mojo

Ansicht von 15 Beiträgen - 331 bis 345 (von insgesamt 355)
  • Autor

katsche

Frage an die Abonnenten:
    Wie lange dauert es, bis die jeweils aktuelle Ausgabe bei Euch eintrifft?
    Ich habe mal Einzelhefte (direkt über die Mojo-Homepage) bestellt, und es dauerte vier bis sechs Wochen…

Edit: Hab gerade in älteren Beiträgen dieses Threads gelesen, dass es bei Abo-Ausgaben wohl ganz fix geht.

--

Highlights von Rolling-Stone.de
      Werbung
      #997205  | PERMALINK

hellcreeper

atomIch habe es im Chrome getestet und es funktioniert bei mir problemlos.

Danke. Habe Chrome für diesen Zweck installiert und es hat auch geklappt. Keine Ahnung woran es liegt/lag, aber man muss nicht alles verstehen. Zumindest ist das Abo neu abgeschlossen.

--

Wenn da Tomaten drin wären, dann wäre es Zwiebelsuppe!
      #997207  | PERMALINK

marbeck
      Keine Lust, mir etwas auszudenken

[h=1]Paul Weller: “Eton Rifles? What Did David Cameron Not Get?”Weller complains of the PM’s appropriation of his Jam hit in in-depth exploration of his rich back catalogue in the new edition of MOJO magazine.

By MOJO Staff April 23, 2015

As Paul Weller returns with his 24th studio album, he talks MOJO magazine through his extensive songbook.
      On sale in the UK from Tuesday, April 28, the latest issue (June 2015/ #259) sees the former Jam and Style Council man reliving 20 of his most significant compositions, including toff-baiting breakthrough single Eton Rifles, telling our writer Tom Doyle that he’s still staggered that David Cameron has claimed it as one of his favourite songs.
      [INDENT]“People say, Why don’t you write any more political songs?”
      Paul Weller
      “The whole thing with Cameron saying it was one of his favourite songs… I just think, Which bit didn’t you get?,” wonders Weller of the Old Etonian Prime Minister.
      “People say, Why don’t you write any more political songs? But I would just write exactly the same f**king things I wrote thirty-odd years ago. Every time they fire a missile in the Middle East, that’s 850,000 pounds, right? And then they talk about the NHS, f**king selling it off or it crumbling. So nothing’s really changed, has it?”
      As for the origins of The Jam’s iconic single from 1979’s Setting Sons, a wet weekend rather than a summer of rioting was primarily responsible for Weller’s call to arms.
      [IMG]http://www.mojo4music.com/media/2015/04/259_Weller_CD_595x842.jpg?2cf8b9MOJO 259, with Paul Weller on the cover, available in the UK from Tuesday, April 28. “We had a week off and I never even thought about going abroad for a holiday at that time. So I went down to my mum and dad’s caravan in Selsey and it pissed with rain for the whole week, so I just ended up writing,” he recalls. “And I wrote Eton Rifles. I thought it was a powerful statement.”
      Order your copy of the new MOJO now for the exclusive interview with Weller, spanning his first compositions to new record Saturns Pattern.
      The issue comes with a covermounted free CD, [I]Beyond Saturn featuring 15 mind-blowing cosmic tracks personally approved by Weller, including Panda Bear, TOY, Public Service Broadcasting, Neu! and more.
      PHOTO: Tom Sheehan

--

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." - George Best --- Dienstags und donnerstags, ab 20 Uhr, samstags ab 20.30 Uhr: Radio StoneFM
      #997209  | PERMALINK

august-ramone
      Ich habe fertig!

Die neue MOJO mit The Rolling Stones Titel!

http://www.mojo4music.com/23358/mojo-270-may-2016-rolling-stones/#main-content?platform=hootsuite

--

http://www.radiostonefm.de/ Wenn es um Menschenleben geht, ist es zweitrangig, dass der Dax einbricht und das Bruttoinlandsprodukt schrumpft.
      #997211  | PERMALINK

latho
      No pretty face

Oh, dann greife ich auch mal wieder zu.

