Luke Haines

Ansicht von 15 Beiträgen - 76 bis 90 (von insgesamt 92)
  • Autor

marbeck
    Keine Lust, mir etwas auszudenken

Auteurs-Alben werden auf Vinyl wiederveröffentlicht. Aus dem Newsletter von Reflex:

Auteurs – Now I’m A Cowboy – 3 Loop Music reissue of cherished Auteurs album – LP – £17.99
    Auteurs – How I Learned To Love The Bootboys – 3 Loop Music reissue of cherished Auteurs album – LP – £17.99
    Auteurs – After Murder Park – 3 Loop Music reissue of cherished Auteurs album – LP – £17.99

--

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." - George Best --- Dienstags und donnerstags, ab 20 Uhr, samstags ab 20.30 Uhr: Radio StoneFM
    Highlights von Rolling-Stone.de
    Werbung
    #942901  | PERMALINK

candycolouredclown

Schöne Sache!

--

Flow like a harpoon daily and nightly
    #942903  | PERMALINK

katsche

Muss man lesen, um es zu glauben:
    http://hainesoutsidermusic.blogspot.co.uk/

Kurzfassung:
    Er hat sein neues Album 75mal aufgenommen.
    Jede der 75 CDs verkauft er jetzt für 75 Pfund.
    Er ist jetzt sehr müde.

--

#942905  | PERMALINK

marbeck

Danke für den Tipp, ich habe mal bestellt.

--

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." - George Best --- Dienstags und donnerstags, ab 20 Uhr, samstags ab 20.30 Uhr: Radio StoneFM
    #942907  | PERMALINK

marbeck

… und ein Exemplar ergattert.

--

#942909  | PERMALINK

marbeck

Mein Exemplar von „Raving“ ist heute angekommen. :-)

--

#942911  | PERMALINK

marbeck

Es gibt ein neues Album. Luke Haines goes Kraftwerk.

British Nuclear Bunkers – the new album by Luke Haines will be released on 16th October – Maximum Electronic Rock N Roll

Our friends at The Quietus have just exclusively revealed details of the next album – British Nuclear Bunkers will be released on 16th October via Cherry Red Records and you can check out the title track here.
    Beneath the surface of the UK lies a vast and secret network of abandoned nuclear bunkers. Sometime in the future the population of Great Britain has retreated into these bunkers. The reason for this exodus is not clear. Nuclear attack? Chemical attack? Germ warfare? Or perhaps even free will. What is known is that beneath the surface, in the bunkers, people live the utopian dream, communicating wordlessly via a highly developed new subconsciousness. There is no need for money and food is plentiful. The old gods have been forgotten. People now offer prayer to a piece of silverware, referred to as the ‘New Pagan Sun’, found in a bunker at Stoke on Trent, near to the location of the 1980 Darts World Championship final between Eric Bristow and Bobby George.
    British Nuclear Bunkers is the new album by Luke Haines. It was recorded using entirely analogue synthesisers. Apart from an occasional vocal the only organic sound used is a recording of Camden Borough Control Bunker being attacked late at night by Luke Haines.

Maximum Electronic Rock and Roll.

[IMG]http://www.cherryred.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/BritishNuclearBunkers-400×400.jpg
    British Nuclear Bunkers will be released by Cherry Red Records on October 16th 2015. It will be available on CD, Vinyl (with a free 7′ single) and the usual digital outlets.

Video:

--

#942913  | PERMALINK

sokrates
    Bound By Beauty

Schwer zu sagen, was ich gruseliger finde: Das Cover (Haines als Gorilla, die wir doch alle sind, how funny), das Thema des Albums (das alberne Bunkerszenario) oder die Ankündigung der Musik (alles Keyboards). Da leg‘ ich doch erstmal ’ne alte Auteurs-Platte auf.

--

„Weniger, aber besser.“ D. Rams
    #10025745  | PERMALINK

marbeck

Das neueste Album habe ich glatt verpasst. Luke Haines scheint aber auch hier im Forum keinen mehr zu interessieren.

‘Smash The System’ by Luke Haines is the first none concept album by Luke Haines in 6 years. Following on from such critically acclaimed works as ‘Nine and a half psychedelic meditations on British wrestling from the late 1970s and early ’80s’ (2010) ‘New York In The ’70s’ (2014) and last years electronic ‘British Nuclear Bunkers’.

