NICK CAVE & THE BAD SEEDS – B-Sides And Rarities

Startseite Foren Die Tonträger: Aktuell und Antiquariat Aktuelle Platten NICK CAVE & THE BAD SEEDS – B-Sides And Rarities

Ansicht von 11 Beiträgen - 1 bis 11 (von insgesamt 11)
  • Autor

alltagspoet

1109303455_big.jpg

Soll am 21./28.03 erscheinen und birgt auf 3 CDs das, was der Titel verspricht.

--

...WO finde ich WO? [/COLOR]
    Highlights von Rolling-Stone.de
      Werbung
      #2648299  | PERMALINK

bullitt

Hat du noche eine Tracklist?

--

#2648301  | PERMALINK

guitarman

CD1
      1. Deanna (Acoustic Version)
      2. The Mercy Seat (Acoustic Version)
      3. City Of Refuge (Acoustic Version)
      [Three acoustic versions of Bad Seed songs, initially given away as a free 7″ and CD with The Good Son LP, 1990. City Of Refuge is based upon Blind Willie Johnson’s 1928 recording, ‚I’m Gonna to Run To The City Of Refuge.‘]
      4. The Moon Is In The Gutter – B-side of the In The Ghetto single (a cover of Elvis‘ song and The Bad Seeds first single), 1984. From the From Her To Eternity sessions.
      5. The Six Strings That Drew Blood – A radical reworking of a Birthday Party song (Cave and Mick Harvey’s first band) on the B-side of Tupelo (loosely based on the John Lee Hooker song), 1985. From The First Born Is Dead sessions.
      6. Rye Whisky – interpretation of a traditional song, first available as a flexidisc with Reflex magazine, 1989. Recorded during the Kicking Against The Pricks sessions, 1986.
      7. Running Scared – Cover of Roy ‚The Big O‘ Orbison’s song, 1986. From the Kicking Against The Pricks sessions. B-Side of The Singer (A.K.A The Folksinger) 12 Inch single, 1986.
      8. Black Betty – Cover of the Leadbelly song, 1986. From the Kicking Against The Pricks sessions. B-side of The Singer (A.K.A The Folksinger) 12 Inch single, 1986.
      9. Scum – Flexidisc sold with a poster at Bad Seeds concerts, 1986. From the Your Funeral… My Trial sessions.
      10. The Girl At The Bottom Of My Glass – B-side of Deanna 12″ single, now deleted, 1988. From the Tender Prey sessions.
      11. The Train Song – B-side of The Ship Song 7″ single, 1990. From The Good Son sessions.
      12. Cocks ‚N‘ Asses – B-side of The Weeping Song 7″ single, 1990.
      13. Blue Bird – B-side of Straight To You 12″ single, 1992. From the Henry’s Dream Sessions.
      14. Helpless – Neil Young cover first issued on the Neil Young tribute LP, The Bridge, 1989.
      15. God’s Hotel – KCRW radio session previously released on Rare On Air Volume 1 CD, featuring other KCRW sessions by various artists (including x, John Cale, Beck, Tori Amos) on the US label Mammoth Records, 1992. (Note: Amazon states that this CD actually came out in 1994…. )
      16. (I’ll Love You) Till The End Of The World – Taken from the original soundtrack of Wim Wenders‘ film Until The End Of The World, 1991. Also issued as B-side of Loverman ‚hypnotic‘ picture disc. 17. Cassiel’s Song – Taken from the original soundtrack of Wim Wenders‘ film Faraway, So Close!, 1993. Features former founding member of the Bad Seeds Barry Adamson playing bass. Also on the B-side of the Do You Love Me? single, 1994.
      18. Tower Of Song – a Leonard Cohen cover from I’m Your Fan, a Leonard Cohen tribute LP, 1991.
      19. What Can I Give You? – Believed to have been issued as a promo only release in France. This music of this song was originally recorded with the lyrics of Far Away, So Close for use in the Wim Wenders‘ motion picture. The origins of this second version, with a new set of lyrics by Cave, recorded during the early 90’s (possibly 1993) but from sessions unknown, are now lost in the mists of time.

