Britpop

Ansicht von 13 Beiträgen - 31 bis 43 (von insgesamt 43)
  • Autor

prince-kajuku

:-)

--

So mister D. J. ...play just one for me. You know the one...with the crashin' and the screams.[/FONT][/FONT]
    Highlights von Rolling-Stone.de
    Werbung
    #5678491  | PERMALINK

britte

Prince KajukuNaja ich finde eher, daß ich mich ab heute Erfinder des Begriffes B R I T R O C K nennen sollte, ha. :feier:

PAH ! So bezeichne ich den stiel meiner band schon seit anfang an (ca 9 monate), bist also zu spät ! :P

--

#5678493  | PERMALINK

themagneticfield

Britrock ist ja nun wirklich nicht neu und sowas von das Gegenteil von innovativ(gegrifflich) und nebenbei so ausgelutscht (stilistisch), dass ich den Stil meiner Band aber lieber ganz schnell umbennen würde ;-)

--

"Man kann nicht verhindern, dass man verletzt wird, aber man kann mitbestimmen von wem. Was berührt, das bleibt!
    #5678495  | PERMALINK

herr-rossi
    -

Einen Stiel kann man durchaus „Britrock“ nennen, mit Stil hat das ja nichts zu tun.;-)

--

#5678497  | PERMALINK

prince-kajuku

:lol:

Herr RossiEinen Stiel kann man durchaus „Britrock“ nennen, mit Stil hat das ja nichts zu tun.;-)

--

So mister D. J. ...play just one for me. You know the one...with the crashin' and the screams.[/FONT][/FONT]
    #5678499  | PERMALINK

britte

TheMagneticFieldBritrock ist ja nun wirklich nicht neu und sowas von das Gegenteil von innovativ(gegrifflich) und nebenbei so ausgelutscht (stilistisch), dass ich den Stil meiner Band aber lieber ganz schnell umbennen würde ;-)

Zitat von Herr Rossi Beitrag anzeigen
    Einen Stiel kann man durchaus „Britrock“ nennen, mit Stil hat das ja nichts zu tun.

Tja magnet, ich nehma mal an, wenn du z.b einen bart hättest, und irgendein ein weib was dir gefällt, würde ihre einwende gegen dsa gesichtshaar kund tun, du wärst wahrscheinlich ganz schnell im bad am rasierer zu gange … traurig ;(

Man merkt schon, die musikalische gurus … kleine nachhilfe, es gibt einige konstanten im universum, eine davon; „Das beste ist meistens das einfachste“

Mehr sag ich dazu mal nicht.

--

#5678501  | PERMALINK

weilstein

Britte
    Mehr sag ich dazu mal nicht.

Versprichst Du uns das?

--

#5678503  | PERMALINK

marbeck
    Keine Lust, mir etwas auszudenken

http://www.mojo4music.com/blog/2009/06/mojo_classic_britpop_special.html

erscheint am 10.06.

--

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." - George Best --- Dienstags und donnerstags, ab 20 Uhr, samstags ab 20.30 Uhr: Radio StoneFM
    #5678505  | PERMALINK

brundlefly

Ich höre zur Zeit wieder sehr oft:

Echobelly – On
    Elastica – Elastica
    The Boo Radleys – Wake Up

(alle von 1995)

:laola0: :lala:

--

http://hyphish.wordpress.com "Every generation has its one defining moment. We are yours."
    #5678507  | PERMALINK

janpp

Vielleicht liest ja nicht jeder den Radio-thread, deswegen hier jetzt nochmal Werbung für meine Britpop/Britrock-Sendung, jetzt gerade auf ByteFM:
    http://www.byte.fm/index.php?cont=sendungen_detail&sendung=123&termin=24258

--

RAUSCHEN Akustische Irritationen aus Folk, Jazz & beyond. Jeden 2. und 4. Dienstag, 19 Uhr. Auf Tide 96.0. http://www.mixcloud.com/Rauschen/[/URL]
    #5678509  | PERMALINK

chocolate-milk

20 Years Of Britpop

„The first time I saw Blur was on September 29, 1994, at the old Academy Theatre on 43rd St. in Manhattan. That place has been shut down now since 1996, but I’d guess it held … 1200 people? 1300? In any case, it was a relatively intimate room, and as I recall, that show wasn’t even sold out. This was the last night of an 8-date North American tour on which Blur had embarked in support of their then-new third LP, Parklife. They were joined on that trek by support act Pulp, who were also promoting a new album, His ‚N‘ Hers. The timing was good: Both albums had been received fairly rapturously by the UK media after being released within a week of one another: His ‚N‘ Hers came out on April 18, 1994, and Parklife dropped the following Monday.