For ‘Smash The System’ think ‘Hunky ‘Dory’ or Sabbath’s eponymous debut played on pixiephones and Moog, Graham Bond Organisation, (if they’d been any good) Haines’ own 1996 classic ‘Baader Meinhof’, Or Sunn 0))) at the school disco with tunes. As you have no doubt guessed, ‘Smash The System is a Ritual Magick agit prop call to arms. So, sisters and brothers break out the psychic ammo and call the New Gods: Eric Bristow, Giant Haystacks, and Brian Jacks; we petition you with prayer.

We the under-signed smear ourselves with the menstrual blood of Ulrike Meinhof and raise our horns to the mythical Black Bunny. Praise to the Power Of The Witch. Death to the middle brow. Realise self actualisation now! Vince Taylor did not die! Exalt the vagina and always keep a little Marc in your heart.

‘Do you like the Monkees?’ Yeah? Then Smash The System. Dig.

Bei Cherry Red noch auf Vinyl zu bekommen:

http://www.cherryred.co.uk/product/smash-the-system-strictly-limited-edition-12-vinyl-2/

Der Titeltrack gefällt mir sehr gut:

--

#10025761  | PERMALINK

marbeck

Gerade gesehen, dass „Smash the System“ gar nicht das letzte Album ist.

Dawn of the drones. Rock ‘n’ Roll is essentially frequencies. And frequencies are all drones.

After recording my latest album for Cherry Red ‘Smash The System’ I still had the itch to record more. So I sat down with a Moog Werkstaat 001 synthesiser and did exactly that. The Moog (it’s pronounced Moog not Moge – fucker) has ‘the filter.’ If you wanna go deep ‘freq’ you need ‘the filter.’ So here’s the science bit: The Moog can hit frequencies so low that it could stun a cow at 50 ft, and so high that it could kill a dog on a Jumbo Jet. But of course any fool can record drones – so I put an end to that…

In July I trademarked the frequency 43 hertz. 43 hertz is an audible frequency just above a sub sonic. It can be heard in all electronic music, and pretty much all music apart from James Galway’s greatest hits. To put it bluntly, If you are recording music or intend to release music in the future or have released music in the past then you probably owe me money. You’ll keep though. On with the show –

The first ‘side’ of ‘Freqs’ (‘Warning To The Freqs’ and ‘Freqs 1- 4’) are all drone experiments. I have no idea what you are supposed to do when listening to this ‘music.’ Maybe take heroin.

The second ‘side’ of ‘Freqs’ (tracks 6 – 10) is the ‘pop’ side. ‘Freqs’ now becomes a ‘meta’ album. It’s the story of what happens when a man (Luke Haines) effectively controls all sound. So, the freaks (or freqs) now inhabit a ‘Ruined Airport’ somewhere in eastern Britain. (eastern Britain is now located where Denmark used to be) In ‘Ruined Airport’ the planes come in, and so do the freaks (freqs) but no-one can ever leave…

Freq Out, boys n gals. ‘Freqs’ is out Friday 11th November and comes free with Electronic Sound Magazine. It can not be sold separately.

Find out more here: http://electronicsound.co.uk/product/es24print/

This article is taken from Luke’s Outsider Music Blog

--

#10036989  | PERMALINK

marbeck

Heute kam das „Electronic Sound“ Magazin mit der exklusiven CD „Freqs“. Angesichts der Beschreibung der Tracks im Heft von Luke Haines selbst, traue ich mich noch nicht, sie anzuhören. ;-)

--

#10286491  | PERMALINK

marbeck

Neue Compilation auf Cherry Red:

Track List:

DISC ONE
    1. DISCOMANIA
    2. HOW TO HATE THE WORKING CLASSES
    3. ENGLAND SCOTLAND AND WALES
    4. THE OLIVER TWIST MANIFESTO
    5. NEVER WORK
    6. DEATH OF SARAH LUCAS
    7. THE MITFORD SISTERS ^
    8. SATAN WANTS ME ^
    9. BUGGER BOGNOR ^
    10. OFF MY ROCKER AT THE ART SCHOOL BOP (Album Version)
    11. LEEDS UNITED
    12. COUNTRY LIFE
    13. BOVVER BOYS
    14. QUEEN ELIZABETH I
    15. ALL THE ENGLISH DEVILS
    16. THE WALTON HOP
    17. BAD REPUTATION (THE GLITTER BAND)
    18. ENGLISH SOUTHERN MAN
    19. 21ST CENTURY MAN

