Simon Joyner – Out Into The Snow

Startseite Foren Die Tonträger: Aktuell und Antiquariat Aktuelle Platten Simon Joyner – Out Into The Snow

Ansicht von 15 Beiträgen - 1 bis 15 (von insgesamt 31)
  • Autor

mr-soul

Die neue LP von Simon Joyner wird wohl spätestens am 15.9. veröffentlicht.

„Roll On“

473t.jpg

Quote:
    Joyner’s twelfth record, Out Into the Snow, is another challenging and rewarding song-cycle which grows richer from repeated listening. For this outing Joyner has assembled a small group, including Alex McManus (Lambchop, Bright Eyes, The Bruces), Ryan Kennedy, Mike Friedman, Michael Krassner (Boxhead Ensemble), and Chris Deden, as well as background vocals by Sarah Gleason and Pearl Lovejoy Boyd and string arrangements by violinist, Laraine Kaizer. Sounding sometimes like Doug Yule era Velvet Underground (with some Paris 1919 John Cale thrown in for good measure), On the Beach period Neil Young, Happy Sad era Tim Buckley, and Our Mother the Mountain period Townes Van Zandt, the album is littered with characters in transition, moving toward or away from complicated pasts and futures.
    Here you have a man floating away in a dilapidated drunken boat borrowed from Rimbaud. He escapes a past of imagined persecution, only to face deeper problems of self-identity after entering a storm at sea. There are lovers separated by distances difficult to summit. Others survive rocky starts to find peace, acceptance, and the real joy available to those who may have been born to run but now choose to stay and fight. The title tracks seems to be telling a simple story of friendship, but, after a man is called out on a winter night to rescue a friend in need, he goes to bed that night and has strange transformation dreams that lead him to question the direction of his own life. Stepping out into the snow then becomes a metaphor for engagement and risk. Joyner seems to be saying that life is full of these worthwhile struggles, whether they result in sorrow or mirth, pleasant or unpleasant discoveries. Joyner requires the same of himself artistically. Out Into The Snow is full of gorgeous human gestures from well-developed characters rising and falling in overlapping arcs of time. Brazen songwriting, like all great art, challenges even more than it entertains. Team Love is proud to introduce another milestone performance from Simon Joyner, perhaps the greatest songwriter you’ve never heard.

--

"i tell all my friends that i'm bound for heaven, and if it ain't so you can't blame me for living" Thank You, Jason!
    Highlights von Rolling-Stone.de
      Werbung
      #7174791  | PERMALINK

sweetheart
      trouble loves me

„Roll On“ klingt furios. Ich bin sehr gespannt auf das Album.

--

My favourite 45s and LPs of all time.
      #7174793  | PERMALINK

dock

Großartige Neuigkeiten!

--

#7174795  | PERMALINK

candycolouredclown

dockGroßartige Neuigkeiten!

und ein nicht minder fantastischer Track. (warum steht da eigentlich nichts von den Stones?)

ist das da oben das Cover? Auch verdammt toll.

--

Flow like a harpoon daily and nightly
      #7174797  | PERMALINK

hat-and-beard
      dial 45-41-000

Freut mich sehr. Das Cover ist klasse.

--

God told me to do it.
      #7174799  | PERMALINK

slow-train

Das wird großartig.

--

#7174801  | PERMALINK

dock

Team Love will release Simon Joyner’s twelfth full length LP Out into the Snow on September 15, 2009 on CD and Double 180 Gram LP.

The album will be available for pre-order the first week of August and will ship two weeks prior to the street date!!!!

Tracklist:

1. The Drunken Boat
      2. The Arsonist
      3. Ambulances
      4. Sunday Morning Song for Sara
      5. Last Evening on Earth
      6. Peace in My Time
      7. Out into the Snow
      8. Roll On

--

#7174803  | PERMALINK

mogwai

roll on ist wieder down, oder? bekomme über den link leider nur eine „not found“ anzeige. nichtsdestotrotz freue ich mich auf das album.

--

#7174805  | PERMALINK

mr-soul

Sieht so aus. Du kannst es Dir nun aber auch direkt auf der TEAM LOVE-Seite anhören.

Habe mal gerade den Link oben dementsprechend geändert.

--

"i tell all my friends that i'm bound for heaven, and if it ain't so you can't blame me for living" Thank You, Jason!
      #7174807  | PERMALINK

mr-a-sickness

Sounding sometimes like Doug Yule era Velvet Underground (with some Paris 1919 John Cale thrown in for good measure), On the Beach period Neil Young, Happy Sad era Tim Buckley, and Our Mother the Mountain period Townes Van Zandt

Sollte dem wirklich so sein, dann steht uns hier Großes bevor. Ich freu mich und bin sehr gespannt auf das Album!

--

"Wir wollten Musik kreieren, die nicht Formeln wiederholt, sondern eigenständig ist und auch mal einen eingängigen Refrain links liegen lässt, wenn der wirklich schöne Moment an einer anderen Stelle zu finden ist." - Robin Pecknold
      #7174809  | PERMALINK

mr-a-sickness

btw: welche Alben aus seinem Backkatalog wären denn zu empfehlen?

--

"Wir wollten Musik kreieren, die nicht Formeln wiederholt, sondern eigenständig ist und auch mal einen eingängigen Refrain links liegen lässt, wenn der wirklich schöne Moment an einer anderen Stelle zu finden ist." - Robin Pecknold
      #7174811  | PERMALINK

dock

@Mr. A. Sickness

Zunächst „Hotel Lives“ oder „Skeleton Blues“.

--

#7174813  | PERMALINK

mr-a-sickness

dock@Mr. A. Sickness

Zunächst „Hotel Lives“ oder „Skeleton Blues“.

Besten Dank, dock!
      Ich denke, ich werde mich zuerst mal mit „Hotel Lives“ befassen.

--

#7174815  | PERMALINK

dock

Simon Joyner’s Out into the Snow will be in stores on September 15. Pre-orders will receive a copy two weeks prior to the street date. Vinyl pre-orders will receive a bonus 7″ with two previously unreleased songs at no added cost.
      http://teamlove.hasawebstore.com/product/INS64224/outintothesnowwbonus7preorder

--

#7174817  | PERMALINK

hat-and-beard
      dial 45-41-000

dockSimon Joyner’s Out into the Snow will be in stores on September 15. Pre-orders will receive a copy two weeks prior to the street date. Vinyl pre-orders will receive a bonus 7″ with two previously unreleased songs at no added cost.
      http://teamlove.hasawebstore.com/product/INS64224/outintothesnowwbonus7preorder

Würde mir einer der Kreditkartennutzer im Forum den großen Gefallen tun und dort für mich zwei Stück ordern?

Edit: Erledigt, danke!

--

God told me to do it.
    Ansicht von 15 Beiträgen - 1 bis 15 (von insgesamt 31)

Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.