Emerson, Lake & Palmer

Ansicht von 15 Beiträgen - 46 bis 60 (von insgesamt 69)
  • Autor

tarkus

BRAIN SALAD SURGERY

http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/6315486/Brain-Salad-Surgery-35th-Anniversary-Deluxe-Edition-2CD-SACD/Product.html hat jetzt das 3erSet gelistet (wenn auch mit verworrenen Titelangaben -> „Disc 3, Side 3“ ????):

Disc 1
    Jerusalem
    Toccata
    Still…You Turn Me On
    Benny The Bouncer
    Karn Evil 9 1st Impression Part 1
    Karn Evil 9 1st Impression Part 2
    Karn Evil 9: 2nd Impression
    Karn Evil 9: 3rd Impression

Disc 2
    When The Apple Blossoms Bloom In The Windmills Of
    Your Mind I’ll Be Your Valentine
    Brain Salad Surgery
    Karn Evil 9: 3rd Impression Original Backing Track
    Jerusalem First Mix
    Still…You Turn Me On First Mix
    Toccata Alt Version
    Karn Evil 9 1st Impression Part 1 Unreleased Until 35th Anniversary Version
    Karn Evil 9 1st Impression Part 2 Unreleased Until 35th Anniversary Version
    Karn Evil 9: 2nd Impression Unreleased Until 35th Anniversary Version
    Karn Evil 9: 3rd Impression Unreleased Until 35th Anniversary Version
    Brain Salad Surgery From The NME Flexidisc 1973 – Excerpts From Brain Salad Surgery From The NME Flexidisc 1973

Disc 3 – SACD
    Jerusalem
    Toccata
    Still…You Turn Me On
    Benny The Bouncer
    Karn Evil 9 1st Impression Part 1
    Karn Evil 9 1st Impression Part 2
    Karn Evil 9: 2nd Impression
    Karn Evil 9: 3rd Impression
    Jerusalem SACD Stereo
    Toccata SACD Stereo
    Still…You Turn Me On SACD Stereo
    Benny The Bouncer SACD Stereo
    Karn Evil 9 1st Impression Part 1 SACD Stereo
    Karn Evil 9 1st Impression Part 2 SACD Stereo
    Karn Evil 9: 2nd Impression SACD Stereo
    Karn Evil 9: 3rd Impression SACD Stereo

Disc 3 – Side 3
    Title Additional Info
    Jerusalem 5.1 Mix
    Toccata 5.1 Mix
    Still…You Turn Me On 5.1 Mix
    Benny The Bouncer 5.1 Mix
    Karn Evil 9 1st Impression Part 1 5.1 Mix
    Karn Evil 9 1st Impression Part 2 5.1 Mix
    Karn Evil 9: 2nd Impression 5.1 Mix
    Karn Evil 9: 3rd Impression 5.1 Mix

--

Highlights von Rolling-Stone.de
    Werbung
    #5358585  | PERMALINK

macclaus

Was jetzt… ist es ein 2er oder 3er Set?

--

#5358587  | PERMALINK

macclaus

TARKUSein sehr sauberes (Re-)Mastering, die meiner Meinung nach die bisherigen VÖs in Europa in den Schatten stellt.

????????????????????????????

BSS ist das „schlechteste“ aller SF Remaster. Vergleiche mal die Tonhöhe der ersten Tracks gegen Karn Evil 9. Klingt als wäre ein Vorhang vor den Lautsprechern :roll:

--

#5358589  | PERMALINK

Anonym
    Inaktiv

MacClaus????????????????????????????

BSS ist das „schlechteste“ aller SF Remaster. Vergleiche mal die Tonhöhe der ersten Tracks gegen Karn Evil 9. Klingt als wäre ein Vorhang vor den Lautsprechern :roll:

Tja, das war schon eine üble Überraschung nach den sehr guten SF-Veröffentlichungen des Debuts und von Trilogy:

http://forum.rollingstone.de/showpost.php?p=1475890&postcount=13

--

#5358591  | PERMALINK

tarkus

www.music-wow.com hat jetzt beide ReIssues ins Angebot aufgenommen:

PICTURES AT AN EXHIBITION (2CD Deluxe Edition) – 13.33 EUR – http://www.music-wow.com/shop-item_details.php?id=UNI%208518

BRAIN SALAD SURGERY (Deluxe 2CD+SACD Edition) – 17.33 EUR – http://www.music-wow.com/shop-item_details.php?id=UNI%208519

--

#5358593  | PERMALINK

tarkus

Jetzt ist auch der Auftritt von ELP beim letztjährigen HIGH VOLTAGE – Festival auf DVD und BD (Hinweis: die US-BD scheint RegioCodeFree zu sein – zumindest meine, die über PLANETAXEL (ehemals: AXELMUSIC) gekommen ist).

