher einen Oldschool-Eindruck, Freunde der neuen progressiven Schule dürften weniger Spaß haben).

Nachtrag 21. August: PhÄÄ-Hätt! Definitiv mein bisheriges Lieblingsalbum des Jahres, „A better tomorrow“ hätte so schön werden können.

These rappers set the bar low like Peter Dinklage at the gym

--

Ansicht von 15 Beiträgen - 2,281 bis 2,295 (von insgesamt 2,955)

Schlagwörter: ,

Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.