Antwort auf: umfrage & ergebnis: die besten alben von alice coltrane sangitananda

Startseite Foren Fave Raves: Die definitiven Listen Die besten Alben umfrage & ergebnis: die besten alben von alice coltrane sangitananda Antwort auf: umfrage & ergebnis: die besten alben von alice coltrane sangitananda

#11572705  | PERMALINK

Anonym
Inaktiv

aus: http://www.ashramtapes.com

I am Reggie Workman, a musician, educator, human being.

[…]

She was very, very luminous, beautiful, warm, knowledgeable about the vibrations of people and what they stood for. She didn’t talk about it very much but you could feel that she could feel and that she knew. That woman could reach some heights with the music that very few people could reach and I’m sure that was because of her spiritual being and her understanding and learning.

She was one who would listen and put the notes and chords in the place that they were needed, she was a master at that. She loved the Wurlitzer organ. So, what she could do with that organ, the way that she could express herself through notes and the way she found a method to make the notes bend and make them sound like John’s soprano saxophone was amazing. I had so much pleasure realizing that, being a part of that, and hearing that sound with her. That was unique.

I believe that as the universe evolves that different messages will come to us. Her music was before its time and therefore a lot of the people were just not ready to understand it. You know as you move, as you evolve, the obstacles that cause you not to hear or see certain things, you can see beyond. One thing I hope for it is that the spirituality of her music will reach more people and when it does, that those folks that it does reach, will be awakened by what she has put into the music—what message she has put into the music. That can be said of almost any era of music and great creators that we come by and she was definitely one of them.

--