^ Luke Haines & The Auteurs

DISC TWO
    1. SUBURBAN MOURNING
    2. KLAUS KINSKI
    3. PETER HAMMILL
    4. RUSSIAN FUTURISTS BLACK OUT THE SUN
    5. FAG BREAK
    6. INSIDE THE RESTLESS MIND OF ROLLERBALL ROCCO
    7. GORGEOUS GEORGE
    8. SATURDAY AFTERNOON
    9. BIG DADDY GOT A CASIO V L TONE
    10. HAYSTACKS’ IN HEAVEN
    11. I’M NOT THE MAN YOU THINK I AM KAREN, I’M THE ACTOR TONY ALLEN ~
    12. THE MORRIS MAN COMETH ~
    13. ENOCH POWELL – SPACE POET ~
    14. ROCK ‘N’ ROLL ANIMALS
    15. MAGIC INTERLUDE 1
    16. GENE VINCENT (ROCK N ROLL MUMS AND ROCK N ROLL DADS)
    17. A BADGER CALLED NICK LOWE
    18. ANGEL OF THE NORTH
    19. FROM HERSHAM TO HEAVEN
    20. ROCK ‘N’ ROLL ANIMALS IN SPACE

~ by North Sea Scrolls

DISC THREE
    1. LOU REED LOU REED
    2. ALAN VEGA SAYS
    3. NY IN THE ’70S
    4. BILL’S BUNKER
    5. DOLLS FOREVER
    6. CERNE ABBAS MAN
    7. CARAVAN MAN
    8. ADVENTURES IN DEMENTIA
    9. BRITISH NUCLEAR BUNKERS
    10. TEST CARD FOREVER
    11. PUSSY WILLOW (KIDS’ SONG)
    12. COLD FIELD MORNING UNDER BLISS
    13. NEW PAGAN SUN
    14. ULRIKE MEINHOF’S BRAIN IS MISSING
    15. BOMBER JACKET
    16. MARC BOLAN BLUES
    17. THE INCREDIBLE STRING BAND
    18. SMASH THE SYSTEM
    19. ARE YOU MAD?

DISC FOUR
    1. BLACK SUN (Early Band Demo) *
    2. PROPERTY *
    3. 1963 *
    4. DANDIFICATION *
    5. BOMBER HARRIS *
    6. BUILDING FOR BRITAIN IN THE ’70S *
    7. OFF MY ROCKER AT THE ART SCHOOL BOP (Richard X Single Mix)
    8. I AM THE BEST ARTIST/ SKINNY WHITE GIRLS
    9. SUBURBAN MOURNING *
    10. KLAUS KINSKI *
    11. 21ST CENTURY MAN *

Tracks 9-11 BBC Session

12. ME AND THE BIRDS
    13. THIS IS OUTSIDER MUSIC *
    14. NATURAL MYSTIC FURRY FREAKS
    15. JOHN BARLEYCORN MUST DIE
    16. JEFF STARSHIP SUPERHERO
    17. ELECTRONIC TONE POEM
    18. HACK GREEN
    19. CHRIS FROM THE STARS*
    20. 68P IN MY POCKET*
    21. RAVE *

* Previously Unissued

--

#10526311  | PERMALINK

marbeck

Neues Album, erschienen schon im Mai.

Luke Haines: I Sometimes Dream Of Glue

Limited Edition Vinyl LP

Cherry Red Records

‘I Sometimes Dream Of Glue’ is the next solo concept album by Luke Haines (The Auteurs, Baader Meinhof and Black Box Recorder).

This 12” vinyl edition is strictly limited to just three hundred copies worldwide. ‘I Sometimes Dream Of Glue’ is also available on CD and digital formats

£15.99

It started sometime after World War II – in the late 1940’s. A convoy of British Special Services trucks had been dispatched to RAF Middlewych, their cargo – 10 tonnes of experimental solvent liquid. Sticky and deadly. The mission – to drop the toxic liquid over Germany and finish the job of carving up Europe for good. The trucks never made it to their airfield destination, coming off the road – most probably helped by saboteurs – some five miles out of London…

‘I Sometimes Dream Of Glue’ is the next solo concept album by Luke Haines (The Auteurs, Baader Meinhof and Black Box Recorder).