--

If you talk bad about country music, it's like saying bad things about my momma. Them's fightin' words.
      #9851087  | PERMALINK

hellcreeper

Alle Jahre wieder, Neuabschluss steht vor der Tür; ich glaube das Abo ist sogar abgelaufen.Etwas nervig, denn von mir aus könnten wir auf die nächsten 10 Jahre abschließen. ;-)

Anyway, eine Änderung schwebt mir allerdings schon im Kopf. Ich überlege nun auf die digitale Edition umzusteigen. Was mich abhält, sind romantische Beweggründe und die Befürchtung, es würde mir etwas fehlen, wenn die MOJO nicht in Hardcopy vorliegt. Gleichwohl habe ich keine Lust, meinen Hausstand wegen der MOJO zu erweitern.

Daher die Frage: Liest jemand die MOJO (ggf. gar ausschließlich) digital und kann berichten? Wird das Magazin über Zinio dargestellt oder hat greatmagazin eine eigene APP? Wie ist die Darstellung und wird einer digitale Version eine CD „beigelegt“?

Danke vorab.

--

Wenn da Tomaten drin wären, dann wäre es Zwiebelsuppe!
      #9852227  | PERMALINK

Anonym
      Inaktiv

@hellcreeper: Nee, auf die CD musst Du in der digitalen Version verzichten. Gibt auch keine Möglichkeit, den CD-Inhalt irgendwo abzuspielen oder zu laden, zumindest habe ich bisher nirgendwo einen Hinweis dazu gefunden.

Ich lese auf dem Ipad mittels eigener App, das funktioniert problemlos. Zur Darstellung  auf einem PC kann ich leider nichts sagen, nie probiert. Preislich ist die digitale Version hochinteressant, den genauen Preis habe ich jetzt nicht parat, aber um die 3 Euro pro Ausgabe im Jahresabo.

--

#9857053  | PERMALINK

august-ramone
      Ich habe fertig!

Gestern das MOJO 273, August 2016 erhalten! Das wird ein feines Wochenende!

Titel: The Smiths – Their 50 Greatest Songs & The Stories Behind Them!

http://www.mojo4music.com/24217/mojo-273-august-2016-the-smiths-50-greatest-songs/

The Smith
      This month MOJO salutes Morrissey, Marr, Joyce and Rourke with a 20-page celebration of their 50 Greatest Songs. Plus we reveal the inside stories of the new Morrissey biopic and Johnny Marr’s forthcoming autobiography, Set The Boy Free, and much more.

Joe Strummer
      Life after The Clash and the loss of his parents was tough for the punk gunslinger. Here’s how he started putting his life, and his music, back together.

David Bowie
      As the vaults swing open for Bowie’s first posthumous collection, producer Tony Visconti hints at the unreleased material the world will finally get to hear.

Rival Sons
      Rock’n’roll is not in decline, say the California four-piece, and they’re here to prove it.

Terry Reid
      He could have been frontman of Led Zeppelin and Deep Purple, but instead followed his own singular path. MOJO enjoys an audience with the man behind two of the ’70s’ greatest records as he finally returns.

Holger Czukay
      “We played like gods,” notes the avant-garde trickster at the bassthrobbing heart of Can’s kosmische gesamtkunstwerk as he reflects on Stockhausen, fighting and fate in this month’s MOJO Interview.

--

http://www.radiostonefm.de/ Wenn es um Menschenleben geht, ist es zweitrangig, dass der Dax einbricht und das Bruttoinlandsprodukt schrumpft.
      #9857071  | PERMALINK

mick67

Haben die überhaupt 50 Songs gemacht? :-P

zuletzt geändert von mick67

--

#9857077  | PERMALINK

mick67

HellCreeperAlle Jahre wieder, Neuabschluss steht vor der Tür; ich glaube das Abo ist sogar abgelaufen.Etwas nervig, denn von mir aus könnten wir auf die nächsten 10 Jahre abschließen. Anyway, eine Änderung schwebt mir allerdings schon im Kopf. Ich überlege nun auf die digitale Edition umzusteigen. Was mich abhält, sind romantische Beweggründe und die Befürchtung, es würde mir etwas fehlen, wenn die MOJO nicht in Hardcopy vorliegt. Gleichwohl habe ich keine Lust, meinen Hausstand wegen der MOJO zu erweitern. Daher die Frage: Liest jemand die MOJO (ggf. gar ausschließlich) digital und kann berichten? Wird das Magazin über Zinio dargestellt oder hat greatmagazin eine eigene APP? Wie ist die Darstellung und wird einer digitale Version eine CD „beigelegt“? Danke vorab.

