Jens Lekman

Ansicht von 15 Beiträgen - 31 bis 45 (von insgesamt 54)
  • Autor

mogwai

ERDMÖBEL:bier: War ja auch ein verlockendes Angebot!

Wie teuer war sie?

--

Highlights von Rolling-Stone.de
      Werbung
      #3914957  | PERMALINK

erdmoebel

mog:waiWie teuer war sie?

8 Steine! noch aktuell

--

#3914959  | PERMALINK

mogwai

Das ist wirklich fair! Ich hatte meine LPs (When I Said… und Oh You’re…) Ende
      letzten Jahres via Caiman geordert. (Also auch recht günstig)

--

#3914961  | PERMALINK

erdmoebel

mog:waiDas ist wirklich fair! Ich hatte meine LPs (When I Said… und Oh You’re…) Ende
      letzten Jahres via Caiman geordert. (Also auch recht günstig)

Letztere kostet dort inzwischen fast 29 €, erstere über Amazon Marketplace gar nicht mehr als Vinyl erhältlich.

--

#3914963  | PERMALINK

mogwai

Oh You’re… hatte ich damals für maximal EUR 11 gekauft. Keine Ahnung warum
      die dort mittlerweile so teuer ist.

--

#3914965  | PERMALINK

erdmoebel

mog:waiOh You’re… hatte ich damals für maximal EUR 11 gekauft. Keine Ahnung warum
      die dort mittlerweile so teuer ist.

Einziger Anbieter z. Z., sowas treibt den Preis in die Höhe.
      Knallharte Marktwirtschaft! :teufel:

--

#3914967  | PERMALINK

spenalzo

ERDMÖBELJepp!
      Herrlicher Avatar übrigens!
      Hab das Album bestellt …

danke sehr ;)
      das album läuft bei mir rauf und runet.
      Liegt noch knapp vor „oh you’re so silent jens“

--

#3914969  | PERMALINK

sweetheart
      trouble loves me

Von seinem Blog:

Jens LekmanListen to this: Rappers Delight Club – When We Were Kids

I forgot to mention this. Maybe you’ve already heard it. I love it, I’m thinking maybe I should sample it to twist it around once more. The sampling is almost incestuous, ha ha. Like a Pop Mise en Abyme.

Anyway, this brings me to the darkest territory of my heart at the moment. Sample laws. Can anyone come up with something more retarded ? Here’s my philosophy: If I sample something that is in any way recognisable, I think it’s fair to ask for permission, credit the source and pay them a percentage of my record sales. But I can’t do that because when you clear a sample you have to pay for 100.000 to a million copies in advance. Clearing the samples for my new record has been estimated to cost at least $400.000. I would be in debt for the rest of my life. So I’m left with two options: risking it or replacing them.

Risking it gives me dandruff. 20 years from now they can come knock at my door. And something tells me they will if things keep going in this direction. The message from the court is plain and simple: „Get a license or do not sample. We do not see this as stifling creativity in any significant way.“ This was back in 2005, when Bridgeport Music Inc. managed to eliminate the de minimis doctrine. Since then I’ve heard rumours of software being developed with the sole purpose of identifying samples, no matter how small, hidden or unidentifiable. There’s money to be made by suing artists and Bridgeport and others have made it their business. So I don’t know about risking it.

Replacing them is also out of the question. The beauty of the collage technique is that you’re using sounds that have never met and were never supposed to meet. You introduce them to each other, at first they’re a bit shy, clumsy, staring at their shoes. But you can sense there’s something there. So you cut and paste a little bit and by the end of the song you can spot them in the corner, holding hands. The magic is in the mistakes, the scratches and dust from the vinylrecord, the echo from something that happened a few bars ago and most importantly the new context in which they are placed.

I hate to say it but most of all I’m upset with my recordlabel Secretly Canadian. It was two weeks ago now that they said „Hey, we just had a meeting and decided that you’re gonna have to remove all the samples“. I love those guys and I’ve really enjoyed working with them and want to continue doing so. I also understand their concern. But they come up with this NOW ? When the record is already finished ?

I’m scared this record would become my own Chinese Democracy, eternally delayed or never released. So I’m gonna take a little while to figure this out and if I can’t find a solution I’ll just put the songs up here and move on. I have a lot of stuff to do cause when I was a teenager I went to a fortune teller who told me I would die young.

--

My favourite 45s and LPs of all time.
      #3914971  | PERMALINK

ghostofdavid

für alle, die es interessiert: Jens Lekman ist in diesem Jahr beim Immergut. Leider nur 35 Minuten lang laut Zeitplan, aber immerhin, sehr tolle Sache. Vielleicht ist er ja dann auch noch irgendwo anders unterwegs.

#3914973  | PERMALINK

observer

Auf der Seite von Secretly Canadian kann man sich die neue Single von Lekman als Stream anhören: “Friday Night at the Drive-In Bingo“. Leider ist sie noch nicht im SC-Shop gelistet.

Tip des Tages: Manchmal hilft ein Blick in die Cache-Dateien.

--

Wake up! It`s t-shirt weather.
      #3914975  | PERMALINK

jan_jan
      Chosen Undead

Hier gibt es sie.

--

Arise now, ye Tarnished/Ye dead, who yet live/ The call of long-lost grace speaks to us all  
      #3914977  | PERMALINK

spenalzo

Und wann kommt das Album?

--

#3914979  | PERMALINK

jan_jan
      Chosen Undead

Irgendwo habe ich 5. September gelesen.

--

Arise now, ye Tarnished/Ye dead, who yet live/ The call of long-lost grace speaks to us all  
      #3914981  | PERMALINK

chocolate-milk

Jens Lekman Smalltalk News, ich zitiere mal:

„I’m still working on my next record, I know it’s been a while. It’s taken a long time because it started to take shape only a few months ago. Up until then it was a cluster of everything. As if you would have dug your hand down your pocket and just thrown the contents on the table – sort of like my three last albums and there’s nothing wrong with them but this one’s an Album. It’s been trying to tell me that the whole time.

It’s been trying to tell me that I don’t have much say in this, that the process is not like building from the ground up, but rather like unfolding from the top down. I set out to write about anything but myself and ended up writing only about myself and maybe 3-4 other people who really don’t serve any other purpose than to reflect myself. It’s been trying to tell me that a self portrait is not just a dialogue between you and yourself, but it’s also a dialogue with a third person – the beholder. Or in a larger perspective – society. Yeah right album, whatever you say.

I set out to write about anything but heartbreak, and ended up writing almost entirely about it. I felt like a war correspondent, wishing for a small column about gardening. Putting on my helmet and my bulletproof vest one more day. It said: You’re doing a good thing, remember all the people who write to you with their stories. All they want is someone to tell them theirs so they know they’re not alone. I said : Yeah yeah yeah.

But we seem to agree on the sound. I said „aerodynamic“. It said „cool“.

I’m gonna keep my mouth shut now because we still have a long way to go and I have no idea where it will lead me eventually. But my plan is to get this and an EP out this year.

Over and out. J“

(Quelle: jenslekman.com)

--

#3914983  | PERMALINK

mr-soul

Habe ich auch vor ein paar Tagen mit Interesse gelesen. Hoffen wir mal, dass es dieses Jahr endlich was wird mit neuen Veröffentlichungen.

--

"i tell all my friends that i'm bound for heaven, and if it ain't so you can't blame me for living" Thank You, Jason!
    Ansicht von 15 Beiträgen - 31 bis 45 (von insgesamt 54)

Schlagwörter: 

Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.