28.11.2017 "Swooping Eagle #04" & "KopfKino #100" & "Katzenmusik #63"

Startseite Foren Das Radio-Forum StoneFM 28.11.2017 "Swooping Eagle #04" & "KopfKino #100" & "Katzenmusik #63"

Ansicht von 15 Beiträgen - 31 bis 45 (von insgesamt 135)
  • Autor

el-gato

delia-hardy06. Nancy Sinatra – The City Never Sleeps At Night

Das war sehr schön!

--

Werbung
    #10335049  | PERMALINK

delia-hardy
    TomTom-Boy

08. Fats Domino – Walking To New Orleans

“I was about 12 years old when I discovered Fats Domino and the other figures on the R&B scene in New Orleans,” erklärte Simeon Coxe vor ein paar Jahren, als er nach seinen persönlichen musikalischen Favoriten gefragt wurde

“What they were doing grabbed my soul.”

“ Seeing Fats‘ chubby little fingers fluttering over the keys like a butterfly was a trip,“ der dann auch die Silver Apples (unter anderem) beeinflussen sollte.

„My childhood influence by Fats Domino was a lot to do with that – simple melodies, simple beats, simple song concepts. That was where we went with it, more out of necessity, my limitations, than some brilliant musical idea.“

#10335053  | PERMALINK

joliet-jake
    7474505B

Fats… Er fehlt.

--

Radio StoneFM | The fact that there's a highway to hell and only a stairway to heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers.
    #10335055  | PERMALINK

demon

Turbo-Finger, jetzt! :yahoo:

#10335057  | PERMALINK

delia-hardy
    TomTom-Boy

09. The Stanley Brothers – Mountain Dew

„Ralph and Carter Stanley, backed by the Clinch Mountain Boys, played the finest mountain music I have ever heard. Songs like ‚Angel Band‘, ‚Pretty Polly‘, ‚Molly and Tenbrooks‘ and ‚Orange Blossum Special‘ are as heartfelt and meticulously crafted as any fine crystal or good whiskey,“ erklärte Silver Apples‘ Simeon über das Duo.

…oder eben Mountain Dew:

„Oh, they call it that good ole mountain dew and them that refuse it are few
    I’ll hush up my mug if you’ll fill up my jug with that good ole mountain dew

(…)

Well, my uncle Snort
    He’s sawed off and short
    He measures four feet two
    But he feels like a giant when you give him a pint of that good old mountain dew“

#10335063  | PERMALINK

demon

#10335065  | PERMALINK

grizz
    Member of Randgruppe

delia-hardy09. The Stanley Brothers – Mountain Dew

Sehr schön!

--

Alle bekloppt geworden! StoneFM
    #10335069  | PERMALINK

delia-hardy
    TomTom-Boy

10. Cousin Emmy – Ruby

…are you mad at your man?

Cynthia May Carver, professionally known as Cousin Emmy, selbst blieb der große Hit und Ruhm und Reichtum verwehrt, aber ihr „Ruby“ wurde oft gecovert und ein Bluegrass Standard.

Hillbilly-music.com vermerkte für die Dame unter anderem folgendes:

Always joked, „I ain’t educated, but I’m sincere.“ Not only that, but she was apparently an astute business person, copyrighting her songs and was careful about her money. Once said to have remarked, „I’m the first hillbilly to own a

Cadillac.“

Her stage dress was a baggy gingham dress, white stockings and ankle boots along with platinum blond hair. Which, if that wasn’t enough, was held in place by bright colored ribbons.

#10335073  | PERMALINK

tezuka
    The artist formerly known as BB

Die Stanley Brothers waren klasse!

--

#10335075  | PERMALINK

scorechaser

Irgendwie denke ich gerade an den Film „O Brother Where Art Thou?“ :P

--

"Film is a disease. And the only antidote to film is more film." - Frank Capra
    #10335077  | PERMALINK

herr-rossi
    -

scorechaserIrgendwie denke ich gerade an den Film „O Brother Where Art Thou?“ :P

Passt. Da wurde noch in die Tüte gesungen.:)

--

#10335081  | PERMALINK

demon

Was und wie Friederike hier kombiniert, ist faszinierend!

#10335083  | PERMALINK

delia-hardy
    TomTom-Boy

11. The Carter Family – John Hardy Was A Desperate Little Man

http://www.wvculture.org/HISTORY/crime/hardyjohn01.html

John Hardy Found Guilty of Murder in the First Degree

Special Telegram to the Register.

