Paul McCartney

Ansicht von 15 Beiträgen - 616 bis 630 (von insgesamt 1,100)
  • Autor

paul-valensi

buddy74Uppps, hört sich ja furchtbar an. So schlecht?

Naja. Finde die Platte nicht so übel wie Mick. Aber dafür, dass ich den Typen eigentlich vergöttere, muss ich sagen… mau. Nicht wegen des Ansatzes an sich. So ne bewusst eher seichte Bar-Jazz-Mucke hat der ja früher auch immer mal wieder aus dem Ärmel geschüttelt, nur dass es dann super war (When I’m 64, Honey Pie, oder solo: Baby’s request, das übrigens auch auf dem Album ist). Aber die Songs, die er für das Album ausgewählt hat, sind teilweise sehr öde oder eben leider wirklich nicht so spitze gesungen. Und ich halte McCartney, trotz seiner brüchiger werdenden Stimme (dafür singt der die Beatles-Klopfer immer noch in der Original-Tonart, wie Billy Joel bestaunt), für einen guten Sänger. Aber nicht für einen Crooner. Und seine selbst komponierte Single von dem Album, My Valentine, finde ich am schlimmsten. Wenn man bedenkt, wie stark die Solo-Sachen der letzten 20 jahre sind, ist die Platte… egal, hör sie dir an :-)

--

Stuck inside these four walls, sent inside forever never seeing no one nice again like you, mama...
    Highlights von Rolling-Stone.de
    Werbung
    #922343  | PERMALINK

rockingroll

--

#922345  | PERMALINK

rockingroll

Although McCartney is still in the very early stages of writing for his next project, he recently opened up to Rolling Stone about the music he’s been working on, and it sounds as though he might be contemplating a return to the electronic-fueled sounds of his Fireman side project, most recently active for 2008′s ‘Electric Arguments’ LP. Talking about his ongoing tinkering with the Cubase program in his home studio, he explained, “It’s incredibly addictive — I’ll just sit there for six hours, until someone has to nudge me and say, ‘Go home now.’ Normally I work on my orchestral side on that, but someone said to me, ‘You know what? That’s not technically an orchestral program. It’s more of a pop program.’ So when I had some time to do nothing, I went in and said, ‘Great. I’ll start on a dance track or something.’”

Armed with a new sequencer — technology that, as he reminded his interviewer, he’d used as far back as 1980′s ‘McCartney II’ — he got to work. “Over a week, I did a couple of tracks, and that reawakened my musical taste buds. I was really happy with those. They were just funky little experimental things, instrumentals,” he recalled. “The first one I did was kind of African, so I gave it the working title ‘Mombasa.’ The next one was faster, and that one I called ‘Botswana.’ It was a good week. It was funny, I was talking to Joe Walsh about this. He said, ‘Yeah, man, that’s the best — when it’s for nothing and it’s not important and it’s just experimental, you have the most fun. It’s really good for your soul, that stuff.’ And I agree. It was very freeing.”

Not that McCartney plans to share any of those new sounds anytime soon. “I’ve got a lot of songs that I’ve written, and some that I need to finish,” he mused when asked about a timetable. “There’s no fixed date, but at the back of my mind, I’ll be wanting to clear a few months for me to write up the most likely of the songs that I’ve got on the boil and figure out how I want to record them and what I want to do with them. But I haven’t booked any studio time. It’s all there as fun for the future.”
    http://ultimateclassicrock.com/paul-mccartney-experimental-new-music/

--

#922347  | PERMALINK

rockingroll

#922349  | PERMALINK

langelo-misterioso

Interessante Kombi, macht neugierig……

--

#922351  | PERMALINK

Anonym
    Inaktiv

#922353  | PERMALINK

langelo-misterioso

Venus and Mars war die erste Wings Platte die ich mir gekauft habe als sie rauskam….und ich konnte nicht zum Konzert, da hatte ich mit 14 noch keine Chance…… Bis heute eine meiner Lieblings McCartney Scheiben!

--

#922355  | PERMALINK

rockingroll

--

#922357  | PERMALINK

rockingroll

#922359  | PERMALINK

rockingroll

--

#922361  | PERMALINK

j-w
    maximum rhythm & blues

*fremdschäm*

--

Staring at a grey sky, try to paint it blue - Teenage Blue
    #922363  | PERMALINK

j-w
    maximum rhythm & blues

Macca ist echt mittlerweile zu einer Parodie seiner selbst geworden. Der einzige, der ihn noch besser hinbekommt ist Stevie Riks:

--

#922365  | PERMALINK

rockingroll

j.w.*fremdschäm*

Ein bißchen Spaß muss sein.

--

#922367  | PERMALINK

j-w
    maximum rhythm & blues

just found this…. :lol:

--

#922369  | PERMALINK

reino

j.w.Macca ist echt mittlerweile zu einer Parodie seiner selbst geworden. Der einzige, der ihn noch besser hinbekommt ist Stevie Riks:

Das ist in etwa die Preislage von Matze Knop (abgesehen vom linkshändigen Gitarrespielen).

--

Noch mehr Comics für alle! Jetzt PDF herunterladen!
Ansicht von 15 Beiträgen - 616 bis 630 (von insgesamt 1,100)

Schlagwörter: , , ,

Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.