SIMON JOYNER – Ghosts (2012)

Startseite Foren Die Tonträger: Aktuell und Antiquariat Aktuelle Platten SIMON JOYNER – Ghosts (2012)

Ansicht von 15 Beiträgen - 1 bis 15 (von insgesamt 19)
  • Autor

hat-and-beard
    dial 45-41-000

Das kommende Simon Joyner-Album wurde durch eine Kickstarter-Kampagne vorfinanziert. Der aktuelle Stand:

Just to keep everyone abreast of where the project stands, we finished mixing last weekend, all analog. With crossfades and whatnot, it was a very hands-on process, with three or four reel-to-reel machines going at once. Ben Brodin, the mixing engineer, took a video of the madness with his phone at one point and I will add a clip of it if I’m able. All-manual fading meant every mix was a performance in and of itself. It was a good time, a little like Twister on the mixing console with hands reaching over and under to get to faders according to our assigned roles in the song. Much better than staring at a computer screen to mix a record, in my opinion. Very nice of my friends at ARC Studio to indulge these preoccupations and fantasies of mine.

I’ll be packing up the four master reels (one for each side) and sending to Roger Seibel at SAE Mastering and he will be mastering and plating the record all-analog as well, so we’ll end up with what they call a AAA record, or All Analog Album. I don’t know that it’s important or essential to make records this way but it is a totally different process and more visceral and less cerebral, so it’s kept the otherwise tedious parts of making music much more enjoyable for me. I also happen to think it sounds warmer and better than digital recording and mixing, but it’s subjective and I’m not on a high-horse about it. It was a smile. I know that recording in my warehouse added color and texture and ambient noise that might otherwise not be there and I’m really happy with this record having a „sound“ of its own. Thank you all for helping to make it possible. I look forward to you all hearing it soon.

I’m still waiting for a handful of backers to turn in their surveys so I can order the t-shirts and totes and other items. If you haven’t gotten around to it, here’s a reminder. For anyone still interested in participating in the rewards and/or pre-ordering the new record, feel free to contact me directly since the Kickstarter campaign has ended. I’ve had a handful of people write inquiring if they could get in on the same reward packages even though they didn’t hear about the campaign until it ended and that’s fine with me.

Also, I’ve decided to title the record, Ghosts.

I will post photos of the t-shirts and tote bags once they’re done and send another update when something new happens that brings us closer to getting this record and assorted paraphernalia shipped out to you. Thanks again for backing this project!

-Simon

--

God told me to do it.
    Highlights von Rolling-Stone.de
      Werbung
      #8331001  | PERMALINK

loplop

Danke für die Information. Freue mich auf das Album.

--

#8331003  | PERMALINK

mr-soul

Das Album des Jahres wird voraussichtlich im Juli erscheinen.

Just a quick update to catch everyone up on the progress. The record will be mastered tomorrow at SAE in Phoenix. Then it goes to RTI for manufacturing with a three month turn around time for release once it arrives. So, we’re looking at an early July release date. I’m putting the artwork together this week to send to Stoughton to have the jackets made.

--

"i tell all my friends that i'm bound for heaven, and if it ain't so you can't blame me for living" Thank You, Jason!
      #8331005  | PERMALINK

nail75

Mr.SoulDas Album des Jahres wird voraussichtlich im Juli erscheinen.

Nein, nein, nein, das Beach House-Album kommt schon in knapp zwei Wochen.

--

Ohne Musik ist alles Leben ein Irrtum.
      #8331007  | PERMALINK

mr-soul

nail75Nein, nein, nein, das Beach House-Album kommt schon in knapp zwei Wochen.

Ich schrieb vom Album des Jahres und nicht der Woche…;-)

Übrigens, für alle Tape-Junkies und Joyner-Fans ist vielleicht dieser Link ganz interessant: Klick!

--

"i tell all my friends that i'm bound for heaven, and if it ain't so you can't blame me for living" Thank You, Jason!
      #8331009  | PERMALINK

hat-and-beard
      dial 45-41-000

Tracklist

Side One:
      Vertigo
      Last Will and Testament
      Red Bandana Blues
      Sing a Little Lullaby

Side Two:
      The Tyrant
      Will You Stand Up for Me?
      Cotes du Rhone
      If It’s Alright With You (It’s Alright With Me) Pt.1

Side Three:
      If It’s Alright With You (It’s Alright With Me) Pt. 2
      Answering Machine Blues
      Swift River, Run
      When the Worst Doesn’t Happen

Side Four:
      If I Left Tomorrow
      The Last Parade
      Hard Luck Heart
      Please Forgive
      Ghost

--

God told me to do it.
      #8331011  | PERMALINK

mr-soul

Out August 14th!

--

#8331013  | PERMALINK

mr-soul

Hier ein aktuelles Interview: Klick

u.a. mit folgendem:

WAAP: What advice would you give to a musician starting out?
      SJ: Always marry for love, but it helps if they also have money because you won’t.

--

#8331015  | PERMALINK

shanks

Simon is taking pre-orders for the new double album at simonjoyner.net and those ship a couple weeks before the August 14th street date so reserve yours now!

Und „Vertigo“ kann man [COLOR=“Blue“]hier anhören.

--

Es ist Breitling, scheiß auf deine Aldi-Uhr / Auf meinem nächstem Cover halt ich das Excalibur
      #8331017  | PERMALINK

mr-soul

ShanksUnd „Vertigo“ kann man [COLOR=Blue]hier anhören.

Aber sowas von * * * * *….

„Exile On Main St. Revisited“…;-)

--

#8331019  | PERMALINK

Anonym
      Inaktiv

Mr.Soul“Exile On Main St. Revisited“…;-)

Weder noch.

--

#8331021  | PERMALINK

mr-soul

pinchWeder noch.

Damit ziele ich auf das Cover-Artwork ab und nicht auf den Track.

--

#8331023  | PERMALINK

Anonym
      Inaktiv

Ich musste, was das Cover-Artwork betrifft, eher daran denken:

--

#8331025  | PERMALINK

mr-soul

Auch nicht schlecht, aber wenn man seinem Label glauben schenken mag, dann doch eher „Exile“.

Klick!

Recorded on reel-to-reel in Joyner’s warehouse on a sixteen-
      track tape machine over many months, Ghosts sounds
      unlike any Joyner record. The influence of dark, ’60s and
      ’70s private-press psych and folk records, as well as the
      noisy, transcendent music of New Zealand heroes like
      This Kind of Punishment, Alastair Galbraith and The Dead
      C are highlighted on this experimental, full-band songcycle
      that pays subtle as well as brazen homage to several
      influential double-albums (perhaps most obviously with its
      Exile on Main Street-inspired gatefold artwork).

--

#8331027  | PERMALINK

Anonym
      Inaktiv

Solchen Promo-Schwafeleien darf man immer nur die Hälfte glauben.

--

Ansicht von 15 Beiträgen - 1 bis 15 (von insgesamt 19)

Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.