Hierzu ‚mal ein Review der DVD von DPRP:

Emerson Lake & Palmer – 40th Anniversary Reunion Concert [DVD]

Tracklist: Karn Evil 9: 1st Impression – Part 2, The Barbarian, Bitches Crystal, Knife Edge, From The Beginning, Touch And Go, Take A Pebble segue Tarkus: (Eruption | Stones Of Years | Mass | Battlefield | Aquatarkus), Farewell To Arms, Lucky Man, Pictures At An Exhibition: (Promenade | Gnome | The Sage | The Hut Of Baba Yaga | The Great Gates Of Kiev), Fanfare For The Common Man | Drum Solo | Rondo Bonus Material: Nicky Horne’s interviews with Keith Emerson, Greg Lake and Carl Palmer, interviews with various managers, archivist Tony Ortiz and music journalist Chris Welch

The temptation to open this review with the now immortal Sinfield/Lake lyrics that open Karn Evil 9: 1st Impression – Part 2 was tempting, however Ladies and Gentlemen… this may well be our last chance to witness these three pioneers of the progressive rock movement in action. A band that have sold almost 40-50 million albums, written hit songs as well as composing epic tracks. Icons of the progressive rock movement who have influenced generations of musicians and I’m sure will live long in the annals of music, whatever genre. The fact that they reformed to play at High Voltage surprised and delighted many and for those, like myself, who were unable to be at the concert then this DVD is an absolute must. A chance to see Keith, Greg and Carl celebrate a forty years of ELP.

And that is what this concert is/was about – a celebration. A band paying one final tribute to their fans…

On a personal note this is also a chance for me to share in this celebration. As a young teenager I was dabbling with Purple, Heep, Sabbath, Zeppelin and so on, each week travelling into town to buy a new album. On one such weekend I bought an album with a flighted dove on the cover. Once at home and shortly after placing the album in the gramophone ;0) – those distorted bass notes resonated well in these ears. However it was in fact 4th March 1971 where my love of progressive rock really began. A close friend and myself had bought tickets for a concert at Stockton on Tees‘ Globe Theatre to see one Emerson Lake & Palmer in concert…

Bring on the celebrations!

So what is great for me to see on this DVD, amongst all the pyrotechnics, the stage sets and projections is those human moments – and those moments that remind me of what live music is about. This is not a flawless performance (I doubt the concert in March 71 was either). Greg is obviously not happy with the stage monitoring, Carl has issues with his drum kit after the drum stage revolves, Keith’s keyboards do not always cut through the mix, but through all these minor mishaps is a wonderful show, performed by three truly professional musicians.

As for the music – well much as you might expect really – extracts from Pictures and Tarkus – From The Beginning and Lucky Man are there of course. Fanfare For The Common Man which of course features Carl’s drum solo and concludes with Rondo. The rousing Touch & Go is a big crowd pleaser – the footage of which reveals an emotionally charged audience, revelling in the concert. There are even some young people in there ;0). Bitches Crystal is a nice inclusion as is Farewell To Arms.

Highlights: Well there are many, but to pick just a few. Great to hear so much from the first album with only The Three Fates and Tank being AWOL. The already mentioned Bitches Crystal. Keith’s piano solo leading into Tarkus (on piano). Tarkus itself. And then there’s Pictures At An Exhibition loved by many, reviled by others. I fall into the former category… as hot on the heels of my first ever concert I travelled to Newcastle City Hall on 26th March 1971 and, well, the rest is history. The more concise version here is splendid and the reworked The Sage delightful.

Disappointments: Well the band were delayed getting on stage – so it would be interesting to know what the „missing twenty minutes or so“ of their set might have been? Or maybe not… no don’t tell me! Not really a disappointment but something a little more from the oft overlooked Trilogy album. Or sacrificing Fanfare, (sorry folks but I could live without another version of this), for a version of Pirates which was such a highlight from their 25th Anniversary celebrations.

