Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings – Give The People What They Want

Startseite Foren Die Tonträger: Aktuell und Antiquariat Aktuelle Platten Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings – Give The People What They Want

Ansicht von 9 Beiträgen - 1 bis 9 (von insgesamt 9)
  • Autor

sparch
    MaggotBrain

0823134103221.jpg

Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings – Give The People What They Want (Daptone, 2013)

Erscheint am 23.08.2013. Auf Soundcloud kann man sich schon mal Retreat anhören.

--

If you stay too long, you'll finally go insane.
    Highlights von Rolling-Stone.de
    Werbung
    #8870165  | PERMALINK

hat-and-beard
    dial 45-41-000

Sehr cool. Wenn das Jahr in Sachen LPs so bescheiden bleibt, ist ein Platz in der Jahres-Top5 ja schon sicher.

--

God told me to do it.
    #8870167  | PERMALINK

jackofh

Aus dem Daptone-Newsletter:

A Message From Sharon Jones

Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings regret to announce that plans to tour and release their upcoming album in 2013 have been postponed. „Give The People What They Want“ will NOT be released on Aug 6, 2013 as previously scheduled.

Sharon Jones has been diagnosed with stage-one bile duct cancer, which has fortunately been discovered early and has not spread. It is expected that the immediate proposed surgical solution will lead to a full recovery, but because of its invasive and complex nature, will necessitate a rather lengthy convalescence.

Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings will be back before you know it, with a new release date and rescheduled tours worldwide. Sharon would like her fans to know that she is anxious to get back on her feet, and that she is „down, but not out!“

„Over the last few weeks I haven’t felt good and I didn’t know what was going on. We sadly had to cancel shows while I went through a series of tests and short hospital stays. We just found out that I have a stage-one tumor on my bile duct. Luckily we caught it really early and fast and the doctors say it’s operable and curable! I will be having surgery very soon and will have to rest and recover. I’ll be staying in touch and keeping my fans and friends updated on my progress. I’m looking forward to getting back on the road to give the people what they want!“ -Sharon Jones

Gute Besserung, Mrs Jones!

--

#8870169  | PERMALINK

hat-and-beard
    dial 45-41-000

Oje! Alles Gute, Sharon!

--

God told me to do it.
    #8870171  | PERMALINK

clau
    Coffee Bar Cat

Ojeh!

--

How does it feel to be one of the beautiful people?
    #8870173  | PERMALINK

sparch
    MaggotBrain

Gute Besserung, Sharon Jones. Die Prognose ist ja zum Glück positiv.

--

#8870175  | PERMALINK

Anonym
    Inaktiv

Langsam, die Prognose ist fraglich. Mit nicht diagnostizierbaren Metastasierungen ist auch in diesem Stadium nach operativer Entfernung immer zu rechnen. Außerdem ist schon die Operation nicht ohne erhebliche Risiken, da der operative Zugang auch endoskopisch generell sehr schwierig ist. Mit einer Sepsis nach Perforation während der Zugangsfreilegung muss gerechnet werden! Das ganze ist äußerst lebensbedrohlich und nach einer Exposition der Metastasierung postoperativ gibt es nur noch Palliativtherapie! Hier heißt es also wirklich Daumen drücken.

--

#8870177  | PERMALINK

sparch
    MaggotBrain

Das Album erscheint laut JPC jetzt wohl am 17.01.2014.

Laut einem Facebook Eintrag hat sie eine Operation im Juni erfolgreich überstanden und macht gerade zur Vorbeugung eine 6 Monate dauernde Chemotherapie.

--

#8870179  | PERMALINK

ragged-glory

Scharfe und heißblütige Platte, wie man es erwarten durfte. Dafür gibt’s * * * *.

--

Ansicht von 9 Beiträgen - 1 bis 9 (von insgesamt 9)

Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.