CD2
      1. What A Wonderful World – A Nick Cave and Shane MacGowan duet of the Louis Armstrong standard. Single release, 1992.
      2. Rainy Night In Soho – Cave’s cover of classic The Pogues song. B-side of What A Wonderful World.
      3. Lucy (Version #2) – MacGowan’s cover of the haunting Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds song, featured on The Good Son. Also B-side of What A Wonderful World.
      4. Jack The Ripper – Acoustic version of the track featured on Henry’s Dream. First issued on the B-side of the 7″ of Straight To You, 1992.
      5. Sail Away – B-side of Do You Love Me?, 1994. From the Let Love In sessions.
      6. There’s No Night Out At The Jail – Previously unreleased cover of the Australian country music classic by the great Australian country artist, Chad Morgan The track was recorded for a compilation album of Australian country songs that was never issued. The track was recorded while The Bad Seeds were mixing Live Seeds and recording demos (including O’Malley’s Bar and Where The Action Is, which eventually became the classic Cave song, Red Right Hand) at Atlantis Studios in Melbourne during January/February 1993. „It was recorded in about 10 minutes and mixed in about 5,“ recalls Mick Harvey.
      7. That’s What Jazz Is To Me – A totally improvised composition recorded during rehearsals for the Let Love In sessions. Released as the B-side of the Red Right Hand limited edition single, 1994.
      8. The Willow Garden – Featuring pianist Conway Savage on lead vocals. The B-side of Where The Wild Roses Grow single, 1995. From the Murder Ballads sessions.
      9. The Ballad Of Robert Moore And Betty Coltrane – B-side of Where The Wild Roses Grow, featuring Gallon Drunk saxophonist Terry Edwards. From the Murder Ballads sessions.
      10. King Kong Kitchee Kitchee Ki-Mi-O – interpretation of a traditional song, on the B-side of the Henry Lee CD single, 1996. From the Murder Ballads sessions.
      11. Knoxville Girl – interpretation of a traditional song, featuring new Bad Seed James ‚Gallon Drunk‘ Johnston on acoustic guitar, specifically recorded as a B-side in London. Also featured on the Henry Lee CD single, 1996
      12. Where The Wild Roses Grow – Previously unreleased version featuring Blixa Bargeld, one of the founding member of The Bad Seeds who left the group in 2003, singing Miss Kylie Minogue’s part in the song. Blixa’s vocal was recorded as a guide whilst trying to establish whether or not Miss Minogue would perform the duet with Cave. This is the actual guide vocal that Kylie Minogue used as her reference for her eventual performance of the song.
      13.O’Malley’s Bar Pt.1
      14.O‘ Malley’s Bar Pt.2
      15.O‘ Malley’s bar Pt. 3 – Previously unreleased version of the Cave murder ballad, broadcast on a Mark Radcliffe Radio One session, 1996.
      16. – Time Jesum Transeuntum Et Non Riverentum – This track (by Nick Cave and The Dirty 3) translated from the Latin, means Dread the passage of Jesus for he will not return) was originally released as a ‚hidden track‘ on the TV soundtrack CD Songs In The Key Of X: Music From And Inspired by The X-Files, 1996. Nick Cave was always annoyed that no one ever seemed able to locate and play the track, which was track 0, hence its appearance on this disc. The album also featured Nick Cave And The Bads‘ Red Right Hand and another ‚hidden‘ track, The Dirty Three’s version of Mark Snow’s X-File Theme.
      17. O’Malley’s Bar Reprise – Yet more Mark Radcliffe Radio One session murder ballad mayhem. 18. Red Right Hand (Scream 3 Version) – From the Scream 3 original soundtrack, 2000, a total reworking of the song featuring Barry Adamson, an orchestra and a set of four new verses from Cave. Remarkably, this track is previously unreleased, as it was inexplicably not featured on the Scream 3 original soundtrack CD and only briefly heard in the movie.