Ich lese sie nur noch digital. Aber nicht über die Original App und, nein, es ist kein illegaler Download. Näheres nur per PN.

--

#10323879  | PERMALINK

marbeck

Das Januar-Heft von MOJO ist ein Pflichtkauf:

MOJO 290 / January 2018

AN IRRESISTIBLE PACKAGE this month as MOJO presents the rise of the Jam – the inspiring early days of their ascent to Mod magnificence. The Jam’s evergreen icon, Paul Weller, also plays a key part in MOJO’s Review Of The Year, which stars our 50 Best Albums Of 2017 and regular round-up of star recommendations, The Best Thing I’ve Heard All Year. Our FREE CD is our ever-popular Best Of The Year sampler, with tracks from our favourite albums of 2017, by artists including Weller, The War On Drugs, Sparks, Nadia Reid, Hurray For The Riff Raff and more. Also in the issue: Bruce Springsteen’s Tunnel Of Love, 30 years on; Josh Homme in the MOJO Interview; the debt we owe Fats Domino; the incredible story of the late-blooming Robert Finley. Plus! Arcade Fire; Captain Beefheart; The Edge on the new U2 album; and The Mummies: rock’s freakiest band, back from the undead!

COVER STORY: THE JAM The rise of Paul Weller’s People’s Band, and the Mod renaissance they unleashed, by the ace faces who were there. Cue: life-changing shows and era-defining songs, haloed with a pop-art blur of ripped seats and smashed Rickenbackers, and all driven by “a raw sense of destiny”.

FREE CD: 2017 – THE BEST OF THE YEAR is the MOJO covermount CD that does exactly what it says on the tin. Tracks from our favourite albums of the year, with artists including Paul Weller, The War On Drugs, Sparks, Nadia Reid, Hurray For The Riff Raff

THE BEST OF 2017 Includes the 50 Best New Albums, Best Reissues, Books and Music Films. Stars Paul Weller, James Murphy, Alice Coltrane, The Grateful Dead, Jane Weaver and many more.

--

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." - George Best --- Dienstags und donnerstags, ab 20 Uhr, samstags ab 20.30 Uhr: Radio StoneFM
      #10975985  | PERMALINK

marbeck

Heute im Bahnhof gekauft:

https://www.mojo4music.com/articles/available-now-mojos-two-deluxe-paul-weller-specials

Available now: MOJO’s two deluxe Paul Weller specials

The Mod Father. The finest writers. The full story.
      By MOJO Staff
      December 19, 2019

The two volumes of the MOJO Collectors’ Series on Paul Weller are available now, bringing together the finest writing on PAUL WELLER, legendary British solo artist and leader of The Jam and The Style Council.

MOJO The Collectors’ Series: PAUL WELLER Modern Classics 1991-2019 – order it here – is full of insightful features and classic interviews, plus dozens of rare and iconic photographs. This second deluxe 132-page magazine focuses on Paul Weller’s mercurial solo years, beginning with his return to playing small venues when the record industry turned its back on him in the early ’90s, to his hard-fought comeback in the Britpop years which saw him top the charts again with the peerless albums Wildwood, Stanley Road and Heavy Soul, and then beyond to his present phase as restless, 60-something musical adventurer.

The in-depth features include an account of Paul’s bold decision to strap on a guitar again in 1991 and try to re-establish himself as a successful rock musician, to a fascinating fly-on-the-wall report of his Japan ’94 tour and several boozy encounters with the singer in the early 2000s when he was coming to terms with middle-age and his second experience of fame. The magazine ends with the highly personal interview he gave to MOJO last year.

This magazine’s predecessor, MODERN CLASSICS 1958-1990, is also available. It looks in detail at Weller’s formative years with The Jam and The Style Council, and which comes in a special wallet with room for both volumes, is still available to order from greatmagazines.co.uk/weller.