The concert footage seems to be a fairly true representation of the gig and there seems to be little in the way of editing, although Fanfare seems to be chopped rather clumsily. Keith’s keyboards suffer soundwise here and there, and there are few minor glitches (Pictures…). But hey I’m just nit picking here. As our trio emerged on stage at dusk the stage lighting is less effective at the beginning, but in true ELP style captures the show to a tee.

As for the bonus material. The interviews with Keith, Greg and Carl are interesting, thoughtful if not too searching. I was a little disappointed, in light of the nature of the concert, that the band didn’t do a joint interview. Now this may not have been possible, but certainly would have been the icing on the cake. Interesting to hear Greg say that the band still have unfinished potential?

Before I conclude this review. I’ve read criticisms about Emerson Lake & Palmer’s performance at High Voltage and those who say the band are not the band they were. Well this may well be true – however they set such high standards. So here I would say – go look in the mirror and ask the aging, likely balding and somewhat larger framed figure in front of you and ask – what am I able to do as well or better now, than I could forty years ago?

So folks – a thoroughly entertaining and highly recommended concert captured on DVD.

Conclusion: Impossible for me to rate…

Persönliche Anmerkungen: Der Sound ist nicht mit den DirectRecordings von CONCERTLIVE zu vergleichen, da um Längen besser. Lake gleicht wirklich einem Honigkuchen … hat auch hier und dort einige Schwierigkeiten, wie Emerson wohl auch. Als altem ELP-Fan sind mir doch tatsächlich fast die Tränen gekommen …

--

#5358595  | PERMALINK

pink-nice

TARKUS

Persönliche Anmerkungen: Der Sound ist nicht mit den DirectRecordings von CONCERTLIVE zu vergleichen, da um Längen besser. Lake gleicht wirklich einem Honigkuchen … hat auch hier und dort einige Schwierigkeiten, wie Emerson wohl auch. Als altem ELP-Fan sind mir doch tatsächlich fast die Tränen gekommen …

Die jetzige klingt besser,oder?
    …Tränen der Rührung oder weil es doch nicht so dolle ist?

--

Wenn ich meinen Hund beleidigen will nenne ich ihn Mensch. (AS) „Weißt du, was ich manchmal denke? Es müsste immer Musik da sein. Bei allem was du machst. Und wenn's so richtig Scheiße ist, dann ist wenigstens noch die Musik da. Und an der Stelle, wo es am allerschönsten ist, da müsste die Platte springen und du hörst immer nur diesen einen Moment.“
    #5358597  | PERMALINK

section31

pink-niceDie jetzige klingt besser,oder? …

Die DVD/BD klingt merklich besser als die CD-Rs … !!

pink-nice… …Tränen der Rührung oder weil es doch nicht so dolle ist?

Der „Rührung“ … natürlich … erster Auftritt seit einer Ewigkeit.

--

#5358599  | PERMALINK

section31

Emerson Lake & Palmer: Live At The Mar Y Sol Festival ’72

Shout! Factory continues its campaign of archival ELP live releases with Live at the Mar Y Sol Festival ’72, the first-ever official release of this Emerson Lake & Palmer legendary concert.

With Keith Emerson on keyboards, Greg Lake on bass and vocals and Carl Palmer on drums, ELP broadened the audience for progressive rock. The band released a series of landmark albums in the 1970s, and several more in the ’90s after a 14-year hiatus.

Tracklist:

1 Hoedown
    2 Tarkus
    3 Take A Pebble
    4 Lucky Man
    5 Piano Improvisation
    6 Pictures At An Exhibition
    7 Rondo

http://www.shoutfactorystore.com/prod.aspx?pfid=5257623

--

#5358601  | PERMALINK

flashbackmagazine

Wie ja bereits an anderer Stelle innerhalb des Forums gepostet, sind die Rechte am Backcatalogue zu RAZOR & TIE gewechselt.

Mit „EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER“ und „TARKUS“ stehen demnächst sogar schon die ersten ReIssues an, wobei die Infos zum entsprechenden VÖ-Datum sich derzeit auf den 16.Juli einpendeln.

Das Remaster beider Alben wird von Steve Wilson vorgenommen, wie er im SteveHoffman-Forum bestätigt hat.

