Antwort auf: JIMI HENDRIX – ReIssue & Archive – Thread

#10581780  | PERMALINK

flashbackmagazine

Have you ever been to Electric Ladyland?“ (50th Anniversary Deluxe Box – 3CD+BD / 6LP+BD)

Have you ever been to Electric Ladyland?  You’ll have another opportunity on November 9, when Experience Hendrix and Legacy Recordings celebrate the 50th anniversary of The Jimi Hendrix Experience’s classic album as a generously expanded 3-CD/1-BD or 6-LP/1-BD box set featuring never-before-released session recordings and a Blu-ray featuring a documentary as well as stereo and surround mixes of the original album.

First released in October 1968, was the third and final album of new material by The Jimi Hendrix Experience, and the only one of the band’s albums produced by Hendrix himself. A sprawling psychedelic double-album, it touched on all aspects of Hendrix’s musical personality, from heavy rock to blues, soul and funk. Hendrix’s majestic cover of Bob Dylan’s “All Along the Watchtower” (his only Top 40 hit!) joined his own trippy, heavy originals, including both “Voodoo Chile” and “Voodoo Child (Slight Return),” as well as “Crosstown Traffic” and “Have You Ever Been (To Electric Ladyland).” The U.S. edition on Reprise Records topped the charts for two weeks, and the U.K. Track Records release was almost as successful there, where it reached No. 6 on the album chart.

This 50th anniversary edition has the original album, newly remastered by Bernie Grundman from the original analog tapes, on the first CD.  The second disc, Electric Ladyland: The Early Takes, presents 20 previously unreleased demos and studio outtakes from this period of Hendrix’s all-too-short but happily prolific career.  The third CD premieres The Jimi Hendrix Experience: Live At the Hollywood Bowl 9/14/68, part of Experience Hendrix’s Dagger Records “official bootleg” series. The never-before-released live soundboard recording captures the band at its frenzied height just weeks before Electric Ladyland hit stores.  Finally, a Blu-ray disc has the full-length version of the 1997 documentary film At Last… The Beginning: The Making of Electric Ladyland plus a new 5.1 surround mix of the original album by Hendrix’s original engineer Eddie Kramer, as well as the original stereo mixes in uncompressed 24-bit/96kz high resolution audio.  The vinyl edition presents the identical audio tracks on six LPs, and also includes the Blu-ray.

Electric Ladyland: Deluxe Edition includes a full color, 48-page book including Jimi’s handwritten lyrics, poem and instructions to his record label, as well as rare, never-before-published photos shot by Eddie Kramer from the recording sessions.  The box’s art harkens back to Hendrix’s original vision for the album cover, featuring the future Linda McCartney’s photograph of the Experience and children at the Alice in Wonderland statue in New York’s Central Park.

Tracklist:

CD 1/LP 1-2 – Electric Ladyland: The Original Album (Newly Remastered)

… And the Gods Made Love

Have You Ever Been (To Electric Ladyland)

Crosstown Traffic

Voodoo Chile

Little Miss Strange

Long Hot Summer Night

Come On (Part I)

Gypsy Eyes

Burning of the Midnight Lamp

Rainy Day, Dream Away

1983….(A Merman I Should Turn To Be)

Moon, Turn the Tides….Gently Gently Away

Still Raining, Still Dreaming

House Burning Down

All Along the Watchtower

Voodoo Child (Slight Return)

CD 2/LP 3-4 – Electric Ladyland: The Early Takes

1983…(A Merman I Should Turn To Be)

Voodoo Chile

Cherokee Mist

Hear My Train A Comin’

Angel

Gypsy Eyes

Somewhere

Long Hot Summer Night [Demo 1]

Long Hot Summer Night [Demo 3]

Long Hot Summer Night [Demo 4]

Snowballs At My Window

My Friend

At Last…The Beginning

Angel Caterina (1983)

Little Miss Strange

Long Hot Summer Night [Take 1]

Long Hot Summer Night [Take 14]

Rainy Day, Dream Away

Rainy Day Shuffle

1983…(A Merman I Should Turn To Be)

CD 3/LP 5-6 – Jimi Hendrix Experience: Live At The Hollywood Bowl 9/14/68

Introduction

Are You Experienced

Voodoo Child (Slight Return)

Red House

Foxey Lady

Fire

Hey Joe

Sunshine of Your Love

I Won’t Live Today

Little Wing

Star Spangled Banner

Purple Haze

Blu-ray

At Last… The Beginning: The Making of Electric Ladyland documentary

Electric Ladyland Uncompressed LPCM Stereo 24b/96k

Electric Ladyland Uncompressed LPCM 5.1 Surround 24b/96k

Electric Ladyland DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 Surround 24b/96k

Quelle: SuperDeluxeEdition / SecondDisc

Anm.: die ersten Preise für das 3CD+BD-Set finde ich heftig, siehe z.B.: amazon.co.uk

--