--

#11076485  | PERMALINK

jimmydean

im aktuellen mojo: 50 best songs of nick cave

--

i don't care about the girls, i don't wanna see the world, i don't care if i'm all alone, as long as i can listen to the Ramones (the dubrovniks)
      #11089615  | PERMALINK

jimmydean

jimmydeanim aktuellen mojo: 50 best songs of nick cave

das ist übrigens die liste

1. The Mercy Seat – Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds – Tender Prey – 1988
      2. Into My Arms – Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds – The Boatman’s Call – 1997
      3. From Her To Eternity – Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds – From Her To Eternity – 1984
      4. Tupelo – Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds – The Firstborn Is Dead – 1985
      5. The Ship Song (2010 Digital Remaster) – Nick Cave & TBS – The Good Son – 1990
      6. Red Right Hand – Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds – Let Love In – 1994
      7. (Are You) The One I’ve Been Waiting For? – Nick Cave & TBS – The Boatman’s Call – 1997
      8. Mutiny In Heaven – The Birthday Party – Hits – 1982
      9. Straight To You – Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds – Henry’s Dream – 1992
      10. Ghosteen – Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds – Ghosteen (Cd 2) – 2019
      11. Jubilee Street – Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds – Push The Sky Away – 2013
      12. We Call Upon The Author – Nick Cave & TBS – Dig, Lazarus, Dig!!! – 2008
      13. People Ain’t No Good – Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds – The Boatman’s Call – 1997
      14. Skeleton Tree – Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds – Skeleton Tree – 2016
      15. Deanna – Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds – Tender Prey – 1988
      16. Bright Horses – Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds – Ghosteen (Cd 1) – 2019
      17. The Weeping Song – Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds – The Good Son – 1990
      18. Dig, Lazarus, Dig!!! – Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds – Dig, Lazarus, Dig!!! – 2008
      19. Saint Huck – Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds – From Her To Eternity – 1984
      20. Push The Sky Away – Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds – Push The Sky Away – 2013
      21. The Carny – Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds – Your Funeral… My Trial – 1986
      22. City Of Refuge – Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds – Tender Prey – 1988
      23. Stagger Lee – Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds – Murder Ballads – 1996
      24. More News From Nowhere – Nick Cave & TBS – Dig, Lazarus, Dig!!! – 2008
      25. No Pussy Blues – Grinderman – Grinderman – 2007
      26. Jesus Alone – Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds – Skeleton Tree – 2016
      27. Do You Love Me?, Pt. 2 – Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds – Let Love In – 1994
      28. Leviathan – Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds – Ghosteen (Cd 1) – 2019
      29. Breathless – Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds – The Lyre Of Orpheus – 2004
      30. Stranger Than Kindness – Nick Cave & TBS – Your Funeral… My Trial – 1986
      31. There She Goes, My Beautiful World – Nick Cave & TBS – Abattoir Blues – 2004
      32. Where The Wild Roses Grow – Nick Cave & TBS – Murder Ballads – 1995
      33. Higgs Boson Blues – Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds – Push The Sky Away – 2013
      34. God Is In The House – Nick Cave & TBS – No More Shall We Part – 2001
      35. The Good Son – Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds – The Good Son – 1990
      36. Hollywood – Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds – Ghosteen (Cd 2) – 2019
      37. Fifteen Feet Of Pure White Snow – Nick Cave & TBS – No More Shall We Part – 2001
      38. Sad Waters – Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds – Your Funeral… My Trial – 1986
      39. Easy Money – Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds – The Lyre Of Orpheus – 2004
      40. Helpless – Nick Cave – B-Sides & Rarities (Cd 1) – 2005
      41. Release The Bats – The Birthday Party – Hits – 1982
      42. Palaces Of Montezuma – Grinderman – Grinderman 2 – 2010
      43. Sonnys Burning – The Birthday Party – Hits – 1982
      44. Mermaids – Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds – Push The Sky Away – 2013
      45. Papa Won’t Leave You, Henry – Nick Cave & TBS – Henry’s Dream – 1992
      46. Rock Of Gibraltar – Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds – Nocturama – 2003
      47. She’s Not There – Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds – True Blood Vol 3. OST – 2011
      48. Nature Boy – Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds – Abattoir Blues – 2004
      49. End Crawl – Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds – Lawless OST – 2012
      50. Scum – Nick Cave – B-Sides & Rarities (Cd 1) – 2005

