Allo Darlin‘ / Elizabeth Morris

Startseite Foren Über Bands, Solokünstler und Genres Von Abba bis ZZ Top Allo Darlin‘ / Elizabeth Morris

Ansicht von 15 Beiträgen - 1 bis 15 (von insgesamt 38)
  • Autor

latho
    No pretty face

Ich mache mal einen allgemeinen Thread auf, der sich nicht mit Sternen und Konzerten befasst.

Laut newsletter:
    Die neue Platte wurde aufgenommen, bis sie herauskommt wird es aber noch dauern. Ende Oktober gibt es einige Auftritte im UK.

Elizabeth Morris hat einige Tracks solo aufgenommen, die es leider nicht auf Tonträger geben wird – sehr schade, weil ziemlich traumhaft:

Elizabeth Morris auf Bandcamp

My favourite season has always been the fall

--

If you talk bad about country music, it's like saying bad things about my momma. Them's fightin' words.
    Highlights von Rolling-Stone.de
      Werbung
      #8936985  | PERMALINK

latho
      No pretty face

Oh, hier ist ja viel los…

Eine neue Platte wird Anfang Oktober erscheinen: We Come From The Same Place (auf Fortuna Pop/Slumberland). Einen ersten Track kann man hier hören.
      Wie bei der letzten Platte auch klingt der Track, als würde er mir erst richtig gefallen, wenn ich ihn live gehört habe, phantastische Gitarre von Paul Rains.

Im Oktober ist eine US-Tour geplant („Apologies in advance if we haven’t made it to your town, obviously the world is very big and we are only a very small band“), im November ein paar UK-Gigs, danach wohl ein paar Dates in Europa.

--

If you talk bad about country music, it's like saying bad things about my momma. Them's fightin' words.
      #8936987  | PERMALINK

herr-rossi
      -

lathoOh, hier ist ja viel los…

Gab ja auch nichts neues zu melden in letzter Zeit. „Romance And Adventure“ hält aufs erste Hören leider nicht, was der Titel verspricht.

--

#8936989  | PERMALINK

latho
      No pretty face

Herr RossiGab ja auch nichts neues zu melden in letzter Zeit. „Romance And Adventure“ hält aufs erste Hören leider nicht, was der Titel verspricht.

Nein, in letzter Zeit nichts, das stimmt (auch wenn die Band aktiv war). Mit dem neuen Track ist es ein bisschen wie Europe – da griff bei mir beim ersten Hören auch nichts und es dauerte länger, bis ich mich eingefunden habe. Dazu dann das Konzert in Nürnberg, das absolut grandios war. Hoffen wir mal, dass es wieder so wird.

--

#8936991  | PERMALINK

latho
      No pretty face

Die Bandcamp-Seite für das neue Album – aber noch nichts neues.

--

#8936993  | PERMALINK

latho
      No pretty face

Das Album kommt am 6.Okt, bei Fortuna Pop kann man es bereits bestellen. Hier gibt es einen neuen Song, „Bright Eyes“ – finde ich schon besser.

Außerdem gibt es ein paar Termine im Herbst in Europa:

25 November – Paris, L’espace B
      26 November – Colmar, Supersounds Festival, La Libellule
      27 November – Berne, Cafe Kairo
      28 November – Luzern, Schüür
      29 November – Vienna, Chelsea
      30 November – Augsberg, Lokalhelden
      01 December – Cologne, Die Haengenden Gaerten

In „Augsberg“ werde ich wohl dabei sein.

Edit: Auf der oben verlinkten Seite ist auch eine akustische Version von Romance and Cigarettes, die Elisabeth wohl für den skeptischen Rossi aufgenommen hat.

--

#8936995  | PERMALINK

jan_jan
      Chosen Undead

Augsberg klingt super und auch noch Wochenende, versuch ich auch zu schaffen.

