Paul Weller

Ansicht von 15 Beiträgen - 14,566 bis 14,580 (von insgesamt 15,990)
  • Autor

kurganrs

marbeck  http://paulweller.parlophonestore.co.uk/uk/?ref=http%3A%2F%2Fpaulweller.com%2Fstores%2F
    Von der offiziellen Preorder-Site:
    Double heavyweight black vinyl LP, housed in a gatefold ‘tip-on’ sleeve, with 8-page booklet fixed inside the sleeve, plus a download card. The tip-on sleeve is limited to initial orders only…

Hat da schon jemand bestellt?
    Wie hoch sind die Versandkosten? :unsure:

Highlights von Rolling-Stone.de
    Werbung
    #10525365  | PERMALINK

cinnamongirl76

kurganrs

marbeck http://paulweller.parlophonestore.co.uk/uk/?ref=http%3A%2F%2Fpaulweller.com%2Fstores%2F Von der offiziellen Preorder-Site: Double heavyweight black vinyl LP, housed in a gatefold ‘tip-on’ sleeve, with 8-page booklet fixed inside the sleeve, plus a download card. The tip-on sleeve is limited to initial orders only…

Hat da schon jemand bestellt? Wie hoch sind die Versandkosten?

Habe 6,29 € Porto nach BRD gezahlt für die Vinyl !

--

#10525383  | PERMALINK

kurganrs

#10525535  | PERMALINK

cappucino

Hi all,

It’s been a while since I posted or answered anything, but I continue to review all Weller related activity here via what drops into my email. :)

When I originally saw the announcement about the initial pre-orders of the vinyl being on a „tip-on“ sleeve, I wondered like everyone else – what the hell is that?!?!? It was nice to see other Weller fans wonder the same thing! I did watch the video that (I believe) Cinnamongirl posted, but I still couldn’t see anything really that special with it other than better quality control compared with pressings that may come later. (As a side note it popped into my mind why they didn’t do the same type of quality control with the Paul Weller and Style Council vinyl reissues!)

I still felt that there must be something more to what makes a „tip-on“ sleeve special, so I did a bit more investigating. I think I have a much better idea now that I’ve found and read this thread: https://www.discogs.com/forum/thread/193675

The explanation there makes much more sense, and I now understand what makes them special, and why they will one day be more sought after than later issues of the vinyl package. I just wonder how many of the „tip-on“ sleeves they will produce and will they be available through all vendors – or just through the Parlaphone store? Obviously I want one, but I wonder if it’ll be 500 between all vendors … or is it ALL pre-orders will be „tip-on“ sleeves from anyone you order it from?

--

#10525617  | PERMALINK

kurganrs

@cappucino
    thx for the link and the explanation. :bye:

#10530321  | PERMALINK

marbeck
    Keine Lust, mir etwas auszudenken

https://www.ents24.com/london-events/royal-festival-hall/paul-weller/5372795?referer=touralert&utm_medium=email&utm_source=touralert&utm_campaign=alerts

1th/12th Oct
    Paul Weller

@ Royal Festival Hall, London
    Tickets will be on sale here on Fri 20th Jul 10:00am

Paul Weller

Be in the presence of the Modfather, Paul Weller, as he showcases his new album and career classics at two live concerts.

The British music icon, who turned 60 this year, is backed by an orchestra and joined by special guests at the concerts, where he performs material from his new album True Meanings, released in September.

His 14th solo album and 26th studio album, True Meanings is a record characterised by grand yet delicate orchestration, for which the world-class acoustics of Royal Festival Hall provide the perfect setting.

One of the most revered music writers and performers of the past 30 years, Paul Weller achieved fame with the hugely popular and influential mod band The Jam. He had further success with The Style Council, before establishing himself as a solo artist in 1991.

Weller has received four Brit Awards, winning the award for Best British Male twice, and the 2006 Brit Award for Outstanding Contribution to Music.

--

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." - George Best --- Dienstags und donnerstags, ab 20 Uhr, samstags ab 20.30 Uhr: Radio StoneFM
    #10534081  | PERMALINK

cinnamongirl76

Hi Folks ,

Ich lese heute auf Fb das die beiden UK Konzerte die einzigsten zum True Meaning Album sein werden !

Mir stellt sich da jetzt gerade die Frage ,meint ihr da kommen für Herbst noch Daten für eine BRD Tour ?

Oder sind das jetzt mit den Holland und Belgien Daten alles für 2018 ?

--

#10534415  | PERMALINK

marbeck
    Keine Lust, mir etwas auszudenken

The new issue of *MOJO* magazine has Paul on the cover, and an interview /
    feature on his upcoming album, „True Meanings.“

PAUL WELLER: Celebrating King Mod at 60, unplugged but unbowed, with input
    from key allies.

The issue will be on newsstands and your favourite shops on *Tuesday, 24
    July*.

--

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered." - George Best --- Dienstags und donnerstags, ab 20 Uhr, samstags ab 20.30 Uhr: Radio StoneFM
    #10534477  | PERMALINK

clau
    Coffee Bar Cat

Hat er nichts vernünftiges mehr zum Anziehen?

--

How does it feel to be one of the beautiful people?
    #10534663  | PERMALINK

Anonym
    Inaktiv

Ich finde das sehr gut, nicht nur für einen Mann seines Alters!

--

#10535711  | PERMALINK

dennis-blandford
    Jaggerized

Mit 60 lieber Platte, statt Fake-Matte.

--

"And everything I know is what I need to know and everything I do's been done before."
    #10535727  | PERMALINK

Anonym
    Inaktiv

Er sieht gut aus.

--

#10536307  | PERMALINK

cinnamongirl76

Wieso Fake Matte ,das nennt man Surferstyle die ist modern bei den Herren mit längerem Haar !

Finde die black white Aufnahme sehr gelungen !

--

#10536901  | PERMALINK

dennis-blandford
    Jaggerized

Naja, also mir wäre er im Alter „cropped“ lieber. Und dann noch der Look, ein rotweinfarbenes Wildlederhemd? Oh dear!

Was glauben denn die Super-Spezialisten: Gibt es in 2018 noch einen Gig in der BRD oder eher nicht?

Immerhin hat er gerade die Arbeiten für die nächste Platte aufgenommen und es sollen psychedelische Rockeinflüsse zu vernehmen sein. Eeeek!

zuletzt geändert von dennis-blandford

--

"And everything I know is what I need to know and everything I do's been done before."
    #10536967  | PERMALINK

nail75

Bin kein Super-Spezialist, halte Konzerte aber für durchaus denkbar. Jedenfalls sind wenige Fans von UK-Acts so sehr mit Konzerten verwöhnt worden wie deutsche Paul Weller-Fans. Im Herbst spielt er in Benelux.

zuletzt geändert von nail75

--

Ohne Musik ist alles Leben ein Irrtum.
Ansicht von 15 Beiträgen - 14,566 bis 14,580 (von insgesamt 15,990)

Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.