CD3
      1. Little Empty Boat – B-side of Into My Arms single, 1997. From The Boatman’s Call sessions.
      2. Right Now I’m A-Roaming – B-side of Into My Arms single, 1997. From The Boatman’s Call sessions.
      3. Come into My Sleep – B-side of the (Are You) The One That I’ve Been Waiting For? single, 1997. From The Boatman’s Call sessions.
      4. Black Hair (Band Version) – B-side of the (Are You) The One That I’ve Been Waiting For? single, 1997. A different band version of the song featured on The Boatman’s Call.
      5. Babe, I’ve Got You Bad – B-side of the (Are You) The One That I’ve been Waiting For? single, 1997.
      6. Sheep May Safely Graze – a previously unreleased outtake from The Boatman’s Call sessions, 1996.
      7. Opium Tea – a previously unreleased outtake from The Boatman’s Call sessions, 1996.
      8. Grief Came Riding – an extra track from the special edition issue of the No More Shall We Part LP, 2001.
      9. Bless His Ever Loving Heart – an extra track from the special edition issue of the No More Shall We Part LP, 2001.
      10. Good Good Day – B-side of As I Sat Sadly By Her Side single, 2001. From the No More Shall We Part sessions.
      11. Little Janey’s Gone – B-side of As I Sat Sadly By Her Side single, 2001. From the No More Shall We Part sessions.
      12. I Feel So Good – a blues cover, recorded in London, from the Wim Wenders film The Soul Of A Man, part of the Martin Scorsese Presents The Blues TV series, 2003.
      13. Shoot Me Down – B-side of Bring It On single, 2003. From the Nocturama sessions.
      14. Swing Low – B-side of Bring It On single, 2003. From the Nocturama sessions.
      15. Little Ghost Song – B-side of He Wants You/Babe I’m On Fire double A-side single, 2003. From the Nocturama sessions.
      16. Everything Must Converge – B-side of He Wants You/ Babe I’m On Fire double A-side single, 2003. From the Nocturama sessions.
      17. Nocturama – B-side of the limited edition 7″ inch single Rock Of Gibraltar, 2003. From the Nocturama sessions.
      18. She’s Leaving You – B side of Nature Boy, 2004. From the Abattoir Blues / The Lyre Of Orpheus sessions.
      19. Under This Moon – B side of Breathless / There She Goes, My Beautiful World double A-side single, 2004. From the Abattoir Blues / The Lyre Of Orpheus sessions.

*Apart from one track, recorded by Nick Cave and The Dirty Three: Time Jesum Transeuntum Et Non Riverentum

--

#2648303  | PERMALINK

aimee

Wooooooooooooooooow. Haben wollen!

--

#2648305  | PERMALINK

krautathaus

Leg ich mir zu….ich liebe Coverversionen!:)

--

“It's much harder to be a liberal than a conservative. Why? Because it is easier to give someone the finger than a helping hand.” — Mike Royko
      #2648307  | PERMALINK

Anonym
      Inaktiv

zum Glück sinds nicht so viele Covers!
      Ansonsten Pflichtkauf, keine Frage.

--

#2648309  | PERMALINK

loplop

Eine Fundgrube! Hoffentlich preislich so fair wie das letzte Album!

--

#2648311  | PERMALINK

mistadobalina

LoplopEine Fundgrube! Hoffentlich preislich so fair wie das letzte Album!

26,99 bei Amazon – Kopierschutz incl. ;)

--

When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest time, and to the latest. Henry David Thoreau, Journals (1857)
      #2648313  | PERMALINK

alltagspoet

Bei cd-wow.com mit Rabattlink umgerechnet 17,33 € .

--

#2648315  | PERMALINK

helden

Könntest du den cd-wow Rabattlink mal eingeben. Bekomme als günstigsten Preis 18,99 .
      Danke!!

--

#2648317  | PERMALINK

alltagspoet

heldenKönntest du den cd-wow Rabattlink mal eingeben. Bekomme als günstigsten Preis 18,99 .
      Danke!!

http://www5.cd-wow.us/promotion.php?promo_refcode=14282_1&affid=14282

Preise sind in US-$. Bestellung funktioniert aber wie üblich…

--

Ansicht von 11 Beiträgen - 1 bis 11 (von insgesamt 11)

Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.