Beide Alben kommen jeweils als 3er-Set, wobei man sich hier an folgender „Struktur“ orientiert:

Disc 1:
    CD – with original mix in most recent remastered form

Disc 2:
    CD – with new stereo mix of the album and unreleased pieces and alternate takes found on the tapes

Disc 3:
    DVD – with 5.1 mix and all the stereo material

Links:

Emerson, Lake & Palmer
    http://www.amazon.de/Emerson-Lake-Palmer/dp/B007Q4Y9I2/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1335513131&sr=1-1

http://www.jpc.de/jpcng/poprock/detail/-/art/Emerson-Lake-Palmer-Emerson-Lake-Palmer/hnum/2632223

Tarkus
    http://www.amazon.de/Tarkus-Emerson-Lake-Palmer/dp/B007Q4Y9HS/ref=sr_1_2?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1335513161&sr=1-2

http://www.jpc.de/jpcng/poprock/detail/-/art/Emerson-Lake-Palmer-Tarkus/hnum/2632226

--

#5358603  | PERMALINK

Anonym
    Inaktiv

Na, da lag ich ja fast richtig. Steven Wilson hat sich allerdings die falschen Alben rausgesucht. Das Debüt im Shout Factory Remastering wird kaum zu toppen sein.

http://forum.rollingstone.de/showpost.php?p=2592562&postcount=137

Woher stammen Deine Infos? SWs Zwinkersmiley im SH-Forum bezog sich nur auf einen 5.1 Mix.
    Btw: Nach meiner Kenntnis hat „Razor“ nur die Rechte für die USA erstanden.

--

#5358605  | PERMALINK

peter-goebel

welche comp. von elp ist klanglich und von der titelauswahl zu empfehlen ?
    besitze bisher von sanctuary „elp – the ultimate collection“. kennt jemand
    die“ Essential“ von shout factory und kann etwas über das mastering sagen,
    soll ja angeblich bei shout – factory besser als bei sanctuary gelungen sein ?
    bitte um eine kurze info.:-)

--

#5358607  | PERMALINK

macclaus

Klanglich die Beste: The Atlantic Years (2 CD)… 1992… Mastering: Joe Gastwirt

--

#5358609  | PERMALINK

flashbackmagazine

So, die Detailinformationen liegen endlich vor:

EMERSON, LAKE & PALMER (2CD + DVD):

CD 1 – Emerson, Lake & Palmer (1970):

1. The Barbarian (4:33)
    2. Take A Pebble (12:34)
    3. Knife-Edge (5:08)
    4. The Three Fates (7:45)
    – a. Clotho (Royal Festival Hall Organ)
    – b. Lachesis (Piano Solo)
    – c. Atropos (Piano Trio)
    5. Tank (6:52)
    6. Lucky Man (4:36)

CD 2 – 2012 stereo mixes by Steven Wilson:

1. The Barbarian
    2. Take A Pebble
    3. Knife-Edge (with Extended Outro)
    4. Promenade
    5. The Three Fates: Atropos (Piano Trio)
    6. Rave Up
    7. Drum Solo
    8. Lucky Man
    9. Take A Pebble (Alternate Version)
    10. Knife-Edge (Alternate Version)
    11. Lucky Man(First Greg Lake Solo Version)
    12. Lucky Man (Alternate Version)

DVD – 2012 5.1 and hi-res stereo mixes by Steven Wilson:

1. The Barbarian – 2012 5.1 Mix
    2. Take A Pebble – 2012 5.1 Mix
    3. Knife-Edge – 2012 5.1 Mix
    4. The Three Fates: Atropos (Piano Trio) – 2012 5.1 Mix
    5. Rave Up – 2012 5.1 Mix
    6. Lucky Man – 2012 5.1 Mix
    7. The Barbarian – High Res 2012 Stereo Mix
    8. Take A Pebble – High Res 2012 Stereo Mix
    9. Knife-Edge – High Res 2012 Stereo Mix (with Extended Outro)
    10. Promenade – High Res 2012 Stereo Mix
    11. The Three Fates: Atropos (Piano Trio) – High Res 2012 Stereo Mix
    12. Rave Up – High Res 2012 Stereo Mix
    13. Drum Solo – High Res 2012 Stereo Mix
    14. Lucky Man – High Res 2012 Stereo Mix
    15. Take A Pebble – High Res 2012 Stereo Mix (Alternate Version)
    16. Knife-Edge – High Res 2012 Stereo Mix (Alternate Version)
    17. Lucky Man – High Res 2012 Stereo Mix (First Greg Lake Solo Version)
    18. Lucky Man – High Res 2012 Stereo Mix (Alternate Version)

