The Crookes – Chasing After Ghosts

Startseite Foren Die Tonträger: Aktuell und Antiquariat Aktuelle Platten The Crookes – Chasing After Ghosts

Ansicht von 5 Beiträgen - 1 bis 5 (von insgesamt 5)
  • Autor

firecracker

VÖ: März oder April 2011.

Quote:
    Ten artists for 2011: #4 The Crookes

by John Freeman

Birthed in the Sheffield studentland of the same name, The Crookes are four beautiful boys who evoke the long lost romance of downbeat Northern Englishness – chiming melodies frame their ‘kitchen-sink’ dramas, like a Shelagh Delaney script set to ‘The Boy With A Thorn In His Side.’ “Our influences are largely English-based literature and music,” singer George Waite explained to me before a gig at Sound Control in Manchester. “I wrote some lyrics and George told me they were just like The Smiths,” guitarist/lyricist Dan Hopewell told me. “I had no idea. I was just trying to be poetic. I’m into similar books and plays as Morrissey was, so maybe the original source echoes through.”

The Crookes are a heartwarming antidote to the endless stream of taste-making American bands. “We said from the start that if we all started to wear tight jeans and leather jackets and took up smoking, we’d never be able to pull it off because we’re not the coolest guys in the world,” says George. “It’s just about playing music we’re most comfortable with and enjoying it.” There is a refreshing old-fashioned romance to current songs ‘Bloodshot Days’ or my favourite track, the effortlessly brilliant ‘Yes, Yes We Are Magicians’. “I’m a bit of a dreamer, and a lot of the songs are about running away and escaping. I guess that idea is romantic,” says Dan.

As for a debut album, it is finally going to be with us in March or April. I can exclusively reveal the title is Chasing After Ghosts. George admitted to me that the band struggled to agree on a batch of songs, “We wrote a track-listing in January 2010 and none of those songs are on it anymore.” “We keep writing songs that are better than our last,” Dan says. “It’s quite a nice problem to have.”

Quelle: Ten artists for 2011: #4 By John Freeman, 4. The Crookes

Nach der wahrlich tollen EP wird das Album mit Freude erwartet.

http://www.myspace.com/thecrookesmusic

--

Dirty, dirty feet from the concert in the grass / I wanted to believe that freedom there could last (Willy Mason)
    Highlights von Rolling-Stone.de
      Werbung
      #7877701  | PERMALINK

Anonym
      Inaktiv

Gitarrenpop-Album des Jahres mit Smiths-Gedächtnis-Plakette!

--

#7877703  | PERMALINK

themagneticfield

Ich werd wohl nicht ums Bestellen der CD herumkommen. Sie wollen mir ja keine positive Rückmeldung auf Vinylveröffentlichung geben. War ich doch zu penetrant.

--

"Man kann nicht verhindern, dass man verletzt wird, aber man kann mitbestimmen von wem. Was berührt, das bleibt!
      #7877705  | PERMALINK

Anonym
      Inaktiv

Langweilige Platte. Die Band hat tatsächlich ihren gesamten output in „Backstreet Lovers“ gesteckt.

--

#7877707  | PERMALINK

firecracker

songbirdLangweilige Platte. Die Band hat tatsächlich ihren gesamten output in „Backstreet Lovers“ gesteckt.

Nach wie vor der allergrößte Song, stimmt. Leider. Keine schlechte Platte; aber so recht Lust sie zu hören, habe ich selten. Und dann meist nur die ersten Songs. Der Wille war sicher da, der Enthusiasmus auch, nur an Ideen mangelt’s ein bisschen. Sehr schade.

--

Dirty, dirty feet from the concert in the grass / I wanted to believe that freedom there could last (Willy Mason)
    Ansicht von 5 Beiträgen - 1 bis 5 (von insgesamt 5)

Schlagwörter: 

Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.