Just off the Westway, in the motorway sidings, you can see a small sign. Actually you probably can’t see the sign as it is the size of a child’s fingernail clipping. The sign says ‘Glue Town.’ The name of a village. There is little or no documentation of Glue Town. You will not find any information about it on the 21st Century internet. Gluetown is a rural settlement born out of mutation. Of the estimated 500 or so dwellers, no one is thought to be over 2 1⁄2 inches tall. The citizens of Glue Town exist on a diet of solvent abuse and perpetual horniness. The residents only leave to carry out daring night-time ‘glue raids’ on Shepherds Bush newsagent shops. On a tiny screen in the town centre, an old Betamax cassette of ‘Michael Bentine’s Pottytime’ plays on a loop all day and all night. The reduced size villagers go about their daily business pondering whether the lessons of Pottytime can show them a way out of their drudge lives of sexual abandonment and human sacrifice…

This 12” vinyl edition is strictly limited to just three hundred copies worldwide. ‘I Sometimes Dream Of Glue’ is also available on CD and digital formats

Luke will be announcing UK live dates to complement the album release. Dates and venues to be confirmed.

SIDE ONE
    1. ANGRY MAN ON SMALL TRAIN
    2. I FELL IN LOVE WITH AN OO SCALE WIFE
    3. I SOMETIMES DREAM OF GLUE
    4. SHE WAS AS RIPE AS A MEADOW
    5. THE SUBBUTEO LADS
    6. SOLVENTS CURE THE EGO
    7. AT IT WITH THE TREE SURGEON’S WIFE

SIDE TWO
    1. THE GARDEN GATE
    2. EVERYBODY’S COMING TOGETHER FOR THE SUMMER
    3. OH MICHAEL
    4. ONLY THE STONES WILL KNOW
    5. EVERYBODY’S COMING TOGETHER (PART 2)
    6. FAT BIRD FROM THE WOODCRAFT FOLK
    7. WE COULD DO IT

--

#10526331  | PERMALINK

marbeck

Ich habe keinen ordentlichen Band-Thread gefunden daher hier:

Black Box Recorder haben sich wiedervereint, zumindest im Rahmen eines Luke-Haines-Konzertes im May 2018:

Child Psychology

England Made Me

--

#11010469  | PERMALINK

marbeck

Ich schreibe in diesem Thread ja nur noch für mich selbst, trotzdem: Neues Album und Konzerte mit Peter Buck (ex R.E.M)

Beat Poetry For Survivalists is the new collaboration between Peter Buck & Luke Haines.

Peter Buck was the guitarist for the biggest band in the world – REM.

Luke Haines was the guitarist for the Auteurs. The Auteurs were not the biggest band in the world. They were pretty good though.

Luke Haines also does paintings of Lou Reed.

One day, Peter Buck bought one of Luke Haines’ Lou Reed paintings. They had never met before but decided that the fates had brought them together and they should write some songs together and make an album.

‘Beat Poetry For The Survivalist’ is that album. With songs about legendary rocket scientist and occultist Jack Parsons, The Enfield Hauntings (of 1978), a post-apocalyptic radio station that only plays Donovan records, Bigfoot, and Pol Pot.

Luke Haines and Peter Buck will be touring the UK in April 2020, including Hebden Bridge Trade’s Club on 13th April and two shows at 100 Club in London on the 15th and 16th April.

The album will also available on limited edition vinyl and across digital platforms.

TRACK LISTING

1. JACK PARSONS
    2. APOCALYPSE BEACH
    3. LAST OF THE LEGENDARY BIGFOOT HUNTERS
    4. BEAT POETRY FOR THE SURVIVALIST
    5. WITCH TARIFF
    6. ANDY WARHOL WAS NOT KIND
    7. FRENCH MAN GLAM GANG
    8. UGLY DUDE BLUES
    9. BOBBY’S WILD YEARS
    10. ROCK ‘N’ ROLL AMBULANCE

Preorder:
    https://www.cherryred.co.uk/artist/luke-haines-peter-buck/

--

Ansicht von 15 Beiträgen - 76 bis 90 (von insgesamt 92)

Schlagwörter: 

Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.