--

Arise now, ye Tarnished/Ye dead, who yet live/ The call of long-lost grace speaks to us all  
      #8936997  | PERMALINK

marbeck
      Keine Lust, mir etwas auszudenken

Album-Stream hier

--

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." - George Best --- Dienstags und donnerstags, ab 20 Uhr, samstags ab 20.30 Uhr: Radio StoneFM
      #8936999  | PERMALINK

latho
      No pretty face

Danke, aber ich werde nicht…, nein, ich werde nicht…

--

#8937001  | PERMALINK

marbeck

Ist aber legal, wenn das das Problem ist.

--

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." - George Best --- Dienstags und donnerstags, ab 20 Uhr, samstags ab 20.30 Uhr: Radio StoneFM
      #8937003  | PERMALINK

marbeck

Neue 4-Track-Solo-EP zum Download:

https://elizabethmorris.bandcamp.com/#

--

#9946853  | PERMALINK

latho
      No pretty face

Damn! Die Gruppe hat sich aufgelöst:

Dear mailing list subscriber,

After eight years of playing, laughing, driving, dancing, singing and generally having the time of our lives, we are calling it a day. We will be playing our last show at the Scala in London, December 11th 2016.

Wait, don’t be sad! Although we are generally a reflective and nostalgic bunch, this is not an overwhelmingly sad decision or twist of fate for us. Most bands have to stop actively recording and playing shows at some point, especially those like us who don’t have this as our day job.

As some of you may know, we now live in two different countries, and these days have enough children to at least field a five-a-side football team. Many years ago we took the decision that our friendship was more important to us than our ”career ”as a band. This meant that we didn’t tour relentlessly and didn’t let the music business get in the way of what brought us together in the first place: the joy of music and the thrill of playing with people you were lucky enough to call your friends.

It is hard to find the words to describe exactly how much fun it has been to be in Allo Darlin’, and what a privilege it has been to make records and play shows from Brisbane to Bern, Boston to Bristol. We feel extremely fortunate that we came along at a time where it was possible for a DIY bunch like us to make records and play shows without an enormous advertising budget or a proven business plan. We were incredibly lucky that the Field of Dreams approach seemed to work, but not without the help of some wonderful people, most of all Sean from Fortuna POP!, and in later years Mike from Slumberland. We had so much wonderful support from others in the indiepop community, like John Jervis from WIAWYA, Tom from Fika, Camilla from Weepop, Indietracks, and New York Popfest to mention but a few of the many.

Lots of people help to get records out and heard and they don’t always get recognition, so we’d like to thank Lucy Hurst and Daniel Gill for working so hard for getting press coverage for us, and Olli Dutton for helping us get on the radio in the UK. Other people we’d like to thank are Craig at Cargo, Jim and Nicole at Ground Control, and Joe at Angular Publishing. We would especially like to thank our soundman Al Harle, who taught us how to be a bit more pro when we were touring and generously gave his time when he could have been paid a lot more money by somebody more successful. We’re sorry we never got to be big Al! We’d also like to thank Simon Trought and Giles Barrett, who were always so helpful and fun to record with, and helped us find our sound.

Of course, none of this would have happened without the support and love from you guys, the audience, who came to our shows and bought our records, gave us your floors to sleep on and helped to set up shows. Your generosity and feedback was always inspiring and appreciated! Please keep on supporting the bands you love, telling them they played a good show and buying their records. You will probably never know how much this means to them.

We hope to see as many of you as possible at the Scala, and thank you so much for giving us the time of our lives.

Elizabeth, Bill, Paul and Mike

--

#9946855  | PERMALINK

jackofh

Wollte ich auch gerade posten. Sehr traurig!

--

#9946869  | PERMALINK

Anonym
      Inaktiv

Ja sehr traurig. „We Come From The Same Place“ hat mir sehr gut gefallen und ich war gespannt wie es künstlerisch weitergeht.

--

#9946887  | PERMALINK

themagneticfield

Aber eine sehr schöne, verständliche und sympathische Erklärung der Band. Trotzdem schade.

--

"Man kann nicht verhindern, dass man verletzt wird, aber man kann mitbestimmen von wem. Was berührt, das bleibt!
    Ansicht von 15 Beiträgen - 1 bis 15 (von insgesamt 38)

Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.