If you were trying to identify a single week in which the thing called „Britpop“ burst into bloom, you’d probably have to point to that stretch of mid-April 1994. (Actually, you could probably start the clock a week earlier, on April 11, 1994: the day Oasis‘ debut single, „Supersonic,“ was released.) This was not, crucially, the birth of Britpop (more on that later), but it was the moment at which these many disparate musical things of British origin became a single one. Suddenly there was no more baggy or Madchester or shoegaze: Countless extant bands with monosyllabic monikers (Verve/Suede/Lush/James/Ride) were swept into this new movement; countless new ones (Cast/Ash/Shack/Space/Gene) seemed to arrive immediately afterward, as if coming off an assembly line.

For a music-obsessed college kid in New York City, this was a joyous moment in which to exist. Every day brought with it new discoveries. Those discoveries weren’t limited to Britpop, naturally – there was a lot of great music being made in 1994 – but something about Britpop inspired a different sort of devotion. It was a community, an identity. I spent the better part of the second half of the ’90s working at the tiny Greenwich Village record store Rebel Rebel, which was New York City’s best source for British music (and it remains so to this day!), and I saw it firsthand. One of my co-workers at Rebel was a kid named Arty Shepherd, who today plays in the band Primitive Weapons and co-owns the Greenpoint bar St. Vitus. Back then, Arty and I used to pull these bootleg Blur photobooks off the shelves at the store and bring them around the corner to Thomas David Salon, where we’d show the stylist pictures of Blur frontman Damon Albarn, requesting the same haircut (or the closest approximation possible) for ourselves. We weren’t the only ones. I remember, at the Blur/Pulp show, my friend Kevin walking up to some random stranger in the crowd and asking if he was „the singer from Oasis.“ Of course he wasn’t; he was just another lookalike, like all of us. Less than six months later, Kevin and I went to see Oasis, touring for Definitely Maybe, at that same Academy Theatre, where the guy working security at the load-in entrance tried to open the door for us because he thought we were in the band. I remember one day at Rebel Rebel, when some seriously skeevy dude asked me, Arty, and another Brit-obsessed co-worker – all of us in our early 20s – if we’d be interested in doing some „modeling,“ in which we’d dress (and presumably undress) in the style of Blur. I also remember our revulsion came only after we discussed which one of us would most likely get to be Damon.

I’m confident in saying no city in the world, outside London itself, boasted a more frantic and fervent Britpop scene than New York. We had record stores that stocked import CDs and magazines, and clothing stores that sold brands like Fred Perry and Merc. Big British bands would come here – here, before any other city in North America – to play small clubs. In the pre-internet world, this degree of access to information, fashion, and art was rare, and it was intoxicating. Blur’s music openly mocked American culture (or lack thereof), but as a young and jaded American, it wasn’t hard to see where they were coming from. On these shores, Britpop was the elitist’s alternative to „Alternative,“ which had grown dull and depressing and diluted. Kurt Cobain had killed himself; Beck was singing, „I’m a loser, baby, so why don’t you kill me?“ Oasis, meanwhile, were singing, „You and I, we’re gonna live forever.““

[…] Stereogum

--

#5678511  | PERMALINK

brundlefly

chocolate milk20 Years Of Britpop

Das Thema wird ja gerade intensivst in der britischen Musikpresse beackert. Hier quasi der anti-triumphalistische Standpunkt vom früheren Melody Maker-Schreiber Taylor Parkes: A British Disaster: Blur’s Parklife, Britpop, Princess Di & The 1990s.

--

http://hyphish.wordpress.com "Every generation has its one defining moment. We are yours."
    #10108751  | PERMALINK

hadschihalefsoma
    Bunte Kreise

What killed Brit Pop? Tony Blair, Princess Di oder radiohead? 12 Theorien zum Thema: http://www.nme.com/photos/what-killed-britpop-12-theories-from-radiohead-to-tony-blair-1411374/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

--

Ansicht von 13 Beiträgen - 31 bis 43 (von insgesamt 43)

Schlagwörter: 

Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.