Scout Niblett – It’s Up To Emma (Mai 2013)

Startseite Foren Die Tonträger: Aktuell und Antiquariat Aktuelle Platten Scout Niblett – It’s Up To Emma (Mai 2013)

Ansicht von 2 Beiträgen - 1 bis 2 (von insgesamt 2)
  • Autor

udw
    so little gets done

Ok, es ist noch eine Weile hin, die Vorfreude ist dennoch groß bei mir.
    Am 21. Mai veröffentlicht Drag City einen neuen Scout Niblett Longplayer, „It’s Up To Emma“.

Nach den Worten des Labels zu urteilen, wird es leider wieder nichts mit einer von mir heiss ersehnten full-on-Bandplatte:

Stripped of partnerships both musical and personal, self-reliance has become more than survival technique for Scout Niblett. Arming herself with the old Rollins‘-ism, „And at the end of the day, all you have left if yourself and your mind,“ and therefore encouraged to see her own strengths and utilize them, Scout ready to drop a storming new record, It’s Up To Emma, her first long-jammer in 3 years. It’s Up To Emma illuminates friction between partners, generates gradual tension, and explodes from a backdrop of darkly bruised-ego blues. Meanwhile, stars slip icily in and out of constellation mode, interpreting the chaos below from a different angle with each passing day…

It’s Up To Emma stares hard at how to face the truth of being stripped of „the other.“ In anger or forgiveness? To resist or to accept? One way or another, the truth remains unchanged, but damn if we know the shortest path to find it. And damn if we know how to stay there. It’s Up To Emma shows some of the distance there, and back again – that much we do know. Just like we know that after you check your own birth charts, and study the sky for shifting planets and new alignments, you’ll find solace and strength in the new record from Scout Niblett – sure, It’s Up To Emma, but it also forces you to see your own damn power when it hits, May 21st!

Tracklist

Gun 4:57

Can’t Fool Me Now 6:19

My Man 4:43

Second Chance Dreams 4:45

Woman and Man 4:07

All Night Long 4:11

No Scrubs 3:20

Could This Possibly Be? 5:21

What Can I Do? 6:36

--

so little is fun
    Highlights von Rolling-Stone.de
      Werbung
      #8789775  | PERMALINK

mr-soul

Bin dabei.

--

"i tell all my friends that i'm bound for heaven, and if it ain't so you can't blame me for living" Thank You, Jason!
    Ansicht von 2 Beiträgen - 1 bis 2 (von insgesamt 2)

Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.