WELCH, W. VA., October 12. – At 8 o’clock this morning the jury in the case of the State against John Hardy, colored, for the murder of Thomas Drews, colored, at Eckman, this county, in January last, brought in a verdict of guilty of

murder in the first degree. The trouble arose over a game of craps and was a cold blooded crime. Motion has been made for a new trial with but small hopes of success on account of the Criminal Court Judge’s indisposition. A recess has

been taken until Monday morning.

January 19, 1894: Hanging of John Hardy

Two of West Virginia’s most popular folk songs are often confused with one another even though they tell very different stories. The song „John Henry“ chronicles the epic struggle between man and machine. John Henry won his contest over a steam-powered drill but the effort cost him his life.

Like Henry, John Hardy was a black railroad worker, but he met his death in a less than heroic fashion. Hardy joined thousands of laborers in southern West Virginia’s booming coalfields in the 1890s. McDowell County was not prepared to handle the population explosion and stories of murder, drinking, gambling, and prostitution became legendary.

One of these stories became the basis for the folk song „John Hardy.“ In the song, Hardy guns down a man who beat him at poker. Governor William MacCorkle later called it a classic tale of „women, cards and liquor.“ Hardy was convicted of murder and sentenced to death. A large crowd gathered at the McDowell County seat of Welch on January 19, 1894, to witness the spectacle. Like many condemned prisoners, Hardy is said to have experienced a religious conversion. Before the noose was placed around his neck, Hardy delivered a moving speech from the gallows in which he showed remorse for his crime.

Although passed down as a folk song, „John Hardy“ has been played by bluegrass, blues, country, jazz, and rock musicians. The song has been recorded by a wide array of performers, including Leadbelly, Pete Seeger, Earl Scruggs,

Duke Ellington, Manfred Mann, and Uncle Tupelo.

#10335089  | PERMALINK

delia-hardy
    TomTom-Boy

12. Ennio Morricone – Guerra E Pace, Pollo E Brace

…von einer Moritat aus dem 19. Jahrhundert zu einer aus den sechziger Jahren des zwanzigsten.

Oder, um das Kinoplakat zu zitieren: „A woman and a boy find a way to inflict pleasure upon one another!“

1968 erschien Salvator Samperis Debütfilm „Grazie Zia“ mit Lisa Gastoni als Lea und Lou Castel als Alvise in den Hauptrollen.

Alvise, 17-jähriger Industriellensohn und voller Verachtung für sein großbürgerliches Umfeld, simuliert eine Lähmung der Beine und sitzt daher im Rollstuhl. Als seine Eltern für einige Tage verreisen, geben sie ihn in die Obhut seiner Tante Lea… und der Reigen, der bald zu einer inzestuösen, sadistischen Abwärtspirale mit ultimativem Ende mutiert, beginnt.

„Lea ist eine attraktive, voll emanzipierte Ärztin, die in Alvises Augen als Personifizierung jenes heuchlerischen Großbürgertums gilt, dem er den Kampf angesagt hat. Weil Lea den scheinbar hilflosen Jungen liebt, ist sie ein willkommenes Opfer für die sadistisch-erotischen Spiele des Neurotikers Alvise. Er zwingt die junge Frau in immer größere Abhängigkeit zu sich, zwingt sie, mit ihrem langjährigen Geliebten, einem ehemaligen Widerstandskämpfer und kommunistischen Journalisten, zu brechen; er verdrängt ihn, da er ihn hasst. Dieser Hass ist aber lediglich persönlich und nicht, was naheliegend wäre, politisch motiviert. Nach dem Sieg über Stefano setzt Alvise sein teuflisches Spiel mit der Tante fort. Er treibt Lea so weit, dass sie das Verlangen nach inzestuöser Vereinigung mit ihrem Peiniger verspürt. Aber anstatt sie durch die Erfüllung dieses Verlangens zu zerstören, zwingt Alvise sie dazu, ihm, dem Kranken, dem Leidenden, die erlösende tödliche Spritze zu verabreichen…“

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danke,_Tante

#10335095  | PERMALINK

tezuka
    The artist formerly known as BB

Ennio!

--

Ansicht von 15 Beiträgen - 31 bis 45 (von insgesamt 135)

Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.