WeePOP! Records

Ansicht von 5 Beiträgen - 1 bis 5 (von insgesamt 5)
  • Autor

marbeck
    Keine Lust, mir etwas auszudenken

Für dieses Label gibt es anscheinend noch keinen Thread, also eröffne ich mal. Anlass ist das 5jährige Jubiläum, das mit einer Compilation DoLP (300er Auflage) gefeiert wird, die jetzt vorbestellt werden kann. Die Künstler des Labels covern sich gegenseitig, u.a. auch ein Track von Allo Darlin‘.

Homepage

Vorbestellung

Werbung:

POP!051 – Five: A wee pop covers compilation – PRE-ORDER

Double 12″ Vinyl, Limited run of 300 copies, £15

To celebrate WeePOP!’s fifth anniversary, the bands on the label were invited to cover each other’s songs.
    This is the result – a double record on coloured vinyl with beautiful artwork by Nick Edwards.
    Tracklist

• 1A
    • 1. Bunnygrunt – Gimme WeePOP
    • 2. Maconaquah – Ma Bike (Le Almeida)
    • 3. Colin Clary – I’ve been working out (The Hairs)
    • 4. Transmittens – Tease (Megamoog)
    • 5. Very Truly yours – Christopher Wren (Summer Cats)
    • 6. Just Joans – The wan that got away (The Felt tips)
    • 1B
    • 1. Dexter Poindexter – Hey sunshine (Let’s Whisper)
    • 2. Baffin Island – Uncertain Times (Very Truly yours)
    • 3. The Smittens – Temporary Tattoo (One Happy Island)
    • 4. Owl + Mouse – Sellotape my hands (Little My)
    • 5. Sunny Intervals – Midst of seasons (The 1959 Hat Co)
    • 2A
    • 1. Allo Darlin‘ – If you don’t pull (The Just Joans)
    • 2. The Hairs – Killers from the start (Bugs Eat books)
    • 3. Le Almeida – 1000% not creepy (Bunnygrunt)
    • 4. Roadside Poppies – Sixty Seconds to fall in love (Sunny Intervals)
    • 5. Secret Charisma – First proud then sad (Desmond Reed)
    • 6. June 66 (formerly The 1959 Hat Co) – Summer Sunshine (The Smittens)
    • 2B
    • 1. Let’s Whisper – Living Room Picnic (Moustache of Insanity)
    • 2. Little My – Emily (The Darlings)
    • 3. One happy island – Phone me, phone me (Colin Clary)
    • 4. Desmond Reed – Do animals get lonely late at night (Tinyfolk)
    • 5. Kuma – Balloons in the sky (Transmittens)
    • 6. Moustache of insanity – Banned at the Troxy (Tigercats)

--

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." - George Best --- Dienstags und donnerstags, ab 20 Uhr, samstags ab 20.30 Uhr: Radio StoneFM
    Highlights von Rolling-Stone.de
      Werbung
      #8464923  | PERMALINK

marbeck

Ich habe übrigens vor ca. 1 1/2 Jahren einen Label-Querschnitt auf Radio StoneFM vorgestellt. Den Thread dazu gibt es hier (einschließlich Tracklist). Falls jemand nachhören will, bitte PN.

--

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." - George Best --- Dienstags und donnerstags, ab 20 Uhr, samstags ab 20.30 Uhr: Radio StoneFM
      #8464925  | PERMALINK

marbeck

Have you been wondering what that video last week was all about? Well, enough of all that suspense! That was Lizard Kisses giving us a little idea of what to expect of their (and our) next EP.
      Lizard Kisses are Marc Merza and Cory Siegler, they not only craft some of most beautiful and lush dreamy pop we’ve heard in ages, but are also serious DIY adepts – their previous releases include handpressed tapes and (very) limited and uniquely packaged 7″ splits.
      So it goes without saying that we’re completely in love with them, and ecstatic to announce we’re putting out their next project, a exquisite four track EP entitled Loving Creatures.
      Limited to 160 hand crafted copies, sewn and silkscreened by Cory and Marc themselves and artwork by Edie Fake. Available to PRE-ORDER NOW.

Könnte was für Herrn Rossi sein.

http://lizardkisses.bandcamp.com/

--

#8464927  | PERMALINK

marbeck

Da ich eh der einzige bin, der hier postet, übernehme ich es auch, die Todesanzeige des Labels zu übermitteln. Schade drum.

[TABLE]
      [TR]

[TR]
      [TD=“align: center“][TABLE=“width: 600″]
      [TR]
      [TD=“class: bodyContent, bgcolor: #ffffff“][TABLE=“width: 100%“]
      [TR]
      [TD]3 ALBUMS, A GOOD-BYE, AND LOTS IN BETWEEN…

Today we have a whole bunch of news all wrapped up in one…

First, we are thrilled to announce not only one, but THREE UPCOMING VINYL RECORDS!

They are:

Colin Clary:: Twee Blues 12″
      This is Colin’s most cohesive and awesome album to date. A 15-song cycle that is neither quite twee nor blues, but something in between. Recorded in one batch over a long weekend with a small crew, this record is a focused artistic statement full of songs that are easy to play and fun to sing.

One Happy Island:: Your Flaws aren’t Picturesque12″
      Recorded over two nights in a small, intimate studio space complete with live audience, it combines the energy of alive show with the audio quality of a studio recording. It finds the current three-piece configuration of One Happy Island taking turns on the vocals and in playing an array of different instruments, including ukuleles, guitars, stylophones, trumpet, bells, and more.

Let’s Whisper:: As Close as We Are 10″
      Originally planned as a split 10″ EP, As Close as We Are took a life of its own, grew into something bigger and became Let’s Whisper second album instead. It features a combination of new songs, and some older ones that had never been recorded before, marking a period of transitions for Let’s Whisper, both as a band and in their personal lives.

Then, there’s this:

THESE ARE GOING TO BE OUR FINAL RELEASES

We have had a wonderful time over the past six years: we met a lot of awesome people, listened to lots of great music, and got to put out some of our favourite records of all time… but.. you know how it goes, everything has its time, and all good things must come to an end someday.

And, at last:

Seeing as we are doing 3 records in one go, and we want to make it all extra awesome, we’re doing a super pre-order campaign on KICKSTARTER.

We decided to go for kickstarter both as a way to raise funds to make this happen, and also because we wanted an excuse to release some more 3″cds before we call it a day. A lot of the pre-order (or pledge) options include super limited edition EPs filled with bonus material that are going on be available in our usual 3″CDs, brown envelopes and all..

On our project page, you can find more info on the albums, mp3 downloads of all three records, and of course, a whole bunch of pre-order options. We’ll be updating the page regularly with videos, sneak peeks of the albums, interviews with the bands and more, so keep an eye out for it.

More from us very soon!

WeePOP! Records
      www.weepop.net

--

#8464929  | PERMALINK

marbeck

Das letzte Lebenszeichen: WeePop! verramscht den Rest des Bestandes bis 14.2.2015.

http://www.weepop.net/shop.php

Mich wundert, dass sich hier im Thread nie jemand der Popfraktion gemeldet hat. Letzte Chance jetzt, zuschlagen.

--

Ansicht von 5 Beiträgen - 1 bis 5 (von insgesamt 5)

Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.