--

i don't care about the girls, i don't wanna see the world, i don't care if i'm all alone, as long as i can listen to the Ramones (the dubrovniks)
      #11158035  | PERMALINK

marbeck

Weller, Zappa, Dylan, Little Richard – vermutlich für viele im Forum ein Pflichtkauf :-)

MOJO 321 – August 2020: Paul Weller

MOJO 321 features Paul Weller, Frank Zappa, Little Richard, Fontaines DC, the new Dylan album and more.
      By MOJO StaffJune 18, 2020

PAUL WELLER TRACES the music and themes that have illuminated his career, from The Jam to now, while delving into his soulful new album, On Sunset. Meanwhile, summer festival vibes pour forth from MOJO’s amazing covermount CD, with exclusive live tracks from Weller, Nick Cave, U2, R.E.M., The Black Keys, New Order, Foo Fighters, Michael Kiwanuka, Lucinda Williams and more. Also in the issue: Bob Dylan’s all-new album; Little Richard and the Big Bang of rock’n’roll; Frank Zappa – the legend at 80; Steve Cropper’s soul odyssey. Plus: The Go-Go’s, Fontaines DC, Dion, Cat Stevens, Shirley Collins, Robert Johnson, Pretenders, Blake Mills, Florian Schneider, Brian Wilson, Grateful Dead, the last interview with The Pretty Things’ Phil May, and… in lockdown with Glen Matlock and Earl Slick!
      HAVE A COPY SENT STRAIGHT TO YOUR HOME

CONTENTS MOJO 321

PAUL WELLER The former Jam man’s hot streak continues, with a new album – On Sunset – his most soulful in years. With MOJO he looks back over its precedents, past battles and future hopes. Plus – can it be true? – a Style Council revival?

COVERMOUNT CD: THE MOJO FESTIVAL 2020 Distraught at the cancellation of your favourite summer festival? Kill the pain with exclusive live tracks from Weller, Nick Cave, U2, R.E.M., The Black Keys, New Order, Foo Fighters, Michael Kiwanuka, Lucinda Williams and more.

FRANK ZAPPA Under the off-colour ‘folklore’ and mindblowing polyrhythms, what made rock’s ultimate refusenik really tick? Mark Paytress asks family and bandmates.

LITTLE RICHARD No-one is owed more by the music we still call rock’n’roll. But he wasn’t always thanked – least of all in his home town. David Fricke delivers the eulogy.

STEVE CROPPER The rhythmic right hand of southern soul on building Stax (literally), stumbling on Otis, hate mail from Neil Young fans and estrangement from Booker T.

THE GO-GO’s From punk to pop via drug madness and cash conflict: how the fairytale of Beauty And The Beat turned dark before the healing began. “What a f***ing career” indeed!

DION The Bronx-bred, angel-voiced tough guy of doo-wop survived heroin, heartbreak, Phil Spector and Buddy Holly’s plane. Now 80, he’s still standing, still singing his blues.

FONTAINES DC They’re the most exciting rock’n’roll band in the British Isles, but will their daring second album make or break them? “There’s a lot of stress,” they tell Keith Cameron.

REVIEWS Bob Dylan / Lianne La Havas / Willie Nelson / Pretenders / X / Bananagun / Grateful Dead / Ray LaMontagne / Céu / Jon Hassell / Brian Wilson & Van Dyke Parks / Buju Banton / The Jayhawks / Sophie / The Residents / The Beths / The Stooges / Peter Gabriel / Wire / Junior Byles / Phil Ochs

PLUS The Pretty Things’ Phil May: his last interview / In the studio with Cat Stevens/Yusuf Islam / The unseen Robert Johnson / Blake Mills and Chronixx are Rising / How To Buy… Yo La Tengo / In lockdown with Glen Matlock and Earl Slick / Shirley Collins – up and down with Davey Graham / Robert Pollard vs The Beastie Boys: it’s a hoops off! / Farewell Florian Schneider, Dave Greenfield, Jimmy Cobb, Betty Wright…

--

Ansicht von 15 Beiträgen - 331 bis 345 (von insgesamt 355)

Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.