TARKUS (2CD + DVD)

CD 1 – Tarkus (1971):

1. Tarkus (20:43)
    – a. Eruption (2:44)
    – b. Stones Of Years (3:44)
    – c. Iconoclast (1:16)
    – d. Mass (3:12)
    – e. Manticore (1:52)
    – f. Battlefield (3:51)
    – g. Aquatarkus (4:04)
    2. Jeremy Bender (1:51)
    3. Bitches Crystal (3:58)
    4. The Only Way (Hymn)(3:49)
    Toccata in F and Prelude VI (themes used in intro and bridge only)composed by: Bach
    5. Infinite Space (Conclusion)(3:20)
    6. A Time And A Place (3:02)
    7. Are You Ready Eddy? (2:10)

1. Tarkus
    – a. Eruption
    – b. Stones Of Years
    – c. Iconoclast
    – d. Mass
    – e. Manticore
    – f. Battlefield
    – g. Aquatarkus
    8. Oh, My Father
    9. Bitches Crystal
    10. The Only Way (Hymn)
    11. Infinite Space (Conclusion)
    12. A Time And A Place
    13. Unknown Ballad
    14. Mass (Alternate Take)

DVD – 2012 5.1 and hi-res stereo mixes by Steven Wilson:

1. Tarkus
    – a. Eruption
    – b. Stones Of Years
    – c. Iconoclast
    – d. Mass
    – e. Manticore
    – f. Battlefield
    – g. Aquatarkus
    8. Jeremy Bender [2012 5.1 Mix]
    9. Bitches Crystal [2012 5.1 Mix ]
    10. The Only Way (Hymn) [2012 5.1 Mix]
    11. Infinite Space (Conclusion) [2012 5.1 Mix]
    12. A Time And A Place [2012 5.1 Mix]
    13. Are You Ready Eddy? [2012 5.1 Mix]
    14. Tarkus
    – a. Eruption
    – b. Stones Of Years
    – c. Iconoclast
    – d. Mass
    – e. Manticore
    – f. Battlefield
    – g. Aquatarkus
    21. Jeremy Bender – [High Res 2012 Stereo Mix]
    22. Bitches Crystal – [High Res 2012 Stereo Mix]
    23. The Only Way (Hymn) – [High Res 2012 Stereo Mix]
    24. Infinite Space (Conclusion) – [High Res 2012 Stereo Mix]
    25. A Time And A Place – [High Res 2012 Stereo Mix]
    26. Are You Ready Eddy? – [High Res 2012 Stereo Mix]
    27. Oh, My Father – [High Res 2012 Stereo Mix]
    28. Unknown Ballad – [High Res 2012 Stereo Mix]
    29. Mass – [High Res 2012 Stereo Mix (Alternate Take)]

--

#5358611  | PERMALINK

pink-nice

FlashBackMagazine
    TARKUS (2CD + DVD)

CD 1 – Tarkus (1971):

1. Tarkus
    – a. Eruption
    – b. Stones Of Years
    – c. Iconoclast
    – d. Mass
    – e. Manticore
    – f. Battlefield
    – g. Aquatarkus
    8. Oh, My Father
    9. Bitches Crystal
    10. The Only Way (Hymn)
    11. Infinite Space (Conclusion)
    12. A Time And A Place
    13. Unknown Ballad
    14. Mass (Alternate Take)

SCHEIß die Wand an….meine TOP-Fave von Steve remastered…ich werd nicht mehr.
    HABEN!

--

Wenn ich meinen Hund beleidigen will nenne ich ihn Mensch. (AS) „Weißt du, was ich manchmal denke? Es müsste immer Musik da sein. Bei allem was du machst. Und wenn's so richtig Scheiße ist, dann ist wenigstens noch die Musik da. Und an der Stelle, wo es am allerschönsten ist, da müsste die Platte springen und du hörst immer nur diesen einen Moment.“
Ansicht von 15 Beiträgen - 46 bis 60 (von